H & R Transport

Old Aug 15th 2007, 4:27 am
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future
Default Re: H & R Transport

Originally Posted by Rodger Rabbit
Hiya Folks,

Just a quikie to say i've just found the forum and read the thread with great intrest!

As i type i'm currently waiting for my LMO to arive! As I too am coming to H&R Transport hopefully at the end of August!!!

How have you got on with the banks? I'm concerned about how long it 's goning to be before i can get and use a bank card?

I'll update my profile shortly but if anyone else is coming over around the same time as me then drop me a pm....

Kev from Wetherby, West Yorkshire.
Hiya Kev,
Lyndon is your man at the moment for more info on H&R, and all the things that he is up to there.
All the best in your move out there and have fun.
I used to know a guy called roger rabbit but he was from london and his name was roger not kev so its not you.

LOAFY...
Old Aug 15th 2007, 6:41 am
Kev and Lisa

Rodger Rabbit is a jewel in the roughRodger Rabbit is a jewel in the roughRodger Rabbit is a jewel in the roughRodger Rabbit is a jewel in the rough

Think lyndon had his test today (yesterday) am waiting to see how he's got on????

Hopefully get some insite into what they test you on as compared to the uk test.

Kev.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

gaffer40 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Rodger Rabbit
Think lyndon had his test today (yesterday) am waiting to see how he's got on????

Hopefully get some insite into what they test you on as compared to the uk test.

Kev.
Nae Bother...... He'll be on his way to the US by now. Down the open highway with a grin from ear to ear, music up, arm out the window,sunglasses on and lovin it...
Old Aug 15th 2007, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lyndon001
Hi Chris

Glad you like the posts, not sure on the price of diesel but i will have a look tomorrow Gas is $1.08 at the Fas Gas down here in Raymond. Cars over here are mostly gas as are SUV's, i think the trucks (pickups) are practically all diesel. Incidently i filled up on the way back from calgary today and it was $0.99.

As for SUV vs CAR, i depends where you are, apparently down here in Lethbridge a car is fine, ive been told not to even bother with winter tyres (wheel see)

Going by what vehicles i have seen so far, most people round here have cars. A lot of people have trucks but i think thats a macho thing or for going playing in the mountains.

Hope that helps

Wow Lyndon big man, ..........Trucks are for macho men and you hate caravanning. I was looking for work in the toronto area, but i think i'll change it to your neck of the woods. Maybe we could be a team, there would be some very interesting conversations and
debates.........Hope you passed the test ok..
Old Aug 15th 2007, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

citicat is a jewel in the roughciticat is a jewel in the roughciticat is a jewel in the roughciticat is a jewel in the rough

Just wondering how lyndon got on with the test, I am sure he had it yesterday (tuesday),

I got all my professional drivers operator handbooks from h&r for alberta when i passed the interview,

Even my 14yr old is reading drivers handbook as it says he can drive from age 14yrs with an adult in the car,

mick
Old Aug 15th 2007, 7:07 pm
Banned

Lyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by citicat
Just wondering how lyndon got on with the test, I am sure he had it yesterday (tuesday),

I got all my professional drivers operator handbooks from h&r for alberta when i passed the interview,

Even my 14yr old is reading drivers handbook as it says he can drive from age 14yrs with an adult in the car,

mick
Hi everybody,

Sorry not done my driving test yet, i think Thurs, had to miss a couple of lessons all the theory passed though, , sorry this is just a quicky, interenet problems, should be done within 24 hrs

Sorry if anyone has emailed me, will reply to all tomorrow

Lyndon
Old Aug 16th 2007, 4:12 am
Banned

Lyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant future
Talking Re: H & R Transport

Originally Posted by gaffer40

Wow Lyndon big man, ..........Trucks are for macho men and you hate caravanning. I was looking for work in the toronto area, but i think i'll change it to your neck of the woods. Maybe we could be a team, there would be some very interesting conversations and
debates.........Hope you passed the test ok..
Oh good grief dont tell me you drive a truck and use it to pull your caravan

When you pull into the services and park diagonally across the bays do you annoy yourself

Only joking, i have got abslutely nothing against caravans, i think they are great, i just dont think they should be allowed on roads.

