British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Trucking (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/)
-   -   F*** Me an sensible thread - Digi Logbooks (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/f%2A%2A%2A-me-sensible-thread-digi-logbooks-694432/)

bobthedog Nov 29th 2010 5:02 am

Re: F*** Me an sensible thread - Digi Logbooks

For you? No, the miles would not be possible because you were clearly hopeless from the start.

That's why you are still a trunk driver or local shop boy. You didn't make the grade.

hughes3005 Nov 29th 2010 5:28 am

Originally Posted by bobthedog (Post 9009643)
For you? No, the miles would not be possible because you were clearly hopeless from the start.

That's why you are still a trunk driver or local shop boy. You didn't make the grade.

Robadog
You have refused me :embarrassed_smile:onec again i put my faith in another canadian Looser.
anyway your mucker gremmie will be in the office soon another great Canadian trucker and laptop extraordinaire.sales team leader rising to the top ranks of King backstabber of the year and you robdog want is/his poison trophy:thumbsup:.
Unpaid is what your waiting time is...Wupppsss sorry you get $25 for a Saturday or Sunday DayNnight/nite...Not $25 an hour but $25 for the full day.14hours "None Stop" driving should get you 1250 km....at least you can cat nap and keep the wheels turning thanks to Canadian Gov.Trucking Canada is a Scam,Scam,Scam:eek:

bobthedog Nov 29th 2010 5:43 am

I reckon you are way beyond weird, to be honest.

Seems odd that you seem convinced that I don't get paid waiting time, because I do get paid it. I also get paid layover, paid excess miles, paid city hours... You seem so sure of yourself, but they do say that the mad people do not realise they are completely barking...

I do know Gremmie. I think I last saw him in July of 2009 when he came to visit me while I was recovering from my accident. In all honesty, I have not known him to be a backstabber- anything but, really. I think he is a genuine person who had some crappy luck but has continued to make the best of it and has emerged on the other side. He didn't even create his bad luck, but was the recipient of someone elses stupidity.

Now you, on the other hand, created your own situation, and it wasn't bad luck, it was simply that you were not good enough.

You probably were only planning to drive until you got PR then move on to safer territory... like shelf stacking in Sobeys..

hughes3005 Nov 29th 2010 5:54 am

Originally Posted by bobthedog (Post 9009706)
I reckon you are way beyond weird, to be honest.

Seems odd that you seem convinced that I don't get paid waiting time, because I do get paid it. I also get paid layover, paid excess miles, paid city hours... You seem so sure of yourself, but they do say that the mad people do not realise they are completely barking...

I do know Gremmie. I think I last saw him in July of 2009 when he came to visit me while I was recovering from my accident. In all honesty, I have not known him to be a backstabber- anything but, really. I think he is a genuine person who had some crappy luck but has continued to make the best of it and has emerged on the other side. He didn't even create his bad luck, but was the recipient of someone elses stupidity.

Now you, on the other hand, created your own situation, and it wasn't bad luck, it was simply that you were not good enough.

You probably were only planning to drive until you got PR then move on to safer territory... like shelf stacking in Sobeys..

DaftBob
Both of you had an accident and accidents by there very nature a preventable but try and stop some one/thing that is devious that is not preventable.
You Bob are a first class arse.:thumbsup:

bobthedog Nov 29th 2010 6:00 am

Mine was, without a shadow of a doubt, my own fault. I openly admit that I did cause it myself. Gremmies would only have been prevented if the driver had not been drunk or had been stopped and arrested beforehand.

My accident, so you know, was with an ATV, which is mine and which I get time to ride, and which I can afford to have and run..

If I am an arse, then I would imagine you are on the opposite side....:rofl::rofl:

hughes3005 Nov 29th 2010 6:56 am

Originally Posted by bobthedog (Post 9009738)
Mine was, without a shadow of a doubt, my own fault. I openly admit that I did cause it myself. Gremmies would only have been prevented if the driver had not been drunk or had been stopped and arrested beforehand.

My accident, so you know, was with an ATV, which is mine and which I get time to ride, and which I can afford to have and run..

If I am an arse, then I would imagine you are on the opposite side....:rofl::rofl:

That bob is the first time you have said some thing funny:thumbup:
You all here on this forum the usual no all f all make Good Nazi's.
I intended to put one post here on this forum and because i said the Truth you pounce on me like "Wolfs".i dont mind giving you some stick you pathetic animals:ohmy:
Maybe you idiots had cognitive brain/Brian problems when you had your Misfortunes....You F8@king Looser parasites.LMFHO:thumbsup:

bobthedog Nov 29th 2010 7:11 am

I think you were trying to say that you told the truth and we attacked you.. Is that right?

