Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Going back to UK, again...

Going back to UK, again...

Old Oct 26th 2012, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future
Default Re: Going back to UK, again...

Did somebody mention Banter?

Fill your boots!!!!!!
Old Oct 26th 2012, 8:58 pm
Banned

Pit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Big Truck View Post
Did somebody mention Banter?

Fill your boots!!!!!!

I have brilliant banter at work, even with the gals, it's coffin humour, but with a twist, really funny endless banter.
Old Oct 29th 2012, 2:50 am
Just Joined

les barber is an unknown quantity at this point

hi mick,
although i didn't always agree with your views, having a first grandchild is worth going back for, as my parents always find it hard to leave theirs over here.
Not taking up the offer of a new LMO is understandable esp when you find out its for a driver who is finding it tough at another company.
Old Oct 29th 2012, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by les barber View Post
hi mick,
although i didn't always agree with your views, having a first grandchild is worth going back for, as my parents always find it hard to leave theirs over here.
Not taking up the offer of a new LMO is understandable esp when you find out its for a driver who is finding it tough at another company.
Hi Les, no obligation to agree with my views! If we all agreed then it would just be a bunch of backslappers, and no real info would get out.

I didn't refuse the LMO because of the other couple, it was just a good coincidence for them. I'm glad you're still going strong, but are you still at H&R?
We will be working in France again next year, but it's only a days drive or a short flight back home if there are any problems with Grandchild.
Take it easy and drive safe.
Old Oct 29th 2012, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Pit Bull. View Post
Well we had some good news in the UK the economy grew by 1% which means we have come out of the double dip recession, plus unemployment has dropped by 50,000 according to the recent figures published and inflation is down to 2.2% after peaking at just over 5% not long back, things are looking better.
Still plenty of HGV drivers going to Canada so maybe the wages in the UK will turn?
Old Oct 29th 2012, 3:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by garvs11 View Post
Mick if my question to DC was interpretated as a personnel insult then I apologise, it just seems to me no matter what anyone says if DC doesn't agree with it were sad, pathetic, jealous failures, in which I have had each one of these thrown at me as you know me a little better and my situation is comparable to yours I sometimes find a little hard to digest.My first comments were actually very tongue in cheek then I have a big chip on my shoulder.He maybe a straight talker but he isn't a very good listener or judge of character. I'm sure he doesn't actually care about my or anybody else's situation but if at any point he flys into Manchester I would more than welcome him off the flight and buy him a pint, then he can make his own mind up, maybe when we visit family in Winnipeg he might return the complement,stranger things have happened.
Unfortunately Dom, we can't really judge what anyone is like on forums, I have met some of my protaganists whilst back in Canada and got on very well with them, even surprising some of them maybe, by proving that I can actually do the job which most of us can anyway given the chance.
If you met Dave I'm sure you would get on just fine, and even I would go for a pint with the likes of Gremmie. If you were in your workplace this sort of stuff wouldn't usually end up in a fight, just a p**s take of each other.

If I had posted all positive stuff about H&R I would have probably have got slagged off just as much.
Old Nov 4th 2012, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickfly View Post
Unfortunately Dom, we can't really judge what anyone is like on forums, I have met some of my protaganists whilst back in Canada and got on very well with them, even surprising some of them maybe, by proving that I can actually do the job which most of us can anyway given the chance.
If you met Dave I'm sure you would get on just fine, and even I would go for a pint with the likes of Gremmie. If you were in your workplace this sort of stuff wouldn't usually end up in a fight, just a p**s take of each other.

If I had posted all positive stuff about H&R I would have probably have got slagged off just as much.
Only if you pay
Old Nov 7th 2012, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gremmie View Post
Only if you pay
Thanks Gremmie, but I am a Yorkshireman.
Old Nov 8th 2012, 1:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickfly View Post
Thanks Gremmie, but I am a Yorkshireman.
Oy Vey they are tighter than my people