H+R

Old Jul 29th 2011, 4:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: H+R

Originally Posted by bobthedog
OK, so last word from me because I have been asked to just ignore you by someone I will pay attention to, and for reasons you wouldn't understand.

The driver that was in the yard when the truck got emptied out says he has not spoken to you in a while and has said nothing to you of this. I believe him because, unlike yourself, he is always welcome here. So either it was your imaginary friend was also there or you are stretching things to suit your anger.Ooooohh the plot thickens

The way some left BFS is actually little different, yet they are condemning Matt for doing little different.
You meen to say other drivers just walked out on the employer ?? OMG this cant be true
And how can you sit there and say he will never make a long haul driver? What would give you the right to even suggest that. Personally, I would team with him because I happen to know he is a good driver.Obviously BTD is " lebens muede" ie Tired of living He certainly doesn't make the mistakes some others have, and he has no real problems with the standard transmission, which is more than can be said of others on here who drive into the yard and fill with diesel before parking so their shifting can't be heard, or need to be sent for retraining because they have destroyed a clutch by using the clutch brake all the time.This could only happen to an old and JADEd driver

Jesus, all he did was quit a job and people ripped into him on the web. Yet those same people have done worse things as I see it. He had a grievance. Having actually heard some of the crap being said, and I mean from the horses mouth, so to speak, I can understand why he wanted out, and why he left the way he did.

You don't know. You just opine. Let's face it, that's what you do. You slag Gremmie off for being straightforward, but Gremmie is straight shooting and asks before saying too much. A hundred Gremmies is a scary thought, but still preferable to the idea of one of you. I think he loaves me

OK, so say what you will. A lady has asked me to avoid confrontation, and she deserves my cooperation. I respected you before. I tried to clear the air and you didn't want to know. Anything else said from this point is fruitless and pointless because I certainly do not care.
Oh dear
Old Jul 29th 2011, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

bobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura about

Spoke to the boss yesterday as it goes, so yes, I know what he said to him, and I know he was wrong. Not going to speak to Keith till he gets back to my filthy hovel...

I shall be speaking to someone in St Pierre about it just to be clear what is being suggested. As for the crap about cameras, well I hope so, then his DOT buddy will be shown on tape drinking then driving off, also *gasp* smoking in a government vehicle.
Whereas, Matt will be shown as standing there taking it while the man was waving his arms and shouting diatribe.

You want it, mr C, you know where I am, and you are off this week. you are nothing more than a fly in an auditoreum, eventually it will piss everyone off but only one at a time. If you have courage of your convictions then come and say it to me. I am here till Monday. Just let me know a half hour in advance like certain company "owners" ask..

Last word, remember. Not going to get confrontational to the likes of you on here, but she is not here at the house right now, so feel free.
Old Jul 29th 2011, 5:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobthedog
Spoke to the boss yesterday as it goes, so yes, I know what he said to him, and I know he was wrong. Not going to speak to Keith till he gets back to my filthy hovel...

I shall be speaking to someone in St Pierre about it just to be clear what is being suggested. As for the crap about cameras, well I hope so, then his DOT buddy will be shown on tape drinking then driving off, also *gasp* smoking in a government vehicle.
Whereas, Matt will be shown as standing there taking it while the man was waving his arms and shouting diatribe.

You want it, mr C, you know where I am, and you are off this week. you are nothing more than a fly in an auditoreum, eventually it will piss everyone off but only one at a time. If you have courage of your convictions then come and say it to me. I am here till Monday. Just let me know a half hour in advance like certain company "owners" ask..

Last word, remember. Not going to get confrontational to the likes of you on here, but she is not here at the house right now, so feel free.
Ok this bit makes no sense to any one apart from you
Old Jul 29th 2011, 5:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Ok this bit makes no sense to any one apart from you
Hasn't made any sense for a while, then his petty threats about coming to see me now I have to go and see him, have no interest there is absolutely nothing of any interest whatsoever.
He has had his vendetta against an aussie that stole his crown jewels, his vendetta against paypal and ebay his vendetta against spammers now I join the exclusive list
Old Jul 29th 2011, 6:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dave_lol66
Hasn't made any sense for a while, then his petty threats about coming to see me now I have to go and see him, have no interest there is absolutely nothing of any interest whatsoever.
He has had his vendetta against an aussie that stole his crown jewels, his vendetta against paypal and ebay his vendetta against spammers now I join the exclusive list
I blame the long loanly winters on the Ice Roads, it turns men stir crazy...
Sorry Bob that was not me it was #39 me
Old Jul 29th 2011, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

bobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura about

No, not quite. You are rather out of touch, aren't you.. Shutter Island mentality.

I actually have no grievances against anyone, not even you. I would only have ever come to see you to come to an understanding, but you keep upping the ante (google it- I know you aren't that smart).

