Exchanging licences

Old Jan 6th 2009, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all
Default Re: Exchanging licences

Originally Posted by dinger24
Ha Ha I cant believe your in Beverley - I think I did my driving test there about 20yr ago!
Small world, this truck is the exact unit I took my license in, in 1974, friend was searching on the net and found a link from the Alice Springs Truck Show.

And who knows what kind of Gearbox this one has???????

Old Jan 6th 2009, 7:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigwheels241
Small world, this truck is the exact unit I took my license in, in 1974, friend was searching on the net and found a link from the Alice Springs Truck Show.

And who knows what kind of Gearbox this one has???????

http://www.tnn.co.uk/BigLorryBlog/pl.../Image00037040

And who realy cares
Old Jan 6th 2009, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Gremmie
And who realy cares
hahaha you Easy Rider / Suicide Ex Army Jockeys have had life too easy.

Funny how your interested in the contact details in the other post, but then again, ................do have them.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigwheels241
hahaha you Easy Rider / Suicide Ex Army Jockeys have had life too easy.

Funny how your interested in the contact details in the other post, but then again, ................do have them.
Are you on drugs me ex army i couldnt give a monkeys where you go to work, coz to be honest,you said the same last year and didnt follow through
Old Jan 6th 2009, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

you said the same last year and didnt follow through
Don't blame me on that - the other 1/2's fault she wanted to stay here till the boy was settled........anyway.......enjoy ....I get a just reading your latest blog.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

coritani is an unknown quantity at this point

Ha Ha I cant believe your in Beverley - I think I did my driving test there about 20yr ago!
I'm over the river near Barton. Its just easier going to Beverley than it is Lincoln.

Just got an email back from the dvla and they said to just send in a D1 application along with my Canadian licence on return to the UK to be re-issued with a UK licence. They did not state that I would get my full British licence back though with all categories. Looks like a trip to Beverley after all.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Thats the dodgy bit! Getting the full cats back on return should you decide to return, not that that is my intention, and probably not the rest of the guys on here either.
As for the Gearbox in the 1974 thingy almost guaranteed that it is not the same one you used in 74, by the way that was the same year I started school
As for the Army thing - sticks and stones mate I have don a lot more and seen alot more than most people my age so no regrets, and just for good measure I get a bloody pension at 40
Old Jan 7th 2009, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Thats the dodgy bit! Getting the full cats back on return should you decide to return, not that that is my intention, and probably not the rest of the guys on here either.
As for the Gearbox in the 1974 thingy almost guaranteed that it is not the same one you used in 74, by the way that was the same year I started school
As for the Army thing - sticks and stones mate I have don a lot more and seen alot more than most people my age so no regrets, and just for good measure I get a bloody pension at 40
Well those were the good old days and the box was this example:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rp24McCvsCs
Old Jan 7th 2009, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

I went to the dvla offices in Beverley today and got no answers at all, they all said they had no idea what the score was and just told me to ring Swansea. I rang Swansea and they assured me several times that I or anyone else will get their original licence back and there is no time limit, only that if I'm over 45 when I return I'll have to have the medical. The guy said that I'm not changing a Canadian licence for a British one, I'm applying for my own British licence and simply handing in the Canadian one so that I dont hold two at the same time. Just have to take his word on it, nothing else we can really do.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

People have mentioned about applying for a replacement licence prior to departure for Canada. See below from the DVLA leaflet and therefore the question is:

"Which one would you hand into the Canadians?"
Attached Thumbnails Exchanging licences-dvla.jpg  
Old Apr 1st 2009, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
People have mentioned about applying for a replacement licence prior to departure for Canada. See below from the DVLA leaflet and therefore the question is:

"Which one would you hand into the Canadians?"
I dont suppose the Canadians would know that the old one is no longer valid, but I'd like to know what would happen once they send it back to Swansea (if they do). Would the DVLA then reply to them to say the licence is not valid? If so, that would no doubt cause a lot of problems too.

I wonder if this DVLA abstract would constitute proof of categories held, in the same way as actually having the original licence does?
Old Apr 1st 2009, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by coritani
I dont suppose the Canadians would know that the old one is no longer valid, but I'd like to know what would happen once they send it back to Swansea (if they do). Would the DVLA then reply to them to say the licence is not valid? If so, that would no doubt cause a lot of problems too.

I wonder if this DVLA abstract would constitute proof of categories held, in the same way as actually having the original licence does?
Only thing I could think of is hand in the new valid one and keep the old one as a record to prove what classes you had prior to leaving the UK as I think this proof is what most people are looking for....

or is it and does anyone else have anything to add.

TA
Old Apr 1st 2009, 3:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Only thing I could think of is hand in the new valid one and keep the old one as a record to prove what classes you had prior to leaving the UK as I think this proof is what most people are looking for....

or is it and does anyone else have anything to add.

TA
What was the original question coz i dont understand what all the proof is for
Old Apr 1st 2009, 3:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

What was the original question coz i dont understand what all the proof is for
Can't remember if it was on this thread but I think it was....somewhere.

People mentioned that when they arrived in Canada (& some other countries) they have to surrender their UK licenece for a Canadian one. Some have returned to the UK - for whatever reasons - and when they have applied to DVLA for their UK licence again X amount of years later some of their classes - mainly the HGV ones - were missing from their licence.

Then it was down to them to prove they actualy had those classes on the licence when they originaly left the UK which for some has been a major battle with DVLA.

Then if your over 45 on return you have to pay for and have a medical to regain the HGV classes.

I think that was the main gist of things.

Old Apr 1st 2009, 3:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Can't remember if it was on this thread but I think it was....somewhere.

People mentioned that when they arrived in Canada (& some other countries) they have to surrender their UK licenece for a Canadian one. Some have returned to the UK - for whatever reasons - and when they have applied to DVLA for their UK licence again X amount of years later some of their classes - mainly the HGV ones - were missing from their licence.

Then it was down to them to prove they actualy had those classes on the licence when they originaly left the UK which for some has been a major battle with DVLA.

Then if your over 45 on return you have to pay for and have a medical to regain the HGV classes.

I think that was the main gist of things.

Well thats simple enough,,, 1. dont go back or 2 take a foto copy of your licence at your local lawyer or notary,,get the thing notorised

See job done, problem solved, Gremmie saves the day again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.