H&R Interviews........

Old Nov 5th 2007, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: H&R Interviews........

Originally Posted by meritor
oh thanks nice to be here with ya.

yorkshire/lethbridge. and thats true
So when do you start,got a house and home sorted. have you seen Lyndons blog ???
Old Nov 5th 2007, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

meritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nice

i have been here over 12 months mate,and loving it,no house,just truck to live in,i have me time off in hotels,i dont know lyndon but i helped him out on the web before he arrived,he seems to be enjoying it, i will bump into him 1 day i suppose.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=meritor;5514695]i have been here over 12 months mate,and loving it,no house,just truck to live in,i have me time off in hotels,i dont know lyndon but i helped him out on the web before he arrived,he seems to be enjoying it, i will bump into him 1 day i suppose.[/QUO

have you heard any of the rumors and aligations about H&R,drivers leaving
broke,bad working conditions and all that nasty stuff.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 7:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Gremmie
have you heard any of the rumors and aligations about H&R,drivers leaving
broke,bad working conditions and all that nasty stuff.
Having a wild guess I would say "meritor" is probably single and "living in the truck" and going to a hotel (I wonder does he frequent the Sandman?) on his days off means he should be doing OK moneywise with no rent/mortgage to worry about.
Also having no OH at home means he's not under pressure on his days off with the famous "honey do's" and can go straight back out after his 36 reset keeping up the miles, must surely be tiring though?.

For me personally, if I was single with no ties that is the only way I could ever consider the 10/16 days away type of long haul,in MY opnion any other way is just not fair on a wife/family.

"Meritor",are you "vast exp" from Trucknet UK?

Last edited by Big Truck; Nov 6th 2007 at 7:07 am.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 6:38 pm
PREPARED

pete d is an unknown quantity at this point

i have been here over 12 months mate,and loving it,no house,just truck to live in,i have me time off in hotels,i dont know lyndon but i helped him out on the web before he arrived,he seems to be enjoying it, i will bump into him 1 day i suppose.
Alright mate, just reading your thread, it started me thinking, how do you get on with back accounts, insurance etc.. with no fixed abode?
how does your company feel about you squatting in there truck all the time?
have you got any plans for getting a place or is this the long term plan?
Old Nov 6th 2007, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by pete d
Alright mate, just reading your thread, it started me thinking now steady on Pete,you know what the Doctor said
, how do you get on with back accounts, ??????? my Bank account is a pain in the back some times insurance etc.. with no fixed abode? Must get that abode fixed
how does your company feel about you squatting in there truck all the time? I think when he takes a squatt he does actually get out of the truckhave you got any plans for getting a place or is this the long term plan?
Well every one takes the P*** out of my posts

Last edited by Gremmie; Nov 6th 2007 at 6:53 pm. Reason: Forgot the pretty coloures
Old Nov 6th 2007, 7:07 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Alright mate, just reading your thread, it started me thinking, how do you get on with back accounts, insurance etc.. with no fixed abode?
He stays in a hotel when at 'home base' so he isn't in the truck any more than he would be if he had a house.
I did it for 13-14 months. Not much point paying hundreds of dollars a month in rent for a place you only spend 3 or 4 days a month in. Cheaper to pay for a hotel on the few day's you're off. No bills and free internet.
Everything I had (bank accounts/SSN/licence) was at the company address.
Obviously, it's different if you go over with a family.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 7:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

RodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of light

I was thinking the same, I think there's a couple who are doing the same (Rodger Rabbit?).
Is it ok to do this when applying for PNP and what about your days residence in Canada for your PR?

I'm probably being extremely thick but its not the 1st time and certainly wont be the last

Rosie
Old Nov 6th 2007, 7:09 pm
PREPARED

Well every one takes the P*** out of my posts
cheers you
Old Nov 6th 2007, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

meritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nice

hi pete d.
no problems mate,my address is the office address.
i dont squatt that much the bogs over here are a nice height for sitting on!!!.
squatting,normally i go to a motel/hotel on me days off,that can be any where in north america.
bank account,got a bit off plastic,push it in press some buttons out comes the dosh.
no propery yet.
what insurance.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 7:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

RodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by koogar
He stays in a hotel when at 'home base' so he isn't in the truck any more than he would be if he had a house.
I did it for 13-14 months. Not much point paying hundreds of dollars a month in rent for a place you only spend 3 or 4 days a month in. Cheaper to pay for a hotel on the few day's you're off. No bills and free internet.
Everything I had (bank accounts/SSN/licence) was at the company address.
Obviously, it's different if you go over with a family.
Yeah that makes sense, how does it work for PR though?
Old Nov 6th 2007, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

hi pete d.
no problems mate,my address is the office address.
i dont squatt that much the bogs over here are a nice height for sitting on!!!.
squatting,normally i go to a motel/hotel on me days off,that can be any where in north america.
bank account,got a bit off plastic,push it in press some buttons out comes the dosh.
no propery yet.
what insurance.
I find the bogs to bloody low,,,have had a couple of nasty splash downs as i miss judge the height
I'll get back to my packing now
Old Nov 6th 2007, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

dont know,i have not started with the pr yet,still making me mind up,yay or nay.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 7:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

dont know,i have not started with the pr yet,still making me mind up,yay or nay.
I voted YAY for you,,,i think it's called a proxy vote,,if BT had voted it would have been a POXY vote
Old Nov 6th 2007, 7:31 pm
PREPARED

I find the bogs to bloody low,,,have had a couple of nasty splash downs as i miss judge the height
I'll get back to my packing now
Packing where you off too, Don't tell me your going to do some work

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.