Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

funny emails and general chit chat.

funny emails and general chit chat.

Old Nov 9th 2007, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

boxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: funny emails and general chit chat.

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Whose kids are those,,,???? yours
God No . If they had been they wouldn't be anymore
Old Nov 9th 2007, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

This is aparantly what your money can buy in Canada when you go over to start working OTR Work hard an maybe you could end up living like this.....well in BT's world anyway....Only Joking BT.
Attached Files
File Type: pps
Moneymakesusgoaround_1(1).pps (3.56 MB, 238 views)
File Type: ppt
Nice House.ppt (1.04 MB, 219 views)
Old Nov 9th 2007, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

If it wasn't true you would laugh.
Attached Thumbnails funny emails and general chit chat.-benefits1.jpg  
Old Nov 9th 2007, 2:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
This is aparantly what your money can buy in Canada when you go over to start working OTR Work hard an maybe you could end up living like this.....well in BT's world anyway....Only Joking BT.
Yeh but do the cleeners get paid by the mile or per hour.
say for example he's on the 2nd floor with the hoover and has to stop to un-plug and then find a closer socket,is that paid or is that "free",is gold polishing at a different rate,are they paid actual miles or those given of the original architects plans.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 3:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

say for example he's on the 2nd floor with the hoover and has to stop to un-plug and then find a closer socket,is that paid or is that "free",is gold polishing at a different rate,are they paid actual miles or those given of the original architects plans.
mmmmm

Would like to see the contracts good point they would cover a lot of miles.

Maybe the house is that big it crosses the border....would they get paid for that!
Old Nov 9th 2007, 4:50 pm
PREPARED

pete d is an unknown quantity at this point

BLOODY HELL GREMMIE YOU SOUND JUST LIKE BT!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 9th 2007, 7:10 pm
PREPARED

pete d is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pete d
BLOODY HELL GREMMIE YOU SOUND JUST LIKE BT!!!!!!!!!
something just for the ladies and gents in canada.....
http://britishexpats.com/forum/attac...1&d=1194638885
Attached Thumbnails funny emails and general chit chat.-dsc01224.jpg  
Old Nov 19th 2007, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

An Amish boy and his father were in a mall. They were amazed by almost everything they saw, but especially by two shiny, silver walls that could move apart and then slide back together again.
The boy asked, "What is this Father?" The father (never having seen an elevator) responded, "Son, I have never seen anything like this in my life, I don't know what it is."
While the boy and his father were watching with amazement, a fat old lady in a wheel chair moved up to the moving walls and pressed a button. The walls opened, and the lady rolled between them into a small room. The walls closed, and the boy and his father watched the small numbers above the walls light up sequentially. They continued to watch until it reached the last number, and then the numbers began to light in the reverse order.
Finally the walls opened up again and a gorgeous 24-year-old blond stepped out.
The father , not taking his eyes off the young woman, said quietly to his son . .
"Go get your mother."
Old Nov 19th 2007, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

These are cool & Funny.
Attached Files
File Type: doc
FamilyTree3___.doc (242.5 KB, 239 views)
File Type: wmv
Yorkshire Airlines.wmv (5.92 MB, 163 views)
Old Nov 19th 2007, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all

Being a Trade Plate LGV delivery driver, thought I would share some of the funny signs I have seen from other trade platers who are trying to hitch a ride from one drop off location to another.

My Top 10 -

Remember these are what drivers place on a sign attached to their trade-plates

1. (Any place WARM !!)
2. (Any place but here)
3. (Pleaseeeeeeeeee I need it)
4. (Help - I am Cold)
5. (Immingham PUB)
6. (Next Services - HUNGRY)
7. (Quick its raining)
8. (Hey you - Can you help me?)
9. (I do not bite - A Ride Please)

and my best one

10. (Home to MUMMY)
Old Nov 19th 2007, 5:46 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigwheels241
Being a Trade Plate LGV delivery driver, thought I would share some of the funny signs I have seen from other trade platers who are trying to hitch a ride from one drop off location to another.

My Top 10 -

Remember these are what drivers place on a sign attached to their trade-plates

1. (Any place WARM !!)
2. (Any place but here)
3. (Pleaseeeeeeeeee I need it)
4. (Help - I am Cold)
5. (Immingham PUB)
6. (Next Services - HUNGRY)
7. (Quick its raining)
8. (Hey you - Can you help me?)
9. (I do not bite - A Ride Please)

and my best one

10. (Home to MUMMY)
I once saw one in England that read "HAVEN'T KILLED IN MONTHS'
Don't know if he got a lift though.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all

Just had to include this

Transsexual trucker is 'hounded out' for wearing make-up
By LIZ HULL - More by this author »

Last updated at 08:46am on 23rd July 2007

A transsexual is seeking thousands of pounds in damages after claiming he was forced out of his job as a truck driver when he started dressing as a woman.

Vikki-Marie Gaynor, 37, who was born a man, claims bosses started cancelling his shifts when he dropped his old name, Mike, and started wearing women's clothes, earrings and make-up to work.

The former soldier, who has been married twice and has a teenage daughter, was taunted by other drivers who made rude gestures towards him, it is alleged.

Now Mr Gaynor has launched a sexual discrimination claim against the haulage firm and the recruitment agency which employed him. He could receive a five-figure sum if the employment tribunal finds in his favour.

'I have been treated in an horrendous manner by my employers,' Mr Gaynor said last night.

'When I first started I was a respected driver, I turned up for work on time and did my job very professionally. My bosses knew me as Mike and had no idea I was a transsexual.

'But almost as soon as I told them I was changing my name to Vikki-Marie and entering the transition stage of my gender reassignment things changed. I started getting hurtful comments and my shifts started being cancelled without warning.

