firms in Ontario

Old Apr 18th 2011, 11:46 am
forever blowing bubbles

arniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud of
Default firms in Ontario

hi guys looking for a bit more info. Just wondering if anyone out there knows any thing about challenger freight or erb transport both in the Toronto area. Have phoned them both about work when i get to Canada and erb said to pay them a visit when i get my license. Challenger said they would help me get my license at a cost of approx $1600 , although they did say they were lookingat getting it done cheaper . Does anyone know what these firms are like to work for , how do they treat their drivers (or do drivers get treated like s*@t the world over ?). Are there any other firms in the Toronto area that are ok to work for . Thanks in advance for your help
Old Apr 18th 2011, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: firms in Ontario

Originally Posted by arniedog
hi guys looking for a bit more info. Just wondering if anyone out there knows any thing about challenger freight or erb transport both in the Toronto area. Have phoned them both about work when i get to Canada and erb said to pay them a visit when i get my license. Challenger said they would help me get my license at a cost of approx $1600 , although they did say they were lookingat getting it done cheaper . Does anyone know what these firms are like to work for , how do they treat their drivers (or do drivers get treated like s*@t the world over ?). Are there any other firms in the Toronto area that are ok to work for . Thanks in advance for your help
Here's a 1000 other companies to consider, as far as I know both Challenger & Erb are good companies, Erb I believe are union.????
http://www.ontruck.org/imispublic/cu...929f012dcafb2c

http://www.canadatransportation.com/

http://www.overtheroad.ca/

http://www.fleetdirectory.com/ByLoca...da/Ontario.htm

http://www.canadiantruckdriverjobs.com/

http://www.canadiantruckers.com/map2.html

http://www.quicktransportsolutions.c...io/toronto.php

Should keep you busy for a day or 2

Last edited by Gremmie; Apr 18th 2011 at 2:19 pm.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 3:38 pm
forever blowing bubbles

arniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Gremmie
cheers gremmie Thats great i will look at them. You said you think erb is union , is that good or bad , do unions have much power in Canada.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

cheers gremmie Thats great i will look at them. You said you think erb is union , is that good or bad , do unions have much power in Canada.
Erb run 100% legal that much I know. Unions the senior drivers get first dibs on loads, etc. how that affects work ive no idea.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 5:14 pm
forever blowing bubbles

Erb run 100% legal that much I know. Unions the senior drivers get first dibs on loads, etc. how that affects work ive no idea.
sounds like the firm i work for then. Either that or you have to have blue eyes and a brown tongue. I work hard here and i know that when we move to Canada its not going to be easy for a while but can driving trucks in Canada earn you a good living like we are told , i know like anywhere you have to be willing to work hard to get what you want and im not afraid to do that but sometimes you read some posts on b/e and you wonder why youre bothering. Dont get me wrong i know some people just moan for the sake of it and some people dont like the fact that youre doing something to help yourself and are quite happy to just sit there and carry on moaning , ive read a few of the trucking forums to notice that most truck drivers the world over are moaning old gits (at least some things never change ) but as someone who has made the change are you glad you did it , has it worked for you and yours ? Sorry to go on a bit gremmie but sometimes i start worrying if we are doing the right thing . Thanks for your help
Old Apr 18th 2011, 5:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

sounds like the firm i work for then. Either that or you have to have blue eyes and a brown tongue. I work hard here and i know that when we move to Canada its not going to be easy for a while but can driving trucks in Canada earn you a good living like we are told , i know like anywhere you have to be willing to work hard to get what you want and im not afraid to do that but sometimes you read some posts on b/e and you wonder why youre bothering. Dont get me wrong i know some people just moan for the sake of it and some people dont like the fact that youre doing something to help yourself and are quite happy to just sit there and carry on moaning , ive read a few of the trucking forums to notice that most truck drivers the world over are moaning old gits (at least some things never change ) but as someone who has made the change are you glad you did it , has it worked for you and yours ? Sorry to go on a bit gremmie but sometimes i start worrying if we are doing the right thing . Thanks for your help
Yes its worked for me pretty good to be honest, and for others that come on here too. The ones that usually fail are those that firstly cant/wont accept the way of working here, paid per mile etc. If you think you can come here and change the Canadian Transport Industry then forget it others have failed before you misserably. The Ontario economy is picking up so jobs should be easier to get than last few years.You may have to be ready to be away from home for up to 14 days, or you might get lucky and get a company that gets you home every week good luck and dont worry so much.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 6:03 pm
forever blowing bubbles

