Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

F*** Me an sensible thread - Digi Logbooks

F*** Me an sensible thread - Digi Logbooks

Old Nov 29th 2010, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

hughes3005 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: F*** Me an sensible thread - Digi Logbooks

Originally Posted by bobthedog
At least, then, there would be one person on the site that could make sense of what you are saying....
Well just like your posts Bob,aaayy bob.just like your/you/it/thing.Object
Old Nov 29th 2010, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: F*** Me an sensible thread - Digi Logbooks

Originally Posted by hughes3005
Well just like your posts Bob,aaayy bob.just like your/you/it/thing.Object
You must be smoking some really good weed man
Old Nov 29th 2010, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

beer:
Originally Posted by Gremmie
You must be smoking some really good weed man
Greemie you are so fast i can smell the rubber from here and you get paid so much money for this blog,WOW $300.000 .
You are hot. i should make my escape whilst i can?
Old Nov 29th 2010, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

Quick every one the adverts have gone to Australia.the "New truckers dream" unions Rule"YES"
Vote Australia for trucking Canada is a Scam!!!!
Old Nov 29th 2010, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

bobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura about

Do you really actually think about what you post, Huey? I can't see that you do.

We don't need to be paid at all.. See, we are all filthy rich and only work for the joy of it. And Gremmie and I both get paid $20000000000000 a word for our blogs...

By the way, that is called sarcasm....
Old Nov 30th 2010, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future

If you ask me all that tachographs / Ebooks do is make more truck traffic and a need for more drivers as said in earlier posts, on the other hand i liked tacho's as they gave me a more day to day feel to the job rather than you having to bend a little. Why should truckers live any different from jo blogs who works in a factory 9 to 5. We should be able to live on the road as you would back home,and get paid by the hour at a decent rate. Not so true now back in the UK with the truck traffic as the economy is total negative so less traffic but i remeber driving to Maidstone from Sutton in Ashfield on the M1 and at 90Kph and it was one lane of trucks, 2nd lane of trucks and cars, and the suicide lane full of cars 3feet apart. all good fun thou. They will come, Midland have them on trial in some fleet trucks and we run legal but it will hit your pocket in the end if they dont change to pay by the hour.

Loafy...
Old Nov 30th 2010, 3:12 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Please take on board Mitzyboy's post in this thread yesterday, otherwise I will have to close yet another thread.

Thanks
Old Nov 30th 2010, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
Hi All,

Please take on board Mitzyboy's post in this thread yesterday, otherwise I will have to close yet another thread.

Thanks
Well aren't you just the little Thread closer , why not just block Hughes posts, so that those of us that do know what we are talking about can continue our debate on Electronic Logs please.

Cmon Sue admit it you like it when us truckers get a bit rowdy
Old Nov 30th 2010, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

I have been driving trucks for twenty plus years now and driven both sides of the Atlantic and a lot of Europe. E logbooks will end being paid by mileage or the long all truck driver will not be able to earn a decent wage.
The Trans Canadian Trucking industry can fill there trucks with cheap labour for the next few years until compelled by legislation to change what is i believe to be Very bad working practice chipping away at the drivers wages.
Bully boy tactics endemic in truck driving Canada.
And you Bully's can call "me" what you like.you show your selves for what you are"Bullies" Through and through.
Me i am on the side of the driver.if you cant treat drivers equally shut the PNP program down it as hurt a lot of gullible families and they have lost £££££$$$$$
Old Nov 30th 2010, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=hughes3005;9013052]I have been driving trucks for twenty plus years now and driven both sides of the Atlantic and a lot of Europe. E logbooks will end being paid by mileage or the long all truck driver will not be able to earn a decent wage.
The Trans Canadian Trucking industry can fill there trucks with cheap labour for the next few years until compelled by legislation to change what is i believe to be Very bad working practice chipping away at the drivers wages.
And you Bully's can call "me" what you like.you show your selves for what you are"Bullies" Through and through.
Me i am on the side of the driver.if you cant treat drivers equally shut the PNP program down it as hurt a lot of gullible families and they have lost £££££$$$$$[/QUOTE

