H & R and SIEMENS

Old Apr 22nd 2012, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

fergie171 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: H & R and SIEMENS

Originally Posted by Chicken lights and chrome
I've been a bit negative about H&R in the past, due to people I know having a hard time there, but I have spoken to quite a few H&R drivers recently and they all seem to like it there, there doesn't seem to be as much hanging around as there was, hich was the main bone of contention before, so worth a shot I reckon
some of my friends worked for H&R and they recommended them to me , but i suppose coming on this forum put loads of doubts in my head and made me start to look further afield...i dont want pr, i just want to work away for upto 5 years with a decent company and enjoy the adventure..im not looking for an easy time or big wages..just me and my wife..and then after 5 years im gonna head back to scotland where all my family are and tell the grand kids all about our adventure...ive spent 24 years away in europe and now its time to be with my wife and not have to worry about getting home for my 24 or my weekend off.........ive been at it all day sending applications out..its now a matter of waiting for a reply ..
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

Chicken lights and chrome is on a distinguished road

Good luck, I don't know if you'll be able to get 5yrs without applying for PR, work permits are only for a year, or two if you're lucky, but you may be able to keep renewing them, can't say for sure as PR is usually the goal, but you never know until you try.........
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Chicken lights and chrome
Good luck, I don't know if you'll be able to get 5yrs without applying for PR, work permits are only for a year, or two if you're lucky, but you may be able to keep renewing them, can't say for sure as PR is usually the goal, but you never know until you try.........
will go for pr...but will still be heading back after 5 years... i understand about not coming back to the uk,but if my wife had said yes 20 years ago we would be there now and i wouldnt go back..but grand kids etc have a certain pull...as with the work permits , i would be quite happy to keep renewing them
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 2:38 am
Just Joined

niamh07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fergie171
.... ive filled in applications for big freight and biggar tpt...ive even sent one off to H&R too..westcan said im too old bison have no LMOs and mattjen want applications faxed through, darcol sound a good company who i would like to work for but i think gremmie would block me so that rules that one out..im looking at companies in ab,bc and sk at the moment...trying to get my finger into as many pies as possible....feeling very disillusioned at the moment...but im gonna soldier on as i want canada real bad
Kelsey trail are on the program in sk they are based in dundurn just south of saskatoon and do Canada only. They've just been advertising so they may be worth a try. Do keep plugging away
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 2:35 pm
Just Joined

niamh07 is an unknown quantity at this point

will go for pr...but will still be heading back after 5 years... i understand about not coming back to the uk,but if my wife had said yes 20 years ago we would be there now and i wouldnt go back..but grand kids etc have a certain pull...as with the work permits , i would be quite happy to keep renewing them
If you get pr to maintain it u have to be physically in Canada two years out of the previous five and it doesn't have to be all in one go so ur grandchildren can experience it with u too? Once it's got u can work anything for anyone and ur free to come and go
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by niamh07
If you get pr to maintain it u have to be physically in Canada two years out of the previous five and it doesn't have to be all in one go so ur grandchildren can experience it with u too? Once it's got u can work anything for anyone and ur free to come and go
i understand that , and i will prob get family over for holiday etc...but as much as i may fall in love with canada....all i want out of it is 5 years work, then im gonna relutantly head back home
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by niamh07
i understand that , and i will prob get family over for holiday etc...but as much as i may fall in love with canada....all i want out of it is 5 years work, then im gonna reluctantly head back home
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

Chicken lights and chrome is on a distinguished road

Heard you the first time mate!
Old Apr 27th 2012, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pat..sue
hello every one ..can anybody give me a bit of advice ...im flyin over to london onterio to do my class 1 and the airbrake test ..iv done the last 20 odd year goin up and down the m6 m74 every nite and iv just married my ex wife again who is canadian ..what are my chances of getting a job ie work permit route can i stay for 6 months until we sort out the spouse route ..thanks
When you send in your Spousel application apply for a work permit at the same time, as this should then run from that application date. Spousel takes a long time and needs to be well researched with lots of proof that you are both a commited couple.
Old Apr 27th 2012, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

.... ive filled in applications for big freight and biggar tpt...ive even sent one off to H&R too..westcan said im too old bison have no LMOs and mattjen want applications faxed through, darcol sound a good company who i would like to work for but i think gremmie would block me so that rules that one out..im looking at companies in ab,bc and sk at the moment...trying to get my finger into as many pies as possible....feeling very disillusioned at the moment...but im gonna soldier on as i want canada real bad
"I would block you ???" I thought I made it clear to you in the PM's that went back and forth between us, That we dont want driver,s living in the trucks and we are not interested in drivers that just want to be here for the craque of it.
Old Apr 27th 2012, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Gremmie
"I would block you ???" I thought I made it clear to you in the PM's that went back and forth between us, That we dont want driver,s living in the trucks and we are not interested in drivers that just want to be here for the craque of it.
//////,,,... you must be amazed to look in the mirror every day of your life...........................and see an asshole..
Old Apr 28th 2012, 4:37 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

//////,,,... you must be amazed to look in the mirror every day of your life...........................and see an asshole..
Glaswegian- Translate to an understandable language= "TOOL"
Old May 2nd 2012, 9:05 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gremmie
When you send in your Spousel application apply for a work permit at the same time, as this should then run from that application date. Spousel takes a long time and needs to be well researched with lots of proof that you are both a commited couple.
Only 'inland' applicants can apply for a work permit, but that takes around 9 months to get after applying and yes, that route does take a hell of a long time to get PR (around 18 months in total going on recent timescales). So the OP would be much better off doing an 'outland' application - there is no work permit option, but he'd have PR within 6 months, so much quicker.

Old May 3rd 2012, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yeh but I'm here living & working whilst you still send begging letters hoping to get here, and the way you try to endear yourself with prospective employers you will still be there in 10 years dreaming of coming over. LOSER
Old Jul 17th 2012, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

well ive now managed to organise 4 interviews, starting on the 9th august with biggar tpt, then its mattjen on the afternoon, next is bd walters and then highway 13 in camrose....so fingers crossed i can impress one of them,, maybe get this canada dream up and running

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.