Maybe you should take a little more water with it, or maybe you should wait until your Ritalin has started working before you post, then we may understand you better..

Anyway, your first post was something like "Canada is crap, Canadian firms are crap, you will need a million dollars to be able to afford a loaf of bread" or along those lines.

Hardly the truth, is it? And more to the point, the OP (Original Poster, cos I know you are too dumb to figure it out) happens to have worked here before, gone back to the UK for personal reasons and is coming back again.. He knows better than to listen to F/Bs like yourself....

bobthedog Nov 29th 2010 7:14 am

By the way, it should read "wolves" and loser is with a single S...

And do you really think you are giving us "stick"?

You have to be joking, surely? I wouldn't give up your day job if you are.. It is only funny in a pathetic "dead dog" sort of way. SNL material you are not...

Mitzyboy Nov 29th 2010 7:15 am

Steady now guys :)

hughes3005 Nov 29th 2010 7:15 am

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC (Post 8997183)
As we have had such utter drivel on here recently thought we might discuss something sort of to do with trucking...:ohmy:

Electronic Logbooks - Yukk or no Yukk

I believe the US have passed legislation in regards to implementing these but can see sometime before it meets total approval of various organisations therefore has anyone got points of view on them, companies using them, what you think, software to aid the use of them, costs of implementation.... ????

Just general chit chat or info.....

DAVIS-oncrac
I say the E logbooks could be Good for the driver but bad for the wages.
And what Various organisations do you mean? Government or The Trucking federation that was part drawn up by the assistance of Ralph Boyd recruiter extraordinaire" of AYR Motor Express.
The trucking Industry is a Scam North American style it is controlled by Nutters that see Greed and $$$$$$$ nothing Human about them.
(SNIP)

bobthedog Nov 29th 2010 7:23 am

You say it, but we all know better.

Oh you say a lot, but did you ever go quiet after a Mod showed up.. So the past 4 pages of you having a go are supposed to be forgotten?

When you can prove anything you say, I will happily forget the nonsense.

hughes3005 Nov 29th 2010 7:38 am

All i say is when going to Canada as a Truck driver air on the side of caution.you are failing the Drivers that want to go there with Rose tinted Glasses Cargomatic style"Disney on ICE".
Davie mac i have just had my post adjusted.do not get personal on family you have been Asked politely....:huh:

bobthedog Nov 29th 2010 7:47 am

So now there is a hint of rationale in you, answer me this. How, after five years, having seen my wife treated for Cancer, having lost both my parents, having been almost killed in an accident, can I possibly be looking at things through rose tinted specs?

I say it as it is for me. I tell people what things are like here for me and for those I know well. I do not paint a rosy picture. If you were to look at my sites you would see that I am as honest as I can be.

Never, in all my years on forums, have I ever resorted to the kind of vitriole that you are using, and I have been infuriated by some things I have seen on the various forums. You, by comparison to the other people that I have been prepared to go to the mats with, are really a lightweight because you simply do not know what you are talking about.

Mitzyboy Nov 29th 2010 7:48 am

Originally Posted by hughes3005 (Post 9009870)
All i say is when going to Canada as a Truck driver air on the side of caution.you are failing the Drivers that want to go there with Rose tinted Glasses Cargomatic style"Disney on ICE".
Davie mac i have just had my post adjusted.do not get personal on family you have been Asked politely....:huh:

And I'm asking politely for no one to get personal about anything. You're all smart enough to discuss this is an intelligent way .... as an ex transport & shipping company owner, digital logs / tachographs were something I took a great interest in, as tachos were a necessary pain in the butt!

bobthedog Nov 29th 2010 7:59 am

The trouble with E logs, Mitzy, is that North America will wriggle about it, but some firms will adopt them wholeheartedly which will undermine others.

All those who say it will push shippers into sorting things in a timely manner are simply deluded.. same as they were when Tachos were introduced. All it does is inconvenience and confuse. And you have to remember that the EU was not as it now is when the tacho was introduced. There are no border queues anymore, so all the tacho does there is pile more onto the driver. The E logs will do the same thing to North America.

Things work well enough as they are. Too many constraints are the death knell for this industry, wherever it happens to be.

Mitzyboy Nov 29th 2010 8:29 am

Originally Posted by bobthedog (Post 9009899)
The trouble with E logs, Mitzy, is that North America will wriggle about it, but some firms will adopt them wholeheartedly which will undermine others.