I have been driving trucks for twenty plus years now and driven both sides of the Atlantic and a lot of Europe. E logbooks will end being paid by mileage or the long all truck driver will not be able to earn a decent wage.*
So what is your point, E logs are a good thing or not ???
Acourding to you truckers dont earn a decent wage now, so surely a change from $per mile to hourly would be a good thing !
20 years driving but only 5 months in North America which made you an expert
So you are on the side of the driver ?? Ok and which side is that ?? why shut down an immigration system just because you could not make it work for you oh gullible one, why did you not report these hidious employers that took advantage of such an experienced driver to the PNP. Surley they would have listened to You
Old Nov 30th 2010, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Gremmie;9013121]
I have been driving trucks for twenty plus years now and driven both sides of the Atlantic and a lot of Europe. E logbooks will end being paid by mileage or the long all truck driver will not be able to earn a decent wage.
Me i am on the side of the driver.if you cant treat drivers equally shut the PNP program down it as hurt a lot of gullible families and they have lost £££££$$$$$[/QUOTE

I have been driving trucks for twenty plus years now and driven both sides of the Atlantic and a lot of Europe. E logbooks will end being paid by mileage or the long all truck driver will not be able to earn a decent wage.*
So what is your point, E logs are a good thing or not ???
Acourding to you truckers dont earn a decent wage now, so surely a change from $per mile to hourly would be a good thing !
20 years driving but only 5 months in North America which made you an expert
So you are on the side of the driver ?? Ok and which side is that ?? why shut down an immigration system just because you could not make it work for you oh gullible one, why did you not report these hidious employers that took advantage of such an experienced driver to the PNP. Surley they would have listened to You
Gremmie
As a professional driver you are required to know All the rules and regulations.
Gremmie as a professional driver you are required to know All the rules and regulations.
Gremmie In our life time we have never been monitored like we are today,even in a counrty as huge as North America technology monitors a Trucks movements down to gear changes, engine revs and how heavy you apply your breaks, speed and distance.
you are require stop at scales from state to state for D.O.T inspections.ect,ect,ect
Gremmie you and others had only one year driving North America! and afterwards you become a Professional sales person and dispatcher.
So when in your own eyes do you know when to make the right decision the year you collected all the information or the time you spend in Canada talking to other drivers of there experiences and how to make sure you dont fall foul of bad regulation or bad company policy.
If i took all day trying to explain to you i would not get through to you because i dont fit into your agenda.
And to Finnish gremmie you never stop learning you cant know every thing you can do only your best.I could have made it work for me but was the grass any greener on the other side? for me No for others Yes.
i have only said for people to be careful when making the decision to work and live in Canada.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 7:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=hughes3005;9013303]
Gremmie
As a professional driver you are required to know All the rules and regulations.
Gremmie as a professional driver you are required to know All the rules and regulations.
Gremmie In our life time we have never been monitored like we are today,even in a counrty as huge as North America technology monitors a Trucks movements down to gear changes, engine revs and how heavy you apply your breaks, speed and distance.
you are require stop at scales from state to state for D.O.T inspections.ect,ect,ect
Gremmie you and others had only one year driving North America! and afterwards you become a Professional sales person and dispatcher.
So when in your own eyes do you know when to make the right decision the year you collected all the information or the time you spend in Canada talking to other drivers of there experiences and how to make sure you dont fall foul of bad regulation or bad company policy.
If i took all day trying to explain to you i would not get through to you because i dont fit into your agenda.
And to Finnish gremmie you never stop learning you cant know every thing you can do only your best.I could have made it work for me but was the grass any greener on the other side? for me No for others Yes.
i have only said for people to be careful when making the decision to work and live in Canada.
I wish just for once you would answer a direct question , instead of writting mindless drivel.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Gremmie;9013308]

I wish just for once you would answer a direct question , instead of writting mindless drivel.
You need Antidepressants and Therapy.Here is a starter.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=hughes3005;9013340]

You need Antidepressants and Therapy.Here is a starter.
I dont drink
Old Nov 30th 2010, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

bobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura about

You know something, you have just said the first intelligent thing...

Maybe you could have made it work for you.. Personally, I don't think you would have ever fit in to the way things work here,(no, I am not having a dig, you are not unique in not wanting to work like they expect here) and that explains why you like the idea of E logs..

When I am away at work, I simply want to work and then go home. If, like today, I get a dose of delhi belly, I want to be able to sort myself out and still do the work. If, like today, the weather is bad, I still want to work.

I dislike the whole idea, not because I am lawless, but because I want to work. I hate sitting around. If you think that makes me a bad person or foolish then that is up to you. I have worked this way all my life, and I want to be able to continue.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.