firms in Ontario

Old Apr 21st 2011, 5:12 am
Just Joined

Jonka is a splendid one to beholdJonka is a splendid one to beholdJonka is a splendid one to beholdJonka is a splendid one to beholdJonka is a splendid one to beholdJonka is a splendid one to beholdJonka is a splendid one to beholdJonka is a splendid one to beholdJonka is a splendid one to beholdJonka is a splendid one to beholdJonka is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: firms in Ontario

Originally Posted by Gremmie
link to this forum you mention please and just so you know Challenger is not he only company in ON...
Sorry Gremmie ... have to look into this 'linking'.bizness; right click on subject or something
Only mentioned Challenger cos the OP did,
Old Apr 21st 2011, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

Sats72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's a link to the forum mentioned http://www.truckstopcanada.ca/forum/
Old Apr 21st 2011, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

berkoboy has a spectacular aura aboutberkoboy has a spectacular aura aboutberkoboy has a spectacular aura about

I see nothing changes on here. Same people same crap talked. For the poor guy who asked about trucking in Ontario and as the thread has been hijacked as usual, here are some facts. If you go with Challenger you will run team for 6 months. You can be out as long you want. However saying that most foreign drivers are put out into the BC terminal. So if you are teamed up with a BC driver and your family is in ON, few probs there. You go to a truck training school, which you can pay for or they pay and dock it out of your wages. I paid myself, got it back in tax refund.(It's classed as educational)

They are not a bad outfit, but big and all that entails.................just don't piss off YOUR dispatcher. That's where some of the Brits fall over.

Also they have good modern gear, if you're team. Volvo auto after learning in a manual non synchro box. Some things wind you up, just remember you are just a number hauling freight, you remember that, and you will be ok.

One you get used to the crappy roads of Northern Ontario, when you are trying to sleep and the snow and cold............and drum brakes and......and....

I'm sure I will get slagged off now, but hey ho, just trying to help!
Old Apr 21st 2011, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by berkoboy
I see nothing changes on here. Same people same crap talked. For the poor guy who asked about trucking in Ontario and as the thread has been hijacked as usual, here are some facts. If you go with Challenger you will run team for 6 months. You can be out as long you want. However saying that most foreign drivers are put out into the BC terminal. So if you are teamed up with a BC driver and your family is in ON, few probs there. You go to a truck training school, which you can pay for or they pay and dock it out of your wages. I paid myself, got it back in tax refund.(It's classed as educational)

They are not a bad outfit, but big and all that entails.................just don't piss off YOUR dispatcher. That's where some of the Brits fall over.

Also they have good modern gear, if you're team. Volvo auto after learning in a manual non synchro box. Some things wind you up, just remember you are just a number hauling freight, you remember that, and you will be ok.

One you get used to the crappy roads of Northern Ontario, when you are trying to sleep and the snow and cold............and drum brakes and......and....

hey hows life treating you now days in sunny Cyprus, have the eyes in proved yet m8
Old Apr 21st 2011, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
As for Ulster,went there once,got blown up,won't be going back !!
Happens to the best of us,
me THREE times but I'm grateful to be able to tell the tales compared to other poor souls.

Some on the ex-pats forums poked fun that I "didn't have the balls" to move to Canada and drive truck and I've always said if I really wanted it,
WEE BUNS.
Old Apr 21st 2011, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

berkoboy has a spectacular aura aboutberkoboy has a spectacular aura aboutberkoboy has a spectacular aura about

Hey gremmie

The ol peepers are fine. Went back out there drove for challenger for a bit longer, but the misses didn't like BC. I went back on the ships for a while. Kicking around now, but maybe coming back out next month for another outfit. that why I had a look on the forum to what's happening.
if I do and get thru Winnipeg again I'll let you know.
Old Apr 21st 2011, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Hey gremmie

The ol peepers are fine. Went back out there drove for challenger for a bit longer, but the misses didn't like BC. I went back on the ships for a while. Kicking around now, but maybe coming back out next month for another outfit. that why I had a look on the forum to what's happening.
if I do and get thru Winnipeg again I'll let you know.
Yup sounds good, give a call when you pass through we can go to the legion again on St Paddies like last time. Just hope you get a hair cut next time...pmsl who you going to work for you can PM if you want to keep it stumm
Old Apr 22nd 2011, 5:36 am
forever blowing bubbles

arniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud of
Cool Re: firms in Ontario

thanks for that , being jus a number . . . Yeah no different to here then , sometimes in surprised the twats in my office even remember i have a name . A couple of questions if Thats ok . Teams . . . Do you have to do that to start is it a company requirement ? What is the pay like , when spoke to someone on the phone they said a different rate to what the info she emailed me said. What is the health cover like for you and your family . Also you said about going to truck school , if you pay for yourself do you remember how much it cost , they quoted me approx $1600 but said they were trying to find somewhere cheaper. Thanks in advance for your help