Got an Interview with H&R

Old Jan 7th 2013, 2:06 pm
Just Joined

adrianmk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Got an Interview with H&R

Originally Posted by pocket rocket
I waiting on an email for the date. But was told towards the end to beginning of April. They told me they have a new intake every few months so be prepared.

Sounds like you ready to go?
yes im all set as soon as they give me the nod,it will be just me going out for the first 12 mths with my wife coming out periodically so we can sort stuff out,place to live etc
it will suit me better as it gives me time to settle in to the job without worrying about everything else.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

Hi mate, I have a job offer from the last intake but had to wait until March 2013 as I'm not ready to go yet. The work permit is for that firm only. If you want to go elsewhere you would have to apply for a new twp would would mean going back to blightly.
Not true, you can approach another firm and ask for an LMO, then sort out a new TWP to start with them. Unless something has changed.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by adrianmk
Hi Mickfly,

i take it that there have been some developments ?

Have you had previous experience with them your self,
They seem to be the only company around who will support people through the process from Interview to licence to starting?

I have a question or two for you

If i get the job in March,will my visa allow me only to work for them or if things dont work out can i carry on with another company say after 3 months or must i stay until i get PR.
Yes I have had a crap experience with them (where have you been looking for info?)
Why do you think they 'seem' to be the only company who will "support people through the process from Interview to licence to starting"

Any company who wants Temporary Foreign Workers will have to support you all the way to when you drive off in their truck, and some will pay for everything along that path.

Don't mention that you have been on forums at the interview, seriously.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 4:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

"They told me they have a new intake every few months so be prepared."

"but be prepared for the question..."When do you want to start" I was shocked that it was going to be such a quick turnaround."
Speaks volumes.

Some do well there, some don't,
Talk to current drivers, find them through facebook... https://www.facebook.com/hrbulletin?fref=ts

Obviously the link takes you to where the positive posters are, so just dig deeper for an up to date balanced view from current and ex drivers.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

adrianmk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mickfly
Speaks volumes.

Some do well there, some don't,
Talk to current drivers, find them through facebook... https://www.facebook.com/hrbulletin?fref=ts

Obviously the link takes you to where the positive posters are, so just dig deeper for an up to date balanced view from current and ex drivers.
ive just spent 20 mins on it and couldnt find where to go to look,

in your experience what was the problem,if they are like UK fridge companys they want it hard and fast,lots of night running etc.

to be honest as long as they give me a truck with brakes and lights,and pay me what they say they will pay me without trying to stitch me up,and give me the miles im ok with the rest of it.

and if it does not suit me then i shall try and get on with another company if they have LMO for me while im there.

who do you know that is after driver's with the LMo.
Old Jan 13th 2013, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

Madjock76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Be careful with h&r, a mate of mine that worked for them said the Brit drivers get great millage for the 1st 13/14 months then it drops off heavily after they get the $5000 from the authorities. They went through 300 drivers in 1 year while he was there! He was there for 4 years because he had gotten a visa that gave him 10 years access to the US
Old Jan 13th 2013, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madjock76
Be careful with h&r, a mate of mine that worked for them said the Brit drivers get great millage for the 1st 13/14 months then it drops off heavily after they get the $5000 from the authorities. They went through 300 drivers in 1 year while he was there! He was there for 4 years because he had gotten a visa that gave him 10 years access to the US
Best BS post of the new year
$5000 ???
300 drivers in 1 year
he only stayed 4 years because he could go into USA
Old Jan 13th 2013, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

meritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nice

Was this the same mate that gave you the info on Alberta PR???
Old Jan 13th 2013, 10:08 pm
Just Joined

@ gremmie, just going on what I was told by a former colleague & I had it confirmed at my interview with h&r that he stayed with them for 4 years. Have seen similar statements on here in the past about h&r having a high turn over of drivers

@ meritor, I've just accepted a job with a Saskatchewan company that said they'd love to recruit for their Calgary depot but that Ab weren't giving out PR, that's why I asked on here in another thread about what's going on with AINP
Old Jan 13th 2013, 10:09 pm
Just Joined

As you may guess I turned down the job offer from h&r
Old Jan 20th 2013, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud of

As you may guess I turned down the job offer from h&r
H&R or Loblaws
Old Feb 21st 2013, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

pocket rocket is an unknown quantity at this point

Once again the H&R debate has started.

I fly out to Calgary on the 27th March to start with H&R. There are lost of horror stories and pissed off drivers. But like all large companies there are some who love it and some who don't.

I don't form any opinions of people or employers until I have experienced it first hand.

I have started a blog for those that are interested in following my journey.
you can find my blog at http://littlegeordie.blogspot.co.uk/
Old Feb 28th 2013, 11:35 am
Just Joined

ladytrucker105 is an unknown quantity at this point

hmmm ive just read through all the comments on here and i have heard that H&R have gone and do go through a lot of drivers,some move on to other companies other just go back home,but im currently waiting to hear if ive got an interview with them in march over here in the uk,i have spoken to a few past ,present drivers and they all tell a different story ,i guess if we starting at the bottom in a new country and our expectations arent to high then we will survive..lol.:-)
Old Mar 1st 2013, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

Smudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really nice
Smile Re: Got an Interview with H&R

Be gentle I'm new to the forum.

I have an interview with H&R her in the UK?

Any advice?

Me and my girlfriend are looking at the big move over to Canada, AB.

I have read a few bad comments but on looking at other forums they seem to have "Got their act together".

Thanks
If your a worker you'll fit in and it will work out for you, if your the sort of driver that likes to be in cafe's chewing the fat you'll find it hard! I work for Westcan out of Calgary, both me and my family love it out here!!
Old Mar 1st 2013, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

ladytrucker105 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah thats allwe want to do Smudger75 is work and earn a decent living and get our pr and build a life out there,and no no chewing fat in the cafe...just maybe the odd bacon sandwich along the way hey...and whats it like on for westcan? :-))

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.