All those who say it will push shippers into sorting things in a timely manner are simply deluded.. same as they were when Tachos were introduced. All it does is inconvenience and confuse. And you have to remember that the EU was not as it now is when the tacho was introduced. There are no border queues anymore, so all the tacho does there is pile more onto the driver. The E logs will do the same thing to North America.

Things work well enough as they are. Too many constraints are the death knell for this industry, wherever it happens to be.

It will only work if it is universal. Yes, as someone who had to employ a CPC holder to look after the legalities, it causes grief. We had drivers an hour away from us, but they had to night out because they had no hours left. Then we had to pay extra for people to come in early to load / offload the vehicle, which made the following day deliveries late.

I guess in theory it stopped the stupidy of some of the hours some drivers drove. However, it was fairly simple to fiddle the tachos, and didnt stop those that were hell bent on getting home!!

Big Truck Nov 29th 2010 9:08 am

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC (Post 9009443)

:)

I want you to notice
when I'm not around
You're so f******' special
I wish I was special

But I'm a creep
I'm a weirdo
What the hell am I doin' here?
I don't belong here

I don't belong here................

:rofl::D:p

Davie,

Did you watch the UK X Factor on Sat night?!!!!!!!!!:rofl:
Vagner is GOD:D and that numpty Louis Walsh said Thom Yorke(Radiohead) would be proud!!!!!!!!!:eek:

DAVIE_MAC Nov 29th 2010 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by Big Truck (Post 9010002)
Davie,

Did you watch the UK X Factor on Sat night?!!!!!!!!!:rofl:
Vagner is GOD:D and that numpty Louis Walsh said Thom Yorke(Radiohead) would be proud!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Ha Ha Yeh... fitted in quite well didnt it to this thread.

It's Wagner....for PM.

:rofl:

hughes3005 Nov 29th 2010 6:35 pm

Perhaps i should have 2 accounts then i could answer and reply to me,myself and I.!!:rofl:

bobthedog Nov 29th 2010 6:38 pm

At least, then, there would be one person on the site that could make sense of what you are saying....

hughes3005 Nov 29th 2010 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by bobthedog (Post 9010965)
At least, then, there would be one person on the site that could make sense of what you are saying....

Well just like your posts Bob,aaayy bob.just like your/you/it/thing.Object:huh:

Gremmie Nov 29th 2010 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by hughes3005 (Post 9011273)
Well just like your posts Bob,aaayy bob.just like your/you/it/thing.Object:huh:

You must be smoking some really good weed man :blink::eek:

hughes3005 Nov 29th 2010 9:50 pm

beer::beer::beer:

Originally Posted by Gremmie (Post 9011308)
You must be smoking some really good weed man :blink::eek:

Greemie you are so fast i can smell the rubber from here and you get paid so much money for this blog,WOW $300.000 .
You are hot. i should make my escape whilst i can?:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

hughes3005 Nov 29th 2010 9:54 pm

Quick every one the adverts have gone to Australia.the "New truckers dream" unions Rule"YES":rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Vote Australia for trucking Canada is a Scam!!!!

bobthedog Nov 29th 2010 10:04 pm

Do you really actually think about what you post, Huey? I can't see that you do.

We don't need to be paid at all.. See, we are all filthy rich and only work for the joy of it. And Gremmie and I both get paid $20000000000000 a word for our blogs...
:rofl::rofl:

By the way, that is called sarcasm....:lol:

loafy Nov 30th 2010 12:23 pm

If you ask me all that tachographs / Ebooks do is make more truck traffic and a need for more drivers as said in earlier posts, on the other hand i liked tacho's as they gave me a more day to day feel to the job rather than you having to bend a little. Why should truckers live any different from jo blogs who works in a factory 9 to 5. We should be able to live on the road as you would back home,and get paid by the hour at a decent rate. Not so true now back in the UK with the truck traffic as the economy is total negative so less traffic but i remeber driving to Maidstone from Sutton in Ashfield on the M1 and at 90Kph and it was one lane of trucks, 2nd lane of trucks and cars, and the suicide lane full of cars 3feet apart. all good fun thou. They will come, Midland have them on trial in some fleet trucks and we run legal but it will hit your pocket in the end if they dont change to pay by the hour.

Loafy...:thumbsup:

Sue Nov 30th 2010 3:12 pm

Hi All,

Please take on board Mitzyboy's post in this thread yesterday, otherwise I will have to close yet another thread.

Thanks

Gremmie Nov 30th 2010 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by Sue (Post 9012815)
Hi All,

Please take on board Mitzyboy's post in this thread yesterday, otherwise I will have to close yet another thread.

