Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

F*** Me an sensible thread - Digi Logbooks

F*** Me an sensible thread - Digi Logbooks

Old Dec 1st 2010, 4:48 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: F*** Me an sensible thread - Digi Logbooks

Totally understand what you're saying BTD,and we've had it easy with log books since coming here,but changes are afoot.Like it or not,but e-logs WILL be mandatory within the next 3/4 years.I would like to think it''ll change the shippers/companies attitude about letting drivers sit unpaid whilst loading etc,going to be a sticky to begin with,but when said people realise their loads can't arrive on time then maybe attitudes will change.
I was personally very pleased when the HOS rules changed in 07(?),got rid of the early delivery,sit all day then run all night scenario.Atleast nowadays you have the 14/16 hour window to do your days work in.
Whether or not the pay structure changes,not so sure.The industry will probably be down on it's knees before somebody has a "eureka" moment and decides to pay drivers for hours worked,think positive because it might actually happen.
Tin hat time,I'm paid by the hour/day,not required to run a log,and am home every night where I spend my time looking for those elusive flying pigs which are supposedly native of this region.
Old Dec 1st 2010, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

Chicken lights and chrome is on a distinguished road

The e log is on its way, that's for sure, I doubt it will make any difference to my job whatsoever, proper planning prevents piss poor performance

Oh and Hughes3005, grow up, your incorrect assumptions are becoming rather tedious now, so you failed, you're not the first, many people don't have what it takes, no need for you to devote all your free time to vitriolic outbursts which mark you down as a silly little man who is bitter and twisted beyond the point of rational thought, some of us actually made the grade, we enjoy our lives here and have made a successful integration into our new communities, don't let your own inadequacies become your nemesis
Old Dec 1st 2010, 9:07 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Well ... if the personal exchanges dont stop then I'm closing the thread, which is a shame because its an important issue.
Last warning ... sorry
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 3:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Well ... if the personal exchanges dont stop then I'm closing the thread, which is a shame because its an important issue.
Last warning ... sorry
Then we will start a new thread and not invite you and Hughes so their
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 4:16 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Then we will start a new thread and not invite you and Hughes so their
Sorry .... I am everywhere
Old Dec 4th 2010, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

cargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nice

Originally Posted by hughes3005
All i say is when going to Canada as a Truck driver air on the side of caution.you are failing the Drivers that want to go there with Rose tinted Glasses Cargomatic style"Disney on ICE".
Davie mac i have just had my post adjusted.do not get personal on family you have been Asked politely....
I tell it as it is Mate, I dont Rose nothing up
Old Dec 5th 2010, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

rivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nice

One more thing i did, drove 11 hrs 3 mins one day and got a written warning letter for being 3 mins over drive time. I argued that doing paper logs it would not be violation, they said were on e-logs now so i said that's a choice you people made, they're not mandatory, we could still use paper logs and i'd be ok. Anyway, they ended up saying it was just company policy but it pissed me off they made a fuss over 3 minutes.

Charles
Old Dec 14th 2010, 2:09 am
Forum Regular

HeadingNorth is an unknown quantity at this point

We're due to start Elogs at Westcan in January-5 lease ops have already left as they don't like the idea.
The drivers trialing them haven't been that keen either.
I left Europe to get away from all that crap and now it's following us over here-if they become law I guess the driver shortage will get a lot worse.
Let's see which company can pay the most to keep the few drivers in the industry left!
Old Dec 14th 2010, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HeadingNorth
We're due to start Elogs at Westcan in January-5 lease ops have already left as they don't like the idea.
The drivers trialing them haven't been that keen either.
I left Europe to get away from all that crap and now it's following us over here-if they become law I guess the driver shortage will get a lot worse.
Let's see which company can pay the most to keep the few drivers in the industry left!
Heard the same 30 years ago when Tachos hit the UK, I think every one is just brewing a storm in a tea cup over this.
Old Dec 15th 2010, 1:56 am
Forum Regular

bobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura about

I am not so sure, Gremmie. I think that we have moved here to get away from that sort of thing. I think we will all be considering changes if it becomes enforced.

I know I will be.
Old Dec 15th 2010, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

Chicken lights and chrome is on a distinguished road

I heard a news story today that the Mississippi DOT now have weigh in motion sensors and number plate and DOT number readers at scale houses and on roads that are used to bypass scales, they're operational 24/7, it's a trial at the moment, but if it's successful, i.e. it makes them money, many other states will adopt it, the outlaw's day's are numbered it would seem
Old Dec 15th 2010, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

bobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura about

We shall all be running for Mexico then.....

Leaving our cheat sheets at the scales...
Old Dec 16th 2010, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Chicken lights and chrome
I heard a news story today that the Mississippi DOT now have weigh in motion sensors and number plate and DOT number readers at scale houses and on roads that are used to bypass scales, they're operational 24/7, it's a trial at the moment, but if it's successful, i.e. it makes them money, many other states will adopt it, the outlaw's day's are numbered it would seem
Those things have been in service arround Chicagoe & Saint Louis for some while i thought...

i really cant understand the fear Elogs evokes in some of you. I know 100% sure if i was still on the road i would welcome them. The guys that should fear them are the dispatchers
Old Dec 16th 2010, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

Maybe its because they are finally admitting they must cheat to get by in north america, and by taking that ablility away they wont make enough to earn a decent living? .....

*stir's pot*
Old Dec 17th 2010, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by CurtNIR
Maybe its because they are finally admitting they must cheat to get by in north america, and by taking that ablility away they wont make enough to earn a decent living? .....

*stir's pot*
Sorry to spoil your pot srirring but elogs wont affect the drivers income, if a driver earns $4000 now he wont work for less with elogs but his productivity and efficiancy will change.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.