H & R Transport

Old Aug 25th 2007, 10:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future
Default Re: H & R Transport

Originally Posted by Lyndon001
Hiya

just interested who you will be working for, i heared about the drivers who went to TransEX, i only got the story second hand a day or two ago and i havent spoken to anyone whos done it yet so for me for now its a case of gob shut, ears open.
I'd be suprised if it isn't www.rjhoffman.com
If it is "Citicat" has made a very wise decision.
You simply can't beat hourly pay no matter what,if I could get the truck "on by the hour" instead of by the tonne I would jump at it.
Old Aug 25th 2007, 11:06 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Did that (mines all in German)which isn't a probleme for me but those who may want to read , cant figure out how to change the language on my computer ???? Even half of BE is in german ive given up on the idea
try clicking Start - Control Panel - regions and settings. change to English. this may help.
Old Aug 25th 2007, 11:12 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rudds1
What an absolute mine of information you guy's are, Lyndon your input into this thread is adictive, I've been following this for a few days now and I, like you guys am pissed off with the UK, and need to get me my missus & 2 kids 18 & 13 a better future. Fell in love with Canada a couple or so years ago when we drove up from my brothers in Boston ma, particularly liked the Brockville area in Ontario and also lovely Nova Scotia. I think the main thing from my investigations so far are the property prices over there and that fact that from my position anyway, you don't even need a mortgage and still have money in the bank. So surely the need to earn top dollar! (like in the UK) is no longer an issue. (Just a thought?).
But would those trucking companys out there be prepared to give a tired old 52 year old truck driver a job, and if so whats the situation in Ontario and Nova scotia. Or would it be easier to buy a property first and use the 6 month stay thingy whilst trying to get work. then return to UK and so on.
Any advice would be really apreciated, and will continue to follow your adictive blogs Lyndon, good luck to all of you guys.

P.S. Love the banter on the I work for the best company and wages bit, just like home really. ha, ha, ha. (but without the traffic jams!)
Welcome Rudds1 - with regard to ages Yanke in Saskatchewan are taking my OH and he's 51 so it is possible
Old Aug 25th 2007, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Lorna_D
Welcome Rudds1 - with regard to ages Yanke in Saskatchewan are taking my OH and he's 51 so it is possible
Hey Transx take until your 55 so no prob there.

Best of luck.

LOAFY...
Old Aug 25th 2007, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

bestie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by loafy
Hey Transx take until your 55 so no prob there.

Best of luck.

LOAFY...
hi loafy

Could you give me transx website please, hoping to move to canada and just looking at firms that are taking on drivers.

thanx

besties wife
Old Aug 25th 2007, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

RodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of light

What an absolute mine of information you guy's are, Lyndon your input into this thread is adictive, I've been following this for a few days now and I, like you guys am pissed off with the UK, and need to get me my missus & 2 kids 18 & 13 a better future. Fell in love with Canada a couple or so years ago when we drove up from my brothers in Boston ma, particularly liked the Brockville area in Ontario and also lovely Nova Scotia. I think the main thing from my investigations so far are the property prices over there and that fact that from my position anyway, you don't even need a mortgage and still have money in the bank. So surely the need to earn top dollar! (like in the UK) is no longer an issue. (Just a thought?).
But would those trucking companys out there be prepared to give a tired old 52 year old truck driver a job, and if so whats the situation in Ontario and Nova scotia. Or would it be easier to buy a property first and use the 6 month stay thingy whilst trying to get work. then return to UK and so on.
Any advice would be really apreciated, and will continue to follow your adictive blogs Lyndon, good luck to all of you guys.

P.S. Love the banter on the I work for the best company and wages bit, just like home really. ha, ha, ha. (but without the traffic jams!)

Hi Rudds

sent you a PM

Rosie
Old Aug 25th 2007, 2:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

To Rudds & Bestie
Plough through all thes websites you'll find 100s of jobs
Canadian Truckers has a link to every province and companies that are hiring in each province.
Expat page of TruckNet UK
Online Truckers - check out Canadian drivers forum
This is the website for Manitoba Transport Association with all of their members websites, it contains links to all of the other Provinces and their members. This site will give you about 500 truck companies to contact.
Canada Transportation Will give you web links, by Province, covering the whole of Canada.
Fleet Directory Covers all of Canada + USA by state and Province
Old Aug 25th 2007, 3:41 pm
Just Joined

Rudds1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gremmie
To Rudds & Bestie
Plough through all thes websites you'll find 100s of jobs
Canadian Truckers has a link to every province and companies that are hiring in each province.
Expat page of TruckNet UK
Online Truckers - check out Canadian drivers forum
This is the website for Manitoba Transport Association with all of their members websites, it contains links to all of the other Provinces and their members. This site will give you about 500 truck companies to contact.
Canada Transportation Will give you web links, by Province, covering the whole of Canada.
Fleet Directory Covers all of Canada + USA by state and Province
Cheers Gremmie, Loafy & Rosie. Can't read your message yet rosie gotta post so many before I can read pm's I think???

You lot are such a big help with your views etc, the only reason I was looking in Ontario & Nova was because of the property prices..... buying a house for say 200,000$can leaves you in a nice position with a lot of canadian dollars in the bank to live off. But am I right in saying that you really need to work with one of these company's in order to get you permanant residency visa????