Gremmie, something the boss of the firm said implies something a little out of sorts and I will not discuss it here, but the jobs you and I have done in the past mean we have encountered that type before. Others only think they have, but they also think they are happy with their lives when they clearly have anger management issues.

I have suggested you come here before, Dave. You clearly won't do it. I, unlike you, have nobody here that will be upset by you and me chatting since they are nearly all dead.
Old Jul 31st 2011, 4:36 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Come on chaps, those last few posts are getting rather personal. Not everyone wants to wade through a load of bickering.

Thanks
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

Chicken lights and chrome is on a distinguished road

Sorry about this, but I'm going to go off topic here and talk a little about H&R

I was talking to one of their drivers and he had a very sorry tale to tell, he was an Englishman and hadn't been there long, but in the short space of time he has been there, he's realised that it is not the job he thought it would be

He had a different dispatcher every day, was left sitting for at least 48hrs between jobs, had never managed to break 10,000miles in a month, if he dared to ask for more miles he would sit around even longer, all the usual horror stories really

From my brief time talking to the bloke, he seemed to have done things the right way, except starting at H&R He had no firm commitments here yet, so was able to manage on the money, but he's lucky that he's a single man (in more ways than one) so doesn't have the financial burden of trying to provide for a family, which is fortunate, as he would be in the poor house if he did

I compare the likes of H&R with the former Commie Bloc companies like CSAD or Hungarocamion, the drivers there may have had decent equipment, at Hungarocamion at least, but they spent lots of time hanging around, they didn't dare complain or they would be sent to a Gulag. H&R are just the Canadian version of that
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Chicken lights and chrome
Sorry about this, but I'm going to go off topic here and talk a little about H&R

I was talking to one of their drivers and he had a very sorry tale to tell, he was an Englishman and hadn't been there long, but in the short space of time he has been there, he's realised that it is not the job he thought it would beHe had a different dispatcher every day, was left sitting for at least 48hrs between jobs, had never managed to break 10,000miles in a month, if he dared to ask for more miles he would sit around even longer, all the usual horror stories really

From my brief time talking to the bloke, he seemed to have done things the right way, except starting at H&R He had no firm commitments here yet, so was able to manage on the money, but he's lucky that he's a single man (in more ways than one) so doesn't have the financial burden of trying to provide for a family, which is fortunate, as he would be in the poor house if he did

I compare the likes of H&R with the former Commie Bloc companies like CSAD or Hungarocamion, the drivers there may have had decent equipment, at Hungarocamion at least, but they spent lots of time hanging around, they didn't dare complain or they would be sent to a Gulag. H&R are just the Canadian version of that
How long is a short space of time ?? 2 months ? 5 months and expects to get the top miles and jobs etc.. cmon we both know it doesn't work like that in the big companies
If the job wasn't what he expected, what was he then expecting ???? Sounds like a total lack of research on OTR in North America

Obviously not doing everything right and expecting more than is to be usually given to a newbie.

Look Mark I am not defending H&R but I am sure you will agree their is usually 2 sides to the story, and no driver is going to admit "He" is at fault or at least partly at fault. So many immigrant drivers make a go of it at H&R aswell as the other companies mentioned on here. You got out if BFS others have stayed, sometimes the expectations on boths sides aren't met, does that make you a bad driver or the company bad.???
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Graham, I agree with you, to a point, the bloke said that he was aware that H&R was not the best company prior to coming over, he had researched them, but he didn't research other companies, that's why he can't understand how they can be so bad, when other firms keep their drivers moving. He's noticed that H&R operate on the like it or lump it philosophy, that there is an atmosphere of doom and gloom about the place.
Old Aug 5th 2011, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Message deleted Mick

WTF, you can't have run out of hatred surely
Old Aug 5th 2011, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Message deleted Mick

Just nothing worth while to say as usual
Old Aug 8th 2011, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

Message deleted Mick

Lol, never hated anyone in my life, just pissed off that the ones who were singing the praises of H&R for so long have been dropping like flies and returning to the UK after encouraging MANY families to join them in the dream... BUT staying quiet when it's gone sour!

At least one family were typical of the ones that gremmie purports to dislike so much, the ones who run up debts in Canada then do a moonlight flit back to the UK.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mickfly
Lol, never hated anyone in my life, just pissed off that the ones who were singing the praises of H&R for so long have been dropping like flies and returning to the UK after encouraging MANY families to join them in the dream... BUT staying quiet when it's gone sour!

At least one family were typical of the ones that gremmie purports to dislike so much, the ones who run up debts in Canada then do a moonlight flit back to the UK.
I thinky you will find that is Dave's pet hate not mine
Old Aug 8th 2011, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

And they came back here.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.