Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

for guys already in canada

for guys already in canada

Old Aug 23rd 2012, 3:10 am
Forum Regular

Ontheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond repute
Default for guys already in canada

hi me and the wife are landing on sunday to start jobs driving coaches, any of you guys that know the lay of the land suggest a good road map for canada for drivers of large vehicles(we are going all over)

cheers (hope no one minds but they don't have a coach drivers section)
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

wire is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: for guys already in canada

Map art are the best in my opinion and most peoples that I know. They are a Canadian company and usualy have covers that are yellow.
AS well as an atlas they do brilliant street maps of all the major cities and surrounding areas. They are definatly worth collecting.

http://mapartpublishing.blogspot.ca/
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

spockil is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by wire
Map art are the best in my opinion and most peoples that I know. They are a Canadian company and usualy have covers that are yellow.
AS well as an atlas they do brilliant street maps of all the major cities and surrounding areas. They are definatly worth collecting.

http://mapartpublishing.blogspot.ca/
rand mcnally and some province maps showing back roads are worth it.
Old Aug 24th 2012, 12:46 am
Forum Regular

vickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dave-kate
hi me and the wife are landing on sunday to start jobs driving coaches, any of you guys that know the lay of the land suggest a good road map for canada for drivers of large vehicles(we are going all over)

cheers (hope no one minds but they don't have a coach drivers section)
Hi who are you going to work for, I use to drive coaches in the UK and europe, and a short time in Canada. Do you know if they still need drivers?
Old Sep 1st 2012, 5:45 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133

+1 Rand Mcnally maps

Invest in a PC Miller or Rand Mcnally sat nav as well as you can program it for the dimensions of your vehicle V useful in my Lorry. Also they have points of interest pre loaded into the maps which I imagine would be of use to a coach driver
Old Sep 10th 2012, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

Ontheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond reputeOntheroadoflife has a reputation beyond repute

cheers all much appriciated...we have not stopped and are now the proud holders of 2Q licences