............And dont tempt fate about driving teamster, if you come over to Lethbridge it could just happen. I'll bring my back copies of "Car & Caravan", the trip will just fly by

EDIT: Please note i kept this thread clean by not making any references to Master Debaters

Last edited by Lyndon001; Aug 16th 2007 at 4:14 am.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Lyndon001
Oh good grief dont tell me you drive a truck and use it to pull your caravan

When you pull into the services and park diagonally across the bays do you annoy yourself

Only joking, i have got abslutely nothing against caravans, i think they are great, i just dont think they should be allowed on roads.

............And dont tempt fate about driving teamster, if you come over to Lethbridge it could just happen. I'll bring my back copies of "Car & Caravan", the trip will just fly by

EDIT: Please note i kept this thread clean by not making any references to Master Debaters
OH MY could be trouble ahead lol...
I used to have a 25ft twin axle van which i pulled with my Galaxy and it was almost as long as an arctic, i did get some looks off one or two coppers but hey i got a class1 so which would get them going. i always parked in the car place to piss the car drivers off, bit of role reversal i think, i would smile and walk off to the lavvy and take my time and then just role on ahead on my journey He He.
You have to dont you.

LOAFY...
Old Aug 16th 2007, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by loafy
OH MY could be trouble ahead lol...
I used to have a 25ft twin axle van which i pulled with my Galaxy and it was almost as long as an arctic, i did get some looks off one or two coppers but hey i got a class1 so which would get them going. i always parked in the car place to piss the car drivers off, bit of role reversal i think, i would smile and walk off to the lavvy and take my time and then just role on ahead on my journey He He.
You have to dont you.

LOAFY...
LOL. Nae trouble fae me boss. Iwould only go into services to have a pee or get fuel. If we were going to park up i would always get somewhere out the way, save the hassle. Usually managed to park in at the fuel area away from every one. Anyway i hope Lyndon has some good news for us tonight. I've got a couple of cans of Guiness in the frigo cooling.just to help him celebrate. I'm off work with gallbladder problems at the moment. Give me an excuse not to take the pills. By the way. I printed off the link for the driving manual. All 290 odd pages and in colour. I got a right hander across the lug from the other half What else am i supposed to do on ma sick bed....
Old Aug 16th 2007, 4:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

LOL. Nae trouble fae me boss. Iwould only go into services to have a pee or get fuel. If we were going to park up i would always get somewhere out the way, save the hassle. Usually managed to park in at the fuel area away from every one. Anyway i hope Lyndon has some good news for us tonight. I've got a couple of cans of Guiness in the frigo cooling.just to help him celebrate. I'm off work with gallbladder problems at the moment. Give me an excuse not to take the pills. By the way. I printed off the link for the driving manual. All 290 odd pages and in colour. I got a right hander across the lug from the other half What else am i supposed to do on ma sick bed....
OOOOH nasty head two:curse:, thats at least another two days off she will have to suffer you

LOAFY...
Old Aug 16th 2007, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by loafy
OOOOH nasty head two:curse:, thats at least another two days off she will have to suffer you

LOAFY...
The good thing is , she's at work all day. I was wondering what's happened to koogeranboots. Blogs not been updated for a while.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

The good thing is , she's at work all day. I was wondering what's happened to koogeranboots. Blogs not been updated for a while.

Ah thats good run round the house all day doing what you want ( Ps2,Xbox, watch DVD's) then jump in bed when she is due home she wont know a thing huh NOT! she is a woman.

I think he was taking some well earned time off thou i am not 100% on that, sure i read it somewhere.

LOAFY...
Old Aug 17th 2007, 3:25 am
Banned

Default Lyndon passed 'is test

Heee hawwww

Well i was trying to post on here this morning and i got a phone call from m insructor, he basically said, could i get my ass around there asap as my test was at 13:30 and we had to do a warm up drive.

Well i passed (Glenmorangie all round) and i popped into H & R just to let them know so i could get booked onto next weeks orientation and guess what, i am going down to California on Sunday for my 1st mentored run.

Well that was a bit of a shock but a least i will be earning

Oh by the way the internet thing is sorted out.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 3:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Grats Hey does H&R pay for motels??? because truck*1818 is parked just down the road from me in Kamloops
Old Aug 17th 2007, 4:01 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Grats Hey does H&R pay for motels??? because truck*1818 is parked just down the road from me in Kamloops

Hi Gremmie

no idea mate, dont think so, you wont get too much out of me tonight i am celebrating a little.

What i will do is post MY truck number on here so anyone who sees my truck on the highways and byeways just has to knock for a coffee.
........As long as they make me one too..................

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.