British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Trucking (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/)
-   -   Going back to UK, again... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/going-back-uk-again-775043/)

mickfly Oct 18th 2012 11:23 pm

Going back to UK, again...

... please feel free to slag me off, again Gremmie and Bob the dog :rofl:

Gremmie Oct 19th 2012 12:48 am

Re: Going back to UK, again...

Originally Posted by mickfly (Post 10338300)
... please feel free to slag me off, again Gremmie and Bob the dog :rofl:

Canada will hardly miss you:rofl::rofl:

So whats your feeble excuse this time:blink:

flat to the mat Oct 19th 2012 2:40 am

Where's my bloody invite ?

Big Truck Oct 19th 2012 1:16 pm

You work to live Mick,
not live to work which seems to be the way in North America in general.:unsure:

Family/home life is much more important than any old stupid truck driving job in ANY country!!!! :thumbup:

mickfly Oct 19th 2012 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by flat to the mat (Post 10338516)
Where's my bloody invite ?

Feel free to join in the slagging FTTM but after 12 months loving the flatdeck work with ZERO complaints about anything, and more miles than I could ask for (which is all I wanted from H&R) you may struggle this time.

mickfly Oct 19th 2012 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by Gremmie (Post 10338392)
Canada will hardly miss you:rofl::rofl:

So whats your feeble excuse this time:blink:

Excuse for what?:confused:

The REASON is that my wife thinks she may become too attached to our imminent first grandchild and won't want to return after the birth in December, so, instead of taking the offer of a valuable LMO and a 2 yr work permit from a decent company then not returning after the birth I declined it.:(

If I want to come back the door is always open (so long as LMO's are available).:D

mickfly Oct 19th 2012 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by Big Truck (Post 10339079)
You work to live Mick,
not live to work which seems to be the way in North America in general.:unsure:

Family/home life is much more important than any old stupid truck driving job in ANY country!!!! :thumbup:

There's a lot of truth in that, and I do enjoy truck driving in the USA, but I'm lucky enough to be able to make choices without too much regard to finances, so I may go to Spain and drive one of those tourist 'trains' up and down then prom in my old age.

Gremmie Oct 19th 2012 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by mickfly (Post 10339427)
Excuse for what?:confused:

The REASON is that my wife thinks she may become too attached to our imminent first grandchild and won't want to return after the birth in December, so, instead of taking the offer of a valuable LMO and a 2 yr work permit from a decent company then not returning after the birth I declined it.:(

If I want to come back the door is always open (so long as LMO's are available).:D

So you are giving up your lives, so she can interfere with the up bringing of your grand child. OMG I feel sorry for the new parents all ready:ohmy::eek:

mickfly Oct 20th 2012 1:37 am

Originally Posted by Gremmie (Post 10340030)
So you are giving up your lives, so she can interfere with the up bringing of your grand child. OMG I feel sorry for the new parents all ready:ohmy::eek:

Well done Gremmie, you don't know my wife but you think she is going to interfere in the up bringing of a grand child! We haven't given up our own lives either you tit!:confused:

flat to the mat Oct 20th 2012 2:17 am

Originally Posted by mickfly (Post 10339409)
Feel free to join in the slagging FTTM but after 12 months loving the flatdeck work with ZERO complaints about anything, and more miles than I could ask for (which is all I wanted from H&R) you may struggle this time.

Trouble with you Mick is that you can't decide whether to take a dump or clean your teeth ,when you eventually make your mind up the missus chips in and it's back to square one .
No doubt users of this forum will look forward to your future posts from broken Britain telling all about how crap the economy/work is ,whilst we're still living the high life , and how you yearn to get back over here .
Some lead others follow ,grow a pair before it's too late . Struggle ? Me ? :rofl:
BTW enjoy Benidorm mate :D

mickfly Oct 20th 2012 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by flat to the mat (Post 10340128)
Trouble with you Mick is that you can't decide whether to take a dump or clean your teeth ,when you eventually make your mind up the missus chips in and it's back to square one .
No doubt users of this forum will look forward to your future posts from broken Britain telling all about how crap the economy/work is ,whilst we're still living the high life , and how you yearn to get back over here .
Some lead others follow ,grow a pair before it's too late . Struggle ? Me ? :rofl:
BTW enjoy Benidorm mate :D

Non taken:lol:

dave_lol66 Oct 21st 2012 6:26 pm

All the best Mick and I wish we had been able to meet sooner than a couple of months before you return to the UK. Good luck for the future and whatever you decide to do. :thumbsup::thumbsup::fingerscrossed:

Pit Bull. Oct 21st 2012 6:34 pm

Best of luck.

perkinsgap Oct 21st 2012 8:39 pm

Good luck to you both and like Dave wish I would have met up with you guy sooner then last wed lol I am sure your be back one day please keep in tonch I still be when you come back that's for sure

HoopHoop Oct 23rd 2012 2:37 pm

Hi Mick, I cam across this and thought I would share it.

THE CREDIT BELONGS TO THE MAN WHO IS ACTUALLY IN THE ARENA:
WHOSE FACE IS MARRED BY DUST AND SWEAT AND BLOOD:
WHO STRIVES VALIANTLY: WHO ERRS AND COMES SHORT AGAIN AND AGAIN:
WHO KNOWS THE GREAT ENTHUSIASMS, THE GREAT DEVOTIONS, AND SPENDS HIMSELF IN A WORTHY CAUSE:
WHO, AT THE BEST, KNOWS IN THE END THE TRIUMPH OF HIGH ACHIEVEMENT:
AND WHO, AT THE WORST, IF HE FAILS AT LEAST FAILS WHILE DARING GREATLY, SO THAT HIS PLACE SHALL NEVER BE WITH THOSE COLD AND TIMID
SOULS WHO KNOW NEITHER VICTORY NOR DEFEAT

Believe it was by Theodore Roosevelt.
Anyways keep on truckin Mick & Best of luck to you and Cath, I always enjoyed reading your blog

Hoop