Thanks

Well aren't you just the little Thread closer :thumbdown:, why not just block Hughes posts, so that those of us that do know what we are talking about can continue our debate on Electronic Logs please.:wub:

Cmon Sue admit it you like it when us truckers get a bit rowdy:p:p

hughes3005 Nov 30th 2010 5:33 pm

I have been driving trucks for twenty plus years now and driven both sides of the Atlantic and a lot of Europe. E logbooks will end being paid by mileage or the long all truck driver will not be able to earn a decent wage.
The Trans Canadian Trucking industry can fill there trucks with cheap labour for the next few years until compelled by legislation to change what is i believe to be Very bad working practice chipping away at the drivers wages.
Bully boy tactics endemic in truck driving Canada.
And you Bully's can call "me" what you like.:thumbsup:you show your selves for what you are"Bullies" Through and through.
Me i am on the side of the driver.if you cant treat drivers equally shut the PNP program down it as hurt a lot of gullible families and they have lost £££££$$$$$

Gremmie Nov 30th 2010 6:15 pm

[QUOTE=hughes3005;9013052]I have been driving trucks for twenty plus years now and driven both sides of the Atlantic and a lot of Europe. E logbooks will end being paid by mileage or the long all truck driver will not be able to earn a decent wage.
The Trans Canadian Trucking industry can fill there trucks with cheap labour for the next few years until compelled by legislation to change what is i believe to be Very bad working practice chipping away at the drivers wages.
And you Bully's can call "me" what you like.:thumbsup:you show your selves for what you are"Bullies" Through and through.
Me i am on the side of the driver.if you cant treat drivers equally shut the PNP program down it as hurt a lot of gullible families and they have lost £££££$$$$$[/QUOTE

I have been driving trucks for twenty plus years now and driven both sides of the Atlantic and a lot of Europe. E logbooks will end being paid by mileage or the long all truck driver will not be able to earn a decent wage.*
So what is your point, E logs are a good thing or not ???
Acourding to you truckers dont earn a decent wage now, so surely a change from $per mile to hourly would be a good thing !
20 years driving but only 5 months in North America which made you an expert:rofl:
So you are on the side of the driver ?? Ok and which side is that ?? why shut down an immigration system just because you could not make it work for you oh gullible one, why did you not report these hidious employers that took advantage of such an experienced driver to the PNP. Surley they would have listened to You:blink:

hughes3005 Nov 30th 2010 7:56 pm

[QUOTE=Gremmie;9013121]

Originally Posted by hughes3005 (Post 9013052)
I have been driving trucks for twenty plus years now and driven both sides of the Atlantic and a lot of Europe. E logbooks will end being paid by mileage or the long all truck driver will not be able to earn a decent wage.
Me i am on the side of the driver.if you cant treat drivers equally shut the PNP program down it as hurt a lot of gullible families and they have lost £££££$$$$$[/QUOTE

I have been driving trucks for twenty plus years now and driven both sides of the Atlantic and a lot of Europe. E logbooks will end being paid by mileage or the long all truck driver will not be able to earn a decent wage.*
So what is your point, E logs are a good thing or not ???
Acourding to you truckers dont earn a decent wage now, so surely a change from $per mile to hourly would be a good thing !
20 years driving but only 5 months in North America which made you an expert:rofl:
So you are on the side of the driver ?? Ok and which side is that ?? why shut down an immigration system just because you could not make it work for you oh gullible one, why did you not report these hidious employers that took advantage of such an experienced driver to the PNP. Surley they would have listened to You:blink:

Gremmie
As a professional driver you are required to know All the rules and regulations.
Gremmie as a professional driver you are required to know All the rules and regulations.
Gremmie In our life time we have never been monitored like we are today,even in a counrty as huge as North America technology monitors a Trucks movements down to gear changes, engine revs and how heavy you apply your breaks, speed and distance.
you are require stop at scales from state to state for D.O.T inspections.ect,ect,ect
Gremmie you and others had only one year driving North America! and afterwards you become a Professional sales person and dispatcher.
So when in your own eyes do you know when to make the right decision the year you collected all the information or the time you spend in Canada talking to other drivers of there experiences and how to make sure you dont fall foul of bad regulation or bad company policy.
If i took all day trying to explain to you i would not get through to you because i dont fit into your agenda.
And to Finnish gremmie you never stop learning you cant know every thing you can do only your best.I could have made it work for me but was the grass any greener on the other side? for me No for others Yes.
i have only said for people to be careful when making the decision to work and live in Canada.

