British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Trucking (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/)
-   -   H&R Interviews........ (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/h-r-interviews-491183/)

bigwheels241 Nov 19th 2007 5:15 am

Re: H&R Interviews........

Originally Posted by koogar (Post 5572468)
Yea.
In Saskatchewan, you have to do s-turns for your test. I just wondered if it was the same for the rest of canada.
You have to move into the curb on the approach to a right turn then move back out so your trailer stops anything from coming up the inside while you're turning.

Like that in Melbourne Australia

We call it Sharp right hand turn to the left :rofl:

johnny.rayner Nov 19th 2007 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by Rodger Rabbit (Post 5571653)
Hey don't swear!!! :blink: There not "crash" box's, there tickle boxs!:rofl:

You use the clutch to move out of the gear and tickle it into the next:eek: Hopefully without removing any bits of gear teeth, if you do it right the instructor won't say OUCH!:eek: Once you get used to them it's not too bad, just don't rush the change!

Whats weird is once you release the park brake you don't touch it again unless your parking!:ohmy: Even if your waiting at the lights! You can also cross your hands while steering, if he see's you feed it through your hands you get a bollocking! :unsure:

And remember you can turn right on red lights!

its alright kev had a tickle box on ma foden i used to drive, still say they are CRASH BOXES ,so when you expect to hit the road kev.

johnny.rayner Nov 19th 2007 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by koogar (Post 5572468)
Yea.
In Saskatchewan, you have to do s-turns for your test. I just wondered if it was the same for the rest of canada.
You have to move into the curb on the approach to a right turn then move back out so your trailer stops anything from coming up the inside while you're turning.

KOOGAR i do s turns over here in uk every morning then i wake up lol

Rodger Rabbit Nov 21st 2007 11:20 pm

1 Attachment(s)
You do your test starting from the industrial estate, out onto highway 3 for a couple of miles, turn round and back through town onto highway 3 and back through town into industrial estate!!!:ohmy:

Oh yeah, I did mine today and passed with flying colors!!! :thumbsup:

And I did it in the snow too!!!:eek::thumbsup:

All's left is some class room work on weights and log books and were off!!!!

johnny.rayner Nov 22nd 2007 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by Rodger Rabbit (Post 5585816)
You do your test starting from the industrial estate, out onto highway 3 for a couple of miles, turn round and back through town onto highway 3 and back through town into industrial estate!!!:ohmy:

Well done kev you will be banging those miles in shortly then keep me posted ma man and well done once again

DAVIE_MAC Nov 22nd 2007 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by Rodger Rabbit (Post 5585816)

Congrats well done dude...get those miles in.

Love the pic the snow always looks so nice...:D