driving wages always low.

Old Aug 6th 2007, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future
Default Re: driving wages always low.

You have only been truck driving in Canada 5 months yet you are already an O/O?
Well they do say there's one born every minute!!!
Do you lease your truck from the company or a truck dealer?
If from the company you are just "renting" the truck to make a wage as a "lease operator" NOT an O/O.
Only $500/week fuel? Truck does 5.5 to 6mpg at $2000/month fuel expenses you will run out around the second week!!
I thought all insurance in Canada was expensive, but your getting the truck/a load of expensive tires and public liability all covered for $550/month?
I take it the following expenses come FREE:
The trailer you are pulling,
Truck tires,
Truck servicing.

You say "WE" a couple of times in your last post,is this a team operation?

P.S. I double dare you to post your figures on the "owner operator" forum over at www.trucknet.com and see if those guys who have been O/O's for decades in N.America come up with the "glossy" net figures you do!!!!
Old Aug 6th 2007, 11:21 am
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=Big Truck;5153728]You have only been truck driving in Canada 5 months yet you are already an O/O? Yes
Well they do say there's one born every minute!!! Jealous?
Do you lease your truck from the company or a truck dealer? Pacclease (who own Peterbilt and Kenworth)
If from the company you are just "renting" the truck to make a wage as a "lease operator" NOT an O/O. No difference other than the lease payment.
Only $500/week fuel? Truck does 5.5 to 6mpg at $2000/month fuel expenses you will run out around the second week!! truck does 7/8 mpg I thought all insurance in Canada was expensive, but your getting the truck/a load of expensive tires and public liability all covered for $550/month? $0.055 per mile ($550 minimum) please read the whole thread properly.
I take it the following expenses come FREE:
The trailer you are pulling, Yes, absolutely free, they belong to the Co. i run for
Truck tires, Yes, part of the lease deal
Truck servicing. yes, part of the lease deal

You say "WE" a couple of times in your last post,is this a team operation? Solo, if you read properly then you will see that "we" referred to drivers in general.

P.S. I double dare you to post your figures on the "owner operator" forum over at www.trucknet.com and see if those guys who have been O/O's for decades in N.America come up with the "glossy" net figures you do!!!! So childish, i don't need to, i posted these figures for the benefit of BE's not some hypocritical bunch of whingers so wrapped up in there "big rigs" that they can't get a life.
I don't know what your problem is with someone making a sucsess in trucking but i post here for the benefit of others and as a certain NB resident says "i tell it like it is"
If you don't like what people write, don't try to start an argument, just stop reading the thread.
Don't bother to come back with some smart-arsed comment because in nearly 3 yrs on this forum, you are the 1st to give me a chance to use the ignore button, in addition, i will stop reading this thread now but i will still be happy to answer questions from genuine interested drivers through PM's

Andy

Last edited by andy_sheila; Aug 6th 2007 at 11:28 am.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Ignore button or not,
that now sounds like a real good gig you have,if I'm honest a little too good to be true in MY opinion and I can't understand why there aren't more "established" O/O's lining up to sign up for the power only work,
best of luck with it anyway.
Old Aug 7th 2007, 12:32 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Truck
Ignore button or not,
that now sounds like a real good gig you have,if I'm honest a little too good to be true in MY opinion and I can't understand why there aren't more "established" O/O's lining up to sign up for the power only work,
best of luck with it anyway.
Thanks, i didn't get round to the ignore button and i won't now, i have given the facts as they apply to me, you can believe them or not. all i was trying to show was that not all truck drivers are paupers working all the hours god sends.

Best of luck to you in whatever you do/are doing.
Andy