Gremmie Nov 30th 2010 7:59 pm

[QUOTE=hughes3005;9013303]

Originally Posted by Gremmie (Post 9013121)
Gremmie
As a professional driver you are required to know All the rules and regulations.
Gremmie as a professional driver you are required to know All the rules and regulations.
Gremmie In our life time we have never been monitored like we are today,even in a counrty as huge as North America technology monitors a Trucks movements down to gear changes, engine revs and how heavy you apply your breaks, speed and distance.
you are require stop at scales from state to state for D.O.T inspections.ect,ect,ect
Gremmie you and others had only one year driving North America! and afterwards you become a Professional sales person and dispatcher.
So when in your own eyes do you know when to make the right decision the year you collected all the information or the time you spend in Canada talking to other drivers of there experiences and how to make sure you dont fall foul of bad regulation or bad company policy.
If i took all day trying to explain to you i would not get through to you because i dont fit into your agenda.
And to Finnish gremmie you never stop learning you cant know every thing you can do only your best.I could have made it work for me but was the grass any greener on the other side? for me No for others Yes.
i have only said for people to be careful when making the decision to work and live in Canada.

I wish just for once you would answer a direct question , instead of writting mindless drivel.:thumbdown::thumbdown:

hughes3005 Nov 30th 2010 8:23 pm

[QUOTE=Gremmie;9013308]

Originally Posted by hughes3005 (Post 9013303)

I wish just for once you would answer a direct question , instead of writting mindless drivel.:thumbdown::thumbdown:

You need Antidepressants and Therapy.:beer:Here is a starter.

Gremmie Nov 30th 2010 9:16 pm

[QUOTE=hughes3005;9013340]

Originally Posted by Gremmie (Post 9013308)

You need Antidepressants and Therapy.:beer:Here is a starter.

I dont drink

bobthedog Nov 30th 2010 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by hughes3005 (Post 9013303)

You know something, you have just said the first intelligent thing...

Maybe you could have made it work for you.. Personally, I don't think you would have ever fit in to the way things work here,(no, I am not having a dig, you are not unique in not wanting to work like they expect here) and that explains why you like the idea of E logs..

When I am away at work, I simply want to work and then go home. If, like today, I get a dose of delhi belly, I want to be able to sort myself out and still do the work. If, like today, the weather is bad, I still want to work.

I dislike the whole idea, not because I am lawless, but because I want to work. I hate sitting around. If you think that makes me a bad person or foolish then that is up to you. I have worked this way all my life, and I want to be able to continue.

flat to the mat Dec 1st 2010 4:48 am

Totally understand what you're saying BTD,and we've had it easy with log books since coming here,but changes are afoot.Like it or not,but e-logs WILL be mandatory within the next 3/4 years.I would like to think it''ll change the shippers/companies attitude about letting drivers sit unpaid whilst loading etc,going to be a sticky to begin with,but when said people realise their loads can't arrive on time then maybe attitudes will change.
I was personally very pleased when the HOS rules changed in 07(?),got rid of the early delivery,sit all day then run all night scenario.Atleast nowadays you have the 14/16 hour window to do your days work in.
Whether or not the pay structure changes,not so sure.The industry will probably be down on it's knees before somebody has a "eureka" moment and decides to pay drivers for hours worked,think positive because it might actually happen.
Tin hat time,I'm paid by the hour/day,not required to run a log,and am home every night where I spend my time looking for those elusive flying pigs which are supposedly native of this region.;)

Chicken lights and chrome Dec 1st 2010 7:04 am

The e log is on its way, that's for sure, I doubt it will make any difference to my job whatsoever, proper planning prevents piss poor performance:thumbup:

Oh and Hughes3005, grow up, your incorrect assumptions are becoming rather tedious now, so you failed, you're not the first, many people don't have what it takes, no need for you to devote all your free time to vitriolic outbursts which mark you down as a silly little man who is bitter and twisted beyond the point of rational thought, some of us actually made the grade, we enjoy our lives here and have made a successful integration into our new communities, don't let your own inadequacies become your nemesis:frown:

Mitzyboy Dec 1st 2010 9:07 am

Well ... if the personal exchanges dont stop then I'm closing the thread, which is a shame because its an important issue.
Last warning ... sorry

Gremmie Dec 2nd 2010 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 9014360)
Well ... if the personal exchanges dont stop then I'm closing the thread, which is a shame because its an important issue.
Last warning ... sorry

Then we will start a new thread and not invite you and Hughes so their:p:rofl::p

Mitzyboy Dec 2nd 2010 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by Gremmie (Post 9017176)
Then we will start a new thread and not invite you and Hughes so their:p:rofl::p

Sorry .... I am everywhere :D