Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

A few pictures for the guys coming over to work for Loblaws this year.

A few pictures for the guys coming over to work for Loblaws this year.

Old May 20th 2012, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

wire is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A few pictures for the guys coming over to work for Loblaws this year.

I do not not know what the job will be like but that new Regina site is certainly something to behold. Absolutely massive with loads of space to manoeuvre so getting used to long wheelbase trucks and trailers should be easy. Until you get to the delivery points of course.
I do not know what Loblaws are like to work for but I can say that the people who work at the Regina site seem cheerfull enough.
Old May 21st 2012, 3:57 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A few pictures for the guys coming over to work for Loblaws this year.

Great pic of THE bend on TC1
Old May 21st 2012, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

wire is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A few pictures for the guys coming over to work for Loblaws this year.

Yeah I tried to get include the interesting part. Lol.
Old May 25th 2012, 4:43 am
BE Enthusiast

dave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud of

hope they don't miss their turn.
Attached Thumbnails A few pictures for the guys coming over to work for Loblaws this year.-img_0444%5B1%5D.jpg   A few pictures for the guys coming over to work for Loblaws this year.-img_0445%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old May 27th 2012, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

Chicken lights and chrome is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by dave_lol66
hope they don't miss their turn.
$18 an hour???

But......the recruiter said $23
Old May 28th 2012, 1:57 am
Just Joined

snowstorm is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't usually get involved in this sort of thing. However....
$18 converted at todays rate is £11.19.
$23 converts to £14.29.
I actually consider that to be a decent rate in the UK. Without any BS, how many of you actually earn that? I sure don't. However I am not driving a truck at this time. The whole package has to be looked at I believe & then ask the questions you need to ask. Mainly, can I have a better quality of life on this wage because at the end of the day thats what we all aspire to is it not?
Old May 28th 2012, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by snowstorm
I don't usually get involved in this sort of thing. However....
$18 converted at todays rate is £11.19.
$23 converts to £14.29.
I actually consider that to be a decent rate in the UK. Without any BS, how many of you actually earn that? I sure don't. However I am not driving a truck at this time. The whole package has to be looked at I believe & then ask the questions you need to ask. Mainly, can I have a better quality of life on this wage because at the end of the day thats what we all aspire to is it not?
The exchange rate is not a useful comparison as you'll be paying your bills in Canadian Dollars

Will that rate of $18ph give you a better life? That depends what you're leaving behind. If the question is will that money allow you a high standard of living, then the answer is NO, unless you work a lot of hours and most would agree that if you work too many hours that is not a quality life
Old May 28th 2012, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

As above,never convert the rates because you are also spending $CDN,BTW even 23/hr is pretty dismal.
On the brief topic of upsetting posters,I saw what looked suspiciously like 361 heading back East on Saturday morning pulling a deck,freakin upset or what ,coffee all over the dashboard.Something you"re not telling us Mr Journo ?
Old May 28th 2012, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
As above,never convert the rates because you are also spending $CDN,BTW even 23/hr is pretty dismal.
On the brief topic of upsetting posters,I saw what looked suspiciously like 361 heading back East on Saturday morning pulling a deck,freakin upset or what ,coffee all over the dashboard.Something you"re not telling us Mr Journo ?
Flatdecks?.....Me?......Wash your mouth out

I was on my way back from Indy on Saturday with a reefer trailer, so must be an imposter with the cabriolet trailer
Old May 28th 2012, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Chicken lights and chrome
Flatdecks?.....Me?......Wash your mouth out

I was on my way back from Indy on Saturday with a reefer trailer, so must be an imposter with the cabriolet trailer
LOL,deffo Black dinosaur with chrome effect bird nailed on the hood
Old May 28th 2012, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

LOL,deffo Black dinosaur with chrome effect bird nailed on the hood
Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery
Old Jun 1st 2012, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

Did I read right somewhere that Loblaws have recruited 280 Irish drivers, can someone provide a link to the info if so please?
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 1:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mickfly
Did I read right somewhere that Loblaws have recruited 280 Irish drivers, can someone provide a link to the info if so please?
No you didn't.Loblaws have limiters.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 6:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

No you didn't.Loblaws have limiters.
A new store, Murphys Magnet Emporium has just opened in Regina.
Old Jun 9th 2012, 2:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

$23 ph sounds pretty low especialy as you have to live in Regina ( it smells how it sounds)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.