Just Joined

Nikkinoo75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: H and R

Thanks Gremmie and Arniedog
Old Oct 9th 2011, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

Nikkinoo75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Gremmie, it's Nikki's husband, she's told me that you've in the past posted a list of truck companies that are willing to recruit ex-pats, would you mind directing me to it
H&R came back to me saying that they are not interested as I have a young family & that is currently the highest return rate
Cheers Craig
Old Oct 10th 2011, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Nikkinoo75
Hi Gremmie, it's Nikki's husband, she's told me that you've in the past posted a list of truck companies that are willing to recruit ex-pats, would you mind directing me to it
H&R came back to me saying that they are not interested as I have a young family & that is currently the highest return rate
Cheers Craig
Lucky escape from H&R, who are STILL not providing enough miles for many of their drivers. Unfortunately, the families who think they have emigrated to a great new life are coming down to earth with a bump (and back to the uk, skint).

Ideal candidates, ex army single men, or married with understanding wives and a few quid in their bins, and civvie single men, or empty nest couples who who are willing to suck it up.
Old Oct 11th 2011, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickfly
Lucky escape from H&R, who are STILL not providing enough miles for many of their drivers. Unfortunately, the families who think they have emigrated to a great new life are coming down to earth with a bump (and back to the uk, skint).

Ideal candidates, ex army single men, or married with understanding wives and a few quid in their bins, and civvie single men, or empty nest couples who who are willing to suck it up.
Lots of generalizations here, but adds humour to the forum give it a day or 2 and BT will wade in telling us how it really is out here
Old Oct 11th 2011, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Lots of generalizations here, but adds humour to the forum give it a day or 2 and BT will wade in telling us how it really is out here
Too bloody busy!!!
Old Oct 15th 2011, 10:59 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

So, who's hiring up there these days?
Old Oct 20th 2011, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

Originally Posted by Big Truck
Too bloody busy!!!
By any chance, were you down my neck of the woods on wednesday 11.30am, making a drop to a garage?
Old Oct 20th 2011, 10:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by CurtNIR
By any chance, were you down my neck of the woods on wednesday 11.30am, making a drop to a garage?
Can't remember mate as I've been in every town/village and country garage in NI this past two weeks and driven at least TEN different trucks!!!!!
Great craic but.

Just got paid for first two weeks roughly 530am til 3pm Mon/Fri £1140 gross will do dead on for me!!!!!

Hard work when roller cages are full of 2L of milk or 2L bottles of "SmaK" pop!!!
Delivering pallets of rock salt all this week.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

Originally Posted by Big Truck
Can't remember mate as I've been in every town/village and country garage in NI this past two weeks and driven at least TEN different trucks!!!!!
Great craic but.

Just got paid for first two weeks roughly 530am til 3pm Mon/Fri £1140 gross will do dead on for me!!!!!

Hard work when roller cages are full of 2L of milk or 2L bottles of "SmaK" pop!!!
Delivering pallets of rock salt all this week.
I see one delivering at a maxol near me all the time. Wages look good
Old Oct 21st 2011, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

nwtrucker will become famous soon enoughnwtrucker will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Nikkinoo75
Just hitting brick walls really! We went for a one week trip to Calgary in 2006 and was told that hubby needed 2 years HGV experience so waited 9 months to apply and was told that it had changed and he needed 5 years experience. Started looking into it again in January 2010 but husband had 6 points on his licence and was told by Westcan he needed a clean licence. The points come off this month so he has reapplied through H and R. Though finances might now be a problem, he was supposed to get £10,000 inheritance from his Gran's estate but his parents have changed their minds and said he can only have £2,500 - not sure it's meant to be but Hubby is very determined!!!
Why would Westcan refuse you with 6 points on your licence when your licence is worth diddly squat over there? Just interested as it was never mentioned during my job interview. And yes, we're still waiting for the SINP family class nomination! Won't be over before Xmas now but Please God, some news soon would be good!!! The timelines for SINP seem to be so random and getting information from them.....blood out of a stone!!! Each day is a step closer though!!
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 2:52 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

NW Trucker,good to see you still want to come over,thought you got the SINP nomination after working here for 6 months ? Who knows,that was a few years ago now and lots change.We're waiting on our citizenship now,be glad when it's all done and dusted,no more renewing my I-94 card every 3 months for admission the land of homeland security
Bit of luck,you"ll be here in the spring when all the white rubbish is gone.
Old Oct 24th 2011, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

nwtrucker will become famous soon enoughnwtrucker will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
NW Trucker,good to see you still want to come over,thought you got the SINP nomination after working here for 6 months ? Who knows,that was a few years ago now and lots change.We're waiting on our citizenship now,be glad when it's all done and dusted,no more renewing my I-94 card every 3 months for admission the land of homeland security
Bit of luck,you"ll be here in the spring when all the white rubbish is gone.
Oh yes, definately coming over, the sooner the better! Our case is slightly different in that we have family who are in effect sponsoring us, i.e. SINP Family Class, we've been told that PR is taking 8-11 months in total and about 5 months for a nomination. As soon as nomination is approved we will give a months notice here and head for the airport for the work permit!! Every day is a step closer. Hope to see you soon!!
Old Oct 25th 2011, 12:00 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nwtrucker
Oh yes, definately coming over, the sooner the better! Our case is slightly different in that we have family who are in effect sponsoring us, i.e. SINP Family Class, we've been told that PR is taking 8-11 months in total and about 5 months for a nomination. As soon as nomination is approved we will give a months notice here and head for the airport for the work permit!! Every day is a step closer. Hope to see you soon!!
Bumped into an old mate at the U.S. border yesterday,he's now on with your company and had only good news to report.The firm are growing but taking care not to move too fast,I work with "Cindy's" husband who says everything is very positive there,sounds like the futures bright for you . Good luck and keep us posted.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
Bumped into an old mate at the U.S. border yesterday,he's now on with your company and had only good news to report.The firm are growing but taking care not to move too fast,I work with "Cindy's" husband who says everything is very positive there,sounds like the futures bright for you . Good luck and keep us posted.
Cheers, thats good to hear. They've been very understanding so far so fingers crossed all will be fine. Will let you know when things are imminent. Take it easy.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

berkoboy has a spectacular aura aboutberkoboy has a spectacular aura aboutberkoboy has a spectacular aura about

met up with an expat with H&R at the Husky in Dryden, says he can't wait to get his PR and leave them. One question that was raised tho. Does anyone on here as a foreign worker get a basic wage. I do, if you don't get the miles, there fault, and you are available for work I get 40 hours at city rate. Is it just my company, an Ontario thing , Provincial or Federal. It's in our contracts that a foreign worker must be on a wage!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.