driving miss canadian

Old Jan 28th 2009, 8:45 am
Just Joined

marc 2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default driving miss canadian

hi there new to the site so welcome everybody, thinking about going to canada to be a trucker 14 years exp do i really need to go through an agent to get there or is there a much easier way to do it. vrv global are advertising at the moment for drivers at h&r any news would be fantastic cheers all.:thumb sup:
Old Jan 28th 2009, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

didster7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: driving miss canadian

you do not need to go through an agent, look at the must read at the top of the forum list and you will find out about the immigration system.

H&R, you have to go through VRV to get the job ( which H&R pay for).

when you go for permanent residence you could do it yourself or go through an agent which you have to pay.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 10:30 am
Just Joined

where is that i dont seem to have it on my screen
Old Jan 28th 2009, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by marc 2
where is that i dont seem to have it on my screen
the link doesnt seem to be working try this link
http://www.canadianimmigrationstation.com/
Old Jan 28th 2009, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

cheers for that buddy i found it in the end , good read i must admit but its 50/50 so i really am none the wiser, i guess its just a suck it and see scenario.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

i have got a job offer and not used an agent, so far it has cost me £35 and roughly $300 when i get there.

as for PR i might use a agent as i will be living in a truck working away all the time. i believe the agent just tells you what paper work and forms to get and sign. if agent does it i will not miss signing anything or get the wrong forms etc. when it comes to doing PR i could have learnt more by then, so agent or do it myself we will see when time comes.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by didster7
i have got a job offer and not used an agent, so far it has cost me £35 and roughly $300 when i get there.

as for PR i might use a agent as i will be living in a truck working away all the time. i believe the agent just tells you what paper work and forms to get and sign. if agent does it i will not miss signing anything or get the wrong forms etc. when it comes to doing PR i could have learnt more by then, so agent or do it myself we will see when time comes.
This reply is the most sensible that I have read in a long time on the Trucking forum 10/10 for common sense.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bigwheels241
This reply is the most sensible that I have read in a long time on the Trucking forum 10/10 for common sense.
well thank you very much, it doesnt happen very often but it just goes to show there is something between my ears
Old Jan 29th 2009, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by didster7
well thank you very much, it doesnt happen very often but it just goes to show there is something between my ears
Not a case of NIL between ears it is taking into account and reading what many say on this forum site and that you dont have to pay massive £££ of hard earned to gain a job via those agents, you proved it, if you do a little leg work and reading with a few questions to those who understand obtaing whats out there is easy, so thats why I 100% support your actions.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marc 2
hi there new to the site so welcome everybody, thinking about going to canada to be a trucker 14 years exp do i really need to go through an agent to get there or is there a much easier way to do it. vrv global are advertising at the moment for drivers at h&r any news would be fantastic cheers all.:thumb sup:

Those agency firms are just the same agency firms everywhere, they take huge amounts of your money to do what you could do for a fraction of the cost, they just want to make as much money out of your lack of knowledge as they can.
Research everything yourself and find comanies that really want hire you, they will not send you to any agancy.
It acn be the difference between hundreds and thousands of dollars.