Yes its worked for me pretty good to be honest, and for others that come on here too. The ones that usually fail are those that firstly cant/wont accept the way of working here, paid per mile etc. If you think you can come here and change the Canadian Transport Industry then forget it others have failed before you misserably. The Ontario economy is picking up so jobs should be easier to get than last few years.You may have to be ready to be away from home for up to 14 days, or you might get lucky and get a company that gets you home every week good luck and dont worry so much.
when i spoke to challenger they said that most of their drivers get at least 1 night a week at home. I asked them about doing 10 days away and having 3 - 4 days off they said it Shouldnt be a problem. I know i Shouldnt worry but you know how it is anyway thanks for your help gremmie and i shall plough through the websites you gave me when i get home on Friday. Ive read some of your posts before and i hope you recover from your heart probs soon and get well . Thanks alot
Old Apr 19th 2011, 1:46 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

It worked for me also,as the Honourable Gremmie has said,come here and accept the way trucking works .Don't believe a word any prospective employer says until you're actually here and have the ability to choose.You can make good money driving,just got to be a bit savvy regards the sort of work you want.
Having said that ,Canada rocks
Old Apr 19th 2011, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
It worked for me also,as the Honourable Gremmie has said,come here and accept the way trucking works .Don't believe a word any prospective employer says until you're actually here and have the ability to choose.You can make good money driving,just got to be a bit savvy regards the sort of work you want.
Having said that ,Canada rocks
Just waiting for the BT's & MFlyns of the web to chime in and tell how bad it is for the "meat in the seat" etc.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Just so long as that freak from Winnipeg stays away!!
Old Apr 19th 2011, 2:52 pm
forever blowing bubbles

Just waiting for the BT's & MFlyns of the web to chime in and tell how bad it is for the "meat in the seat" etc.
is That the same bt who reckons he earns £45 k working 4on 4 off ? Plus he get bank holidays off too ? Only firm i know that gives you b/h off when you only work 4 days. I bet our 4/4 drivers wished they got that. Actually thinking about it if its true f@#k Canada Ireland here i come.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 3:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

is That the same bt who reckons he earns £45 k working 4on 4 off ? Plus he get bank holidays off too ? Only firm i know that gives you b/h off when you only work 4 days. I bet our 4/4 drivers wished they got that. Actually thinking about it if its true f@#k Canada Ireland here i come.
Thats the one " Been there and done it all BT" "Mr. 4on4off45K " A modern day working class hero and role model for all
Old Apr 19th 2011, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Read my post, I said I can have the PUBLIC HOLIDAYS off if I so chose but mostly I work some of them because I earn double time@ £36/hour and get my mileage paid to drive to and from work on PH!!!!!

I don't give two balls of blue if you believe what I earn or not but it is true 4on/4off
£45750gross this tax year 31/3/11.

Living the "lifestyle" of 10/14 days away in a truck not for me as I've said MANY times before.
No doubt you can make good money OTR but I make good money and home to see my kids and have good home cooked food and sleep in my own bed every night or day!!!!

Yes KB33 I know you can do the same.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Thats the one " Been there and done it all BT" "Mr. 4on4off45K " A modern day working class hero and role model for all
Go on Gremmie tell your new mate(you don't have that many!!!) how long you have DRIVEN OTR in Canada and how much you know being a "desk jockey" full time?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know FULL WELL that drivers coming from the UK are "meat in the seat" for the usual suspects and nothing more.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Big Truck
Go on Gremmie tell your new mate(you don't have that many!!!) how long you have DRIVEN OTR in Canada and how much you know being a "desk jockey" full time?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know FULL WELL that drivers coming from the UK are "meat in the seat" for the usual suspects and nothing more.
I have plenty off friends thank you and a new puppy The only "meat in the seat" drivers I know get what they deserve, the descent drivers make a good living. And yes I'm desk bound, where's the stigma in that and I know way more than I am at liberty to say on here to the likes of you. So please keep you 45k and poke it up your worthless ill in formed paddy arse

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.