Thanks for all your views so far.
Is there anyone on this thread from Ontario or Nova scotia?????
Old Aug 25th 2007, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

Rudds1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Forgot!

Gremmie is the property price in BC where i believe you are higher tha Nova & Ontario?????
Old Aug 25th 2007, 5:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

RodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of light

Cheers Gremmie, Loafy & Rosie. Can't read your message yet rosie gotta post so many before I can read pm's I think???
Sorry you've posted 3 times so you are allowed to read it

Rosie
Old Aug 25th 2007, 5:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Try www.okhomeseller.com or google remax kamloops
Old Aug 25th 2007, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

Scott66 will become famous soon enough

All i can say is that i will post things that happen to me and report on what i see, i dont have anything to gain or lose by doing this, H & R dont pay me a comission for luring por unsuspecting drivers into their evil clutches.
What I have been told though is that the people who recruit you i.e. the ones that carry out the interviews then......OFFER YOU THE JOB !!!! are being paid around £250 per driver they recruit, maybe thats why I recieve emails twice weekly asking if I'm interested in going to work for them or if I could pop to the location where they will be carrying out the interviews for a chat!!.

You get a certain feeling for people when you have contact with them and everyone should make up their own minds on the gutt feeling they have...just try and make sure it's the correct one or it could be the most costly one of your life...money & family wise.

Just a quick question:

How many people have been turned down for work who have gone to an interview with H&R or any of the other companies constantly mentioned on BE.
Old Aug 25th 2007, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Scott66
What I have been told though is that the people who recruit you i.e. the ones that carry out the interviews then......OFFER YOU THE JOB !!!! are being paid around £250 per driver they recruit, maybe thats why I recieve emails twice weekly asking if I'm interested in going to work for them or if I could pop to the location where they will be carrying out the interviews for a chat!!.

You get a certain feeling for people when you have contact with them and everyone should make up their own minds on the gutt feeling they have...just try and make sure it's the correct one or it could be the most costly one of your life...money & family wise.

Just a quick question:

How many people have been turned down for work who have gone to an interview with H&R or any of the other companies constantly mentioned on BE.

Hi Scott,
I know of three people who have not been offered jobs out there, one is my close friend.
LOAFY...
Old Aug 26th 2007, 1:19 am
BE Forum Addict

And i've spoken to a few aswell, a certain critearia must be met by thee applicant. Without wishing to sound arrogant not all companies take every Tom,Dick and Harry but some mite thats the same in every country
Old Aug 26th 2007, 2:24 am
Banned

Lyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant future
Cool Personal Opinion

Canadian companies ( i believe) get paid a bonus from the government to recruit and take on immigrant workers, also recruiters get paid a handsome bonus for erm recruiting the same. Also i think the companies keep the handout whether the immigrant stays or not.

I also believe if you take a cross section of british truckers you will have allsorts of people, winners, losers, grafters, shirker, headless chickens, street savvy, lucky beggers and the down right jinxed.

Put the 2 together and coul it be that the canucks are in a win win situation, employ loads of people and get paid for it, they encourage the good ones to stay and the others.................well they wouldnt hve lasted too long anyway

Please before anyone replies to this telling me they are a hard working, talented, proffesional, go anywhere do anything, gods answer to the perfect wheel waggler, who still didnt make it work in Canada o anywhere else for that matter, please dont bother coz it matters not your own self image, we all think we are great but unfortunately its not always true. And thats the way it should be.

First of all, why would you come to Canada in the first place, people are people, be they black, white, thin, fat, we are all shitty to each other, its what we are.

If you have money problems in UK then chances are you will over here, if the transport staff were a bunch of t*ssers in UK then guess what they will be like over here. Actually lets generalise, if you were unhappy, disilusioned, hacked off, not able to cut it in UK then i got some bad news for you.............

However if you were succsessful at what you do in UK you will proberbly be okay over here.

Why do you think there are so many different views on the same old companies, its the same company its just the people that have different opinions.

I origionally started this thread to share information on H&R Transport and to a certain extent Lethbridge in general. I have always tried to print the facts as they have happened to me, i have tried not to spread gossip or go down the "he said, she said" route.

There are some people who take great joy in dragging these threads through the mud, the self satisfaction of pointing what they heared someone else say, pointing out typos or grammar mistakes.

Come on people lets have a couple of pages of facts for a change, i am really doing my best here, stop the bickering, name calling and figure questioning.

I really do wish some of the H&R guys were on here then we could get it from the horses mouth, they must all be out driving, drinking in the Sandman bar or sat in the airport terminal waiting to fly home. Either that or had to sell their laptops to pay for said flights back home.

..........or they could all have better things to do like driving trucks or spending time with their families.

Okay theres some food for thought, lets see if we can raise the level a little or am i asking too much.

EDIT: Oh by the way, if you like what i said, how about flashing a bit of Karma, its nice having a brilliant future but its even nicer to move on. Hey what the hell, even if you disagree just give me some karma anyways, i know it means nothing really but i am feeling kinda shallow tonight

Last edited by Lyndon001; Aug 26th 2007 at 2:34 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.