H & R

Old Apr 14th 2014, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

man240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really nice
Default H & R

Hi, I know a lot of you guys out there don't have very good things to say about H & R, but they seem to be the only company taking foreign drivers at the minute. I was at Loblaws for 6 months last year, but had to return to the UK for family reasons. Loblaw are not taking on at the moment.

So, any thoughts on H & R, or if any of you know of any companies with LMOs now, would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 12:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: H & R

Originally Posted by man240utd
Hi, I know a lot of you guys out there don't have very good things to say about H & R, but they seem to be the only company taking foreign drivers at the minute. I was at Loblaws for 6 months last year, but had to return to the UK for family reasons. Loblaw are not taking on at the moment.

So, any thoughts on H & R, or if any of you know of any companies with LMOs now, would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers.
H&R are the only one you know about, do some research you will find others
Old Apr 16th 2014, 3:08 am
Forum Regular

Milanuk is a jewel in the roughMilanuk is a jewel in the roughMilanuk is a jewel in the roughMilanuk is a jewel in the rough

I can only write you a few companies that employ foreign drivers but I dont know if they have any LMOs...you just need to contact them and you will find out.

Watt and Stuart (flat beds), Hughson trucking, Westcan, D J Knoll, Siemens group (Edge transport, Kindersley)...but some of our drivers use to work for Edge and Kindersley transport and were not happy there....

if H and R is the only one with LMO you can try it. They employ a lot of foreign drivers. Yes I know a few drivers telling me they were not happy there but the main reason was becouse they had to work a lot and had some problems with holidays....but anyway....you can just join them....after 6 months apply for PR nomination and once you get this nomination you can change your job....actually this is how it works here in Saskatchewan....

But if you try to find a job in Alberta....try to do some research on the PR becouse some people say its quite difficult to get it but I have no idea if that is true....
Old Apr 16th 2014, 3:09 am
Forum Regular

Milanuk is a jewel in the roughMilanuk is a jewel in the roughMilanuk is a jewel in the roughMilanuk is a jewel in the rough

and I forgot a Big Freight
Old Apr 16th 2014, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

man240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really nice

Thanks guys, I appreciate that.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

Does Darcol have any LMOs Gremmie?
Old Apr 16th 2014, 4:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Milanuk
I can only write you a few companies that employ foreign drivers but I dont know if they have any LMOs...you just need to contact them and you will find out.

Watt and Stuart (flat beds), Hughson trucking, Westcan, D J Knoll, Siemens group (Edge transport, Kindersley)...but some of our drivers use to work for Edge and Kindersley transport and were not happy there....

if H and R is the only one with LMO you can try it. They employ a lot of foreign drivers. Yes I know a few drivers telling me they were not happy there but the main reason was becouse they had to work a lot and had some problems with holidays....but anyway....you can just join them....after 6 months apply for PR nomination and once you get this nomination you can change your job....actually this is how it works here in Saskatchewan....

But if you try to find a job in Alberta....try to do some research on the PR becouse some people say its quite difficult to get it but I have no idea if that is true....
If a company has nominated you for PR in Alberta and you then leave the company before receiving PR, it will be null & void, you have to start again with the new company.
Old Apr 17th 2014, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

Well, I got an interview with H & R next week in Warrington.
Old Apr 17th 2014, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by man240utd
Well, I got an interview with H & R next week in Warrington.
I should take Gremmie's advice, not just the first offer that comes along, do a bit more research, remember if it goes tits up, you are stuck there until your PR comes through(possibly up to 3 yrs), otherwise find somewhere else and start the whole process again.
Old Apr 18th 2014, 1:11 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

You've been here before Manc (LOL) so you know the score , companies and Provinces wise . Are Hit and Run at the top of your list ? A very different operation than you experienced at Loblaws so be prepared for a shock , have you tried Paul Brandt in Morris MB or DJ Knoll ?
This is Liverpools' year btw
Old Apr 18th 2014, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

Thanks FTTM, H & R aren't really top of my list. I just don't know what to do, I am so confused. I must have e-mailed 100 companies, with only a handful getting back to me. DJ Knoll told me they were gathering resumes, while they are waiting for an LMO to be approved.
I am really serious about coming back over ASAP, & I thought it would have been a lot easier, seeing as I have been before & still have my SK Class 1A licence.
Does Paul Brandt do LMOs? I just need a fairly decent company to give me the chance.
Old Apr 18th 2014, 4:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

PM NMM on the other site for info on Brandt , he works there , you could try Timeline Logistics or Celadon (Yanke) both in Toontown .
Old Apr 18th 2014, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers FTTM, Timeline aren't taking on for the foreseeable. Who is NMM? I will try Celadon as we'll.
Old Apr 18th 2014, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Newmercman , mod on the expats site .
Old Apr 18th 2014, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

Ah right got ya. I will give him a shout. Cheers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.