H & R Transport

Old Jul 6th 2007, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future
Default Re: H & R Transport

What is the average time away for the drivers and what is a typical run? I know many people have different expectations and this is one question that everyone asks.

Karla x x x
Old Jul 6th 2007, 11:57 am
Banned

Lyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by karla03
What is the average time away for the drivers and what is a typical run? I know many people have different expectations and this is one question that everyone asks.

Karla x x x
I have been told by Steve Whittaker (H & R Driver ) and also David Foder ( H & R Transport Director) to expect to be away for up to 14 days. When you first start you can take as much time off as you like between runs but remember you are paid by the mile so if the wheels aren't turnin', you aint earnin'.

I was told to expect to do about 10,000 to 12,000 miles per month and if you look on the website it advertises 42c per mile international.

The company hauls reefers and i was told that most of the runs were hauling boxed and palletised frozen beef down to California, Nevada or Arizona. The back haul is normally fruit back up to Canada.

There are also trips around Canada and over the bumps to Vancouver.
Down in the States there are laws against "Interstating" so it looks like its one trip down, one trip up.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future

Hi lyndon,
This is a great idea here about a thread for H&R and if i get time i think i will start one for Yanke but at the moment i am busy with getting things sorted for my leaving in the very near future. I am also still hoping to start a blog for me and my life with Yanke so anyone can see what to expect.
Anyway great thread and pics too keep it up, you never know might cross paths at some point in the future.
Best of luck,
LOAFY...
Old Jul 6th 2007, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Lyndon001
I have been told by Steve Whittaker (H & R Driver ) and also David Foder ( H & R Transport Director) to expect to be away for up to 14 days. When you first start you can take as much time off as you like between runs but remember you are paid by the mile so if the wheels aren't turnin', you aint earnin'.

I was told to expect to do about 10,000 to 12,000 miles per month and if you look on the website it advertises 42c per mile international.

The company hauls reefers and i was told that most of the runs were hauling boxed and palletised frozen beef down to California, Nevada or Arizona. The back haul is normally fruit back up to Canada.

There are also trips around Canada and over the bumps to Vancouver.
Down in the States there are laws against "Interstating" so it looks like its one trip down, one trip up.

Thats a good rate for international - alittle more than some people are told they are going to be on.. It seems like a really good company.

Good Luck

Karla x x x
Old Jul 7th 2007, 10:41 am
Just Joined

scaniamad is an unknown quantity at this point

great thread lyndon,
got an interview in northampton with H and R on the 18 july
did you go through vrv for your immigration process
Old Jul 7th 2007, 4:47 pm
Banned

Lyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by scaniamad
great thread lyndon,
got an interview in northampton with H and R on the 18 july
did you go through vrv for your immigration process
Hi Dave

Good to hear from you and great to see you are going for it, we have sold the house and are looking to be over there by the end of this month, hopefully see you over there.

Yes we did go thru VRV, don’t worry, H & R will be paying them, not you.

When you go to the interview, there will most probably be a rep from VRV and a rep from H & R, Annette Kooistra and Steve Whittaker.

Go and enjoy the interview and let us all know how you get on.

If there's anything you need to know please ask.

Lyndon
Old Jul 7th 2007, 4:56 pm
Banned

Smile Interesting Tidbit

There are 700,000 trucks across Canada, 420,000 of which are used to carry freight commercially. The remainder can be found in the hands of governments, utility companies and farmers, and occasionally haul commercial goods such as machinery and equipment. About 500,000 are straight trucks and the remaining 200,000 are truck tractors
Old Jul 7th 2007, 4:58 pm
Banned

Three-fourths of American communities depend solely on trucking for delivery of goods and services.
Old Jul 7th 2007, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

september is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: H & R Transport

Fantastic thread, have sent several PM koog in the past just going through the seperation process at the moment.

Hoping to go for it later this yr.

Karla: can i thank you for keeping it sooooo very intresting.

Not having a go at you Lyndon but you don't wear a skirt.
Old Jul 7th 2007, 11:12 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by september
Fantastic thread, have sent several PM koog in the past just going through the seperation process at the moment.

Hoping to go for it later this yr.

Karla: can i thank you for keeping it sooooo very intresting.

Not having a go at you Lyndon but you don't wear a skirt.

If the moneys right i s'pose
Old Jul 28th 2007, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

citicat is a jewel in the roughciticat is a jewel in the roughciticat is a jewel in the roughciticat is a jewel in the rough

I am going with H & R TRANSPORT aswell just trying to sort house out aswell and get rid of everything except laptops, we are not going to take any furniture over just buy new,

steve whittiker from h & r used to live right near me good fella,

$0.42 per mile americas and they will pay 1/2 to medical insurance for me and family, was told all trucks are under 3 yrs old and all auto boxes,

delivery beef to california then back haul of fruit to ca as interstate tipping and reloading isnt aloud in america it has to be a load back to canada,

mick
Old Jul 28th 2007, 9:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by citicat
I am going with H & R TRANSPORT aswell just trying to sort house out aswell and get rid of everything except laptops, we are not going to take any furniture over just buy new,

steve whittiker from h & r used to live right near me good fella,

$0.42 per mile americas and they will pay 1/2 to medical insurance for me and family, was told all trucks are under 3 yrs old and all auto boxes,

delivery beef to california then back haul of fruit to ca as interstate tipping and reloading isnt aloud in america it has to be a load back to canada,

mick
HIya Mick

Just replied to your posting on the Truckers Wages thingy.

If you need a good realtor drop me a PM and will give you ours - she has helped a few of the guys on here.

Gay
x
Old Jul 29th 2007, 12:08 am
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Lyndon001
Hi,

Can you explain this please....do you mean you can't drop off in Arizona then pick up there and drop off if Texas then pick up there and drop off in California....then back to Canada.

Have I understood this correctly....if so do you know why this is.

TA
Old Jul 29th 2007, 12:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
Hi,

Can you explain this please....do you mean you can't drop off in Arizona then pick up there and drop off if Texas then pick up there and drop off in California....then back to Canada.

Have I understood this correctly....if so do you know why this is.

TA
Davie,
If your taking a load out of Canada to the USA you MUST after you have delivered that said load take the next one you are loaded with directly back to Canada.
You are NOT allowed to pick up and deliver within continental USA that is called "interstating" and is totally illegal,not only that but you CANNOT even drop your empty trailer,pick up another one and deliver it to some terminal for a load to be taken by someone else!!!!
This is something I think potential drivers don't realise that its not going to be down to the USA and drive about for a week or two "tramping",its down to the USA tip the load,go get loaded again and back to somewhere in Canada!!

Last edited by Big Truck; Jul 29th 2007 at 12:57 am.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 7:10 am
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future

In years past it was illegal to do this in Europe it was called cabotage, same sort of thing in the states. Now most of Europe is in the EU you can do it but not outside of it.

LOAFY...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.