Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Going back to UK, again...

Going back to UK, again...

Old Oct 23rd 2012, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

garvs11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Going back to UK, again...

Hey Mick never mind eh you can join the Failed in Canada Club EH.Welcome aboard Mucker

Last edited by garvs11; Oct 23rd 2012 at 8:36 pm.
Old Oct 24th 2012, 3:34 am
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dave_lol66
All the best Mick and I wish we had been able to meet sooner than a couple of months before you return to the UK. Good luck for the future and whatever you decide to do.
Thanks Dave, it was a real pleasure to meet up with you and just a shame that we couldn't come up to yours for a weekend of shooting mosquitoes.
Old Oct 24th 2012, 3:35 am
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by perkinsgap
Good luck to you both and like Dave wish I would have met up with you guy sooner then last wed lol I am sure your be back one day please keep in tonch I still be when you come back that's for sure
Cheers Garren drive safe.
Old Oct 24th 2012, 3:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HoopHoop
Hi Mick, I cam across this and thought I would share it.

THE CREDIT BELONGS TO THE MAN WHO IS ACTUALLY IN THE ARENA:
WHOSE FACE IS MARRED BY DUST AND SWEAT AND BLOOD:
WHO STRIVES VALIANTLY: WHO ERRS AND COMES SHORT AGAIN AND AGAIN:
WHO KNOWS THE GREAT ENTHUSIASMS, THE GREAT DEVOTIONS, AND SPENDS HIMSELF IN A WORTHY CAUSE:
WHO, AT THE BEST, KNOWS IN THE END THE TRIUMPH OF HIGH ACHIEVEMENT:
AND WHO, AT THE WORST, IF HE FAILS AT LEAST FAILS WHILE DARING GREATLY, SO THAT HIS PLACE SHALL NEVER BE WITH THOSE COLD AND TIMID
SOULS WHO KNOW NEITHER VICTORY NOR DEFEAT

Believe it was by Theodore Roosevelt.
Anyways keep on truckin Mick & Best of luck to you and Cath, I always enjoyed reading your blog

Hoop
Thanks for the best wishes and sentiments Hoop, are you going over to join the influx of Irish lads over in Canada?
Old Oct 24th 2012, 3:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by garvs11
Hey Mick never mind eh you can join the Failed in Canada Club EH.Welcome aboard Mucker
I thought you were in the same club as me Dom, the 'Making Free Choices In Life Club', eh?
Old Oct 24th 2012, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mickfly
I thought you were in the same club as me Dom, the 'Making Free Choices In Life Club', eh?
Mick you cant say that on here, if your returning back to the UK for what ever reason your a total failure.PMSL

How dare us Make free choices in life ehhhhhhh lol
Old Oct 25th 2012, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud of

Mick you cant say that on here, if your returning back to the UK for what ever reason your a total failure.PMSL

How dare us Make free choices in life ehhhhhhh lol
Would you like salt and vinegar for the chips on your shoulder
Old Oct 25th 2012, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

Would you like salt and vinegar for the chips on your shoulder
Judging by those little smilies things you thought that was funny, back on to personnel insults yet again it doesn't take long.Its left me a little confused,everyone who has returned home without your approval are classed as failures me included, your words not mine, so when i ask Mick if he wants to join our club i now have a chip on my shoulder.So is it just me or every bitter and twisted person not to agree with you.

Just one question, Were you the little fat kid no one wanted to play with so you stood on the other side of the road shouting abuse at everyone,then ran off when everyone chased you because you sure do remind me of him.

One little bit of advice my little friend....He Who Laughs Last ..........
Old Oct 25th 2012, 10:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud of

Judging by those little smilies things you thought that was funny, back on to personnel insults yet again it doesn't take long.Its left me a little confused,everyone who has returned home without your approval are classed as failures me included, your words not mine, so when i ask Mick if he wants to join our club i now have a chip on my shoulder.So is it just me or every bitter and twisted person not to agree with you.

Just one question, Were you the little fat kid no one wanted to play with so you stood on the other side of the road shouting abuse at everyone,then ran off when everyone chased you because you sure do remind me of him.

One little bit of advice my little friend....He Who Laughs Last ..........
What a sad man you must be with your "everyone is picking on me" attitude, that is what I find so funny. You have this huge chip on your shoulder (is that really an insult ) that anyone who makes a success of it here sees you as a failure.
I will leave the pathetic insults to you.
Old Oct 25th 2012, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

What a sad man you must be with your "everyone is picking on me" attitude, that is what I find so funny. You have this huge chip on your shoulder (is that really an insult ) that anyone who makes a success of it here sees you as a failure.
I will leave the pathetic insults to you.
Keyboard warrior comes to mind like I say He Who Laughs Last
Old Oct 25th 2012, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Keyboard warrior comes to mind like I say He Who Laughs Last
It's amazing what goes through your mind
Old Oct 26th 2012, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Calm down calm down.

I started the thread as the forum was getting a bit stale, and banter was needed. Gremmie stepped up true to form, but doesn't understand the difference between banter and insults, he is just an angry, inadequate excuse for a human, but, Dom, having met DC he's not what you might think he is... BUT, he is a straight talker.

No need for insults or arguments, for me it was never about insulting people for their perceived success or failure, it was just about the treatment of foreigners by one particular company.
There is no doubt that the said company was not treating people right, and as a result they contributed to their 'failure' in Canada, but Dave, CHOOSING to do something else is not failure, and, in our case, choosing to be nearer to a grand child is not an excuse.

People stay in Canada, or leave, but it's nice to be able to make the free choice. We decided to leave earlier, rather than take a valuable LMO and maybe just work a few more months, the boss understood that, and put the LMO to good use straight away (for an H&R driver that was being starved of work!).
I'm surprised that BTD, H&R's top driver hasn't weighed in with any insults, so a bit dissapointing really.
Old Oct 26th 2012, 7:52 am
Banned

Pit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to all

Well we had some good news in the UK the economy grew by 1% which means we have come out of the double dip recession, plus unemployment has dropped by 50,000 according to the recent figures published and inflation is down to 2.2% after peaking at just over 5% not long back, things are looking better.
Old Oct 26th 2012, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

Mick if my question to DC was interpretated as a personnel insult then I apologise, it just seems to me no matter what anyone says if DC doesn't agree with it were sad, pathetic, jealous failures, in which I have had each one of these thrown at me as you know me a little better and my situation is comparable to yours I sometimes find a little hard to digest.My first comments were actually very tongue in cheek then I have a big chip on my shoulder.He maybe a straight talker but he isn't a very good listener or judge of character. I'm sure he doesn't actually care about my or anybody else's situation but if at any point he flys into Manchester I would more than welcome him off the flight and buy him a pint, then he can make his own mind up, maybe when we visit family in Winnipeg he might return the complement,stranger things have happened.
Old Oct 26th 2012, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Mick if my question to DC was interpretated as a personnel insult then I apologise, it just seems to me no matter what anyone says if DC doesn't agree with it were sad, pathetic, jealous failures, in which I have had each one of these thrown at me as you know me a little better and my situation is comparable to yours I sometimes find a little hard to digest.My first comments were actually very tongue in cheek then I have a big chip on my shoulder.He maybe a straight talker but he isn't a very good listener or judge of character. I'm sure he doesn't actually care about my or anybody else's situation but if at any point he flys into Manchester I would more than welcome him off the flight and buy him a pint, then he can make his own mind up, maybe when we visit family in Winnipeg he might return the complement,stranger things have happened.
Most sensible thing I have heard on here, our door is always open and the fridge is always stocked

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.