'In the end I realised I could no longer go into work, it was too painful.

'It is not right that I should be forced out of my job simply because I want to live as a woman and wear the clothes I was born to wear.'

Mr Gaynor landed a £20,000-a-year job with Exel Europe - an offshoot of parcel delivery giant DHL - through the Blue Arrow recruitment agency last October.

Although he had been dressing as a woman in secret for almost 20 years, he had not gone public and was known as Mike Gaynor.

However, in February Mr Gaynor, who obtained his HGV licence with the Royal Corps of Transport as a teenager, decided to start living as a woman full-time.

Although surprised, his boss was initially supportive of Mr Gaynor's decision, which involved changing his name and wearing women's T-shirts, earrings and make-up to work.

But within weeks, Mr Gaynor claims, he started suffering problems at the depot in Kirkby, Merseyside. His regular shift started being cancelled and he noticed a change in the way he was treated by other members of staff.

Mr Gaynor, from Wallasey, Wirral, also claims his belongings and makeup were removed from his lorry and dumped in a disabled lavatory. He added: 'Other drivers, who I'd previously got on well with, started ignoring me.

'I began to notice people talking about me and on one occasion a driver backed away from me while covering his backside and muttering under his breath.

'Another time a colleague made an obscene gesture as we pulled up to a set of traffic lights together.

'I found it very hurtful and realised I could no longer go back to work.'

Mr Gaynor resigned on March 12 and launched his claim for sexual discrimination. He is currently awaiting a date for his tribunal hearing.

He is currently undergoing counselling for his gender reassignment and is hoping to undergo a sex change operation on the Health Service.

Since losing his job he has been surviving on benefits while setting up a business offering employers and schools workshops and information on transsexuality.

A spokesman for DHL said: 'We have robust grievance processes in place to deal with any such allegations and they are dealt with swiftly and appropriately.

'Unfortunately, the employee was not satisfied with the outcome and this has resulted in a tribunal.'

Last edited by bigwheels241; Nov 19th 2007 at 10:30 pm. Reason: moved picture away from my name :p
Old Nov 19th 2007, 10:17 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Just had to include this

Transsexual trucker is 'hounded out' for wearing make-up
By LIZ HULL - More by this author »

Last updated at 08:46am on 23rd July 2007

A transsexual is seeking thousands of pounds in damages after claiming he was forced out of his job as a truck driver when he started dressing as a woman.

Vikki-Marie Gaynor, 37, who was born a man, claims bosses started cancelling his shifts when he dropped his old name, Mike, and started wearing women's clothes, earrings and make-up to work.

The former soldier, who has been married twice and has a teenage daughter, was taunted by other drivers who made rude gestures towards him, it is alleged.

Now Mr Gaynor has launched a sexual discrimination claim against the haulage firm and the recruitment agency which employed him. He could receive a five-figure sum if the employment tribunal finds in his favour.

'I have been treated in an horrendous manner by my employers,' Mr Gaynor said last night.

'When I first started I was a respected driver, I turned up for work on time and did my job very professionally. My bosses knew me as Mike and had no idea I was a transsexual.

'But almost as soon as I told them I was changing my name to Vikki-Marie and entering the transition stage of my gender reassignment things changed. I started getting hurtful comments and my shifts started being cancelled without warning.

'In the end I realised I could no longer go into work, it was too painful.

'It is not right that I should be forced out of my job simply because I want to live as a woman and wear the clothes I was born to wear.'

Mr Gaynor landed a £20,000-a-year job with Exel Europe - an offshoot of parcel delivery giant DHL - through the Blue Arrow recruitment agency last October.

Although he had been dressing as a woman in secret for almost 20 years, he had not gone public and was known as Mike Gaynor.

However, in February Mr Gaynor, who obtained his HGV licence with the Royal Corps of Transport as a teenager, decided to start living as a woman full-time.

Although surprised, his boss was initially supportive of Mr Gaynor's decision, which involved changing his name and wearing women's T-shirts, earrings and make-up to work.

But within weeks, Mr Gaynor claims, he started suffering problems at the depot in Kirkby, Merseyside. His regular shift started being cancelled and he noticed a change in the way he was treated by other members of staff.

Mr Gaynor, from Wallasey, Wirral, also claims his belongings and makeup were removed from his lorry and dumped in a disabled lavatory. He added: 'Other drivers, who I'd previously got on well with, started ignoring me.

'I began to notice people talking about me and on one occasion a driver backed away from me while covering his backside and muttering under his breath.

'Another time a colleague made an obscene gesture as we pulled up to a set of traffic lights together.

'I found it very hurtful and realised I could no longer go back to work.'

Mr Gaynor resigned on March 12 and launched his claim for sexual discrimination. He is currently awaiting a date for his tribunal hearing.

He is currently undergoing counselling for his gender reassignment and is hoping to undergo a sex change operation on the Health Service.

Since losing his job he has been surviving on benefits while setting up a business offering employers and schools workshops and information on transsexuality.

A spokesman for DHL said: 'We have robust grievance processes in place to deal with any such allegations and they are dealt with swiftly and appropriately.

'Unfortunately, the employee was not satisfied with the outcome and this has resulted in a tribunal.'

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/200...07_228x599.jpg
are you sure you want 'all in the UK call me skippy' under that picture?
Old Nov 19th 2007, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by koogar
are you sure you want 'all in the UK call me skippy' under that picture?
Nooooooooooooooooo

edit edit edit edit edit edit
edit edit edit
edit edit edit
edit edit edit
edit edit edit
Old Nov 19th 2007, 10:31 pm
Whatacomplete Member

Nooooooooooooooooo

edit edit edit edit edit edit
edit edit edit
edit edit edit
edit edit edit
edit edit edit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.