Got an Interview with H&R

Old Mar 3rd 2013, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

cukks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Got an Interview with H&R

Hi Smudger75 wats it like with WESTCAN,any advice pls..
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

Smudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really nice

Originally Posted by cukks
Hi Smudger75 wats it like with WESTCAN,any advice pls..
Cukks Send me a private message.
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Smudger75
If your a worker you'll fit in and it will work out for you
Glad you're enjoying it in Canada and at Westcan, but your opinion about H&R is simply not true. You can be the hardest worker in the world... it means nothing, if they don't give you any!
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

Smudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really nice

Originally Posted by mickfly
Glad you're enjoying it in Canada and at Westcan, but your opinion about H&R is simply not true. You can be the hardest worker in the world... it means nothing, if they don't give you any!
Don't give you any what?
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Smudger75
Don't give you any what?
If they don't give you any runs, ie miles, ie work. It costs them nothing to sit you, as you are paid by the mile, and the trucks are leased by the mile. The guy never worked at H&R did he? so how can he make such a simple statement?
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

If they don't give you any runs, ie miles, ie work. It costs them nothing to sit you, as you are paid by the mile, and the trucks are leased by the mile. The guy never worked at H&R did he? so how can he make such a simple statement?
The statement was made on my experience of working in Canada and of life out here in general! I have never worked for H & R but what I have been told by drivers that do I can't believe that any driver that does work for them would be sat with no work!!
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

meritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nice

How can trucks be leased by the mile seems a strange thing that.
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

imo Penske,,,Paccar.not sure about Volvo.lease by the mile over a set number of yrs.
i also think there is a monthly paperwork fee.
In other words when the truck goes in for service /repairs the odometer /hubmiles are checked and the company pays so much per mile..
The Paclease KW i used to drive was this way ...........ok iwas explained it all once and my memory is not so good as it was but thats what i remember,
jimmy.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 12:38 am
Just Joined

Madjock76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Even tyres are leased here in the UK now, likes of stobarts change the tyres at 6 week service & pay for the tread that's been used!
Old Mar 4th 2013, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

meritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nice

Originally Posted by meritor
How can trucks be leased by the mile seems a strange thing that.
May be i should have been more clear,During my time at H&R i had several trucks,In the truck documents folder there was a lease agreement,They read that a cost of about $2400.00 per month plus a very minimum cents per km rate.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with Meritor, saw same thing in documents.
Old Mar 6th 2013, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

Gazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Madjock76
Even tyres are leased here in the UK now, likes of stobarts change the tyres at 6 week service & pay for the tread that's been used!
I didn't realise that about the tyres but it is typical Stobart thinking, it's that forward thinking that has seen them grow so much. If you look at how regular they upgrade their fleet you'll see that their non-scheduled maintenance costs are a fraction of other companies who try to drive their own trucks into the floor...
Regular new trucks = very low non-scheduled maintenance costs + regular big lump sums to put against the tax you pay as a company...simple

Also when I used to do weekend trunks for them, the reason they would ask me to the weekend was because their own drivers would not do it as they would get only standard hourly rate. I got paid a lot more than their own drivers because I did not get any holiday pay etc and they did not have to provide me with the full Jacket, shirt, tie etc.
So it was good for them because there was no contract (other than, please take this truck to Sidcup and back) and it was good for me too because I don't like wearing a shirt&tie and I don't need to, to understand how to drive a truck!