Driving jobs in Canada

Old Nov 2nd 2008, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Driving jobs in Canada

Well I guess so I have seen Rigid trucking companies. You need to view the links in the Blue bit at the top this will give you the info you need.
So Class 2 is now Cat C in the new licence (well they have been on the go for a few years now so not really new)
Old Nov 8th 2008, 5:04 pm
Just Joined

Popeyee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by oilsands
Thought I would post this in case anyone was looking for info regarding driving jobs - Bus and Coach:

Fort Mcmurray - Day shifts (Home every night) - 3-4 hour morning run and 3-4 hour afternoon run.

Will train to get licence.

Guaranteed $210.00 per day. Working 24 days on, 4 off, but plenty of overtime if wanted.

In addition, every drivers receives a Fort Mcmurray Living Allowance of $1050.00 per month

In total that equates to around $70-80k per year without OT. Some of the top seniority drivers are on $100-$130k per year.

PM me if you would like any details.
Hi I would be very grateful if you could pass on any info.
I am very interested in finding driving work in Canada. I have bus & truck licence. At the moment I am driving passenger bus in Denmark. I am a Brit who's tired of Denmark.

Popeye
Old Nov 14th 2008, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

shedlock2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Driving jobs in Canada

Originally Posted by bigwheels241
All that $$$$ sounds too good to be true, but thats my view, still Iam no coach captain, I hate passangers
Same here! I dont mind cattle as the conversation can be quite interesting at times.... but not people! they whine too much!LOL
Old Nov 14th 2008, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Lads
The original poster on here (Oilsands) hasnt posted since May, so I do not think you will recieve an answer on this one. Try reading the must read at the top of the page (the blue area)
Also you will find loads of info on this forum and the wiki.
Happy hunting!
Old Nov 14th 2008, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

shedlock2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Driving jobs in Canada

Originally Posted by dazbobaby
I've not read any of the responces, so forgive me if I screw it up
I've heard many rumours of Fort McMurry regarding living quarters and living expenses. Sure it sounds like a lot of money, and for anywhere else in Alberta it's excellent, but seeing as there's a huge quantity of money being banded around, living expenses go through the roof, (locals charge what the want for goods and services).
Please tell me I've been talking to the wrong people - Brother-in-law and my sister in Edmonton, who have been there for 3 years.
Dude,... theres lots of people inquired at the gold streets of Fort mac, from our place, when they eventually get fed up of them messing you around. I am no expert, but from what i am reliably informed from the very many people i have spoke to and delt with, fort mac is a den of eniquaty (spelt wrong, but you get the jist) and an expencive one at that. I have a friend who pays over $1000pw for his bord at a hotel/motel and this is not covering his food and stuff. he has now bought a trailer to tow behind his truck, as the living costs are so great, even with the big money he is on, hes not left with any more than someone flipping burgers at A and W! He works on the lines and wells, and runs a three week on, one of rota. But he does spend 3 days out of his wek off traveling back to pincher creek and back. Fort mac is cold and in the middle of nowhere!

Just to mention, though im sure its only in some circles, and in the camps theres quite a drug and alcohol issue too. I have a friend who had to leave the area, due to its out reaching influence, and she managed a dennys or something!

In fairness though, im sure the latter is entirelyin some social circles only.

Hope this is of some use?
Old Dec 4th 2008, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

badly is an unknown quantity at this point

Thought I would post this in case anyone was looking for info regarding driving jobs - Bus and Coach:

Fort Mcmurray - Day shifts (Home every night) - 3-4 hour morning run and 3-4 hour afternoon run.

Guaranteed $210.00 per day. Working 24 days on, 4 off, but plenty of overtime if wanted.

In addition, every drivers receives a Fort Mcmurray Living Allowance of $1050.00 per month

In total that equates to around $70-80k per year without OT. Some of the top seniority drivers are on $100-$130k per year.

hey pal,im scottish back in scotland for now.im a delivery driver,7.5 tonnes.always liked the idea of moving to canada,my dad was born near Montreal and i still have his birth certificate.i'd be really grateful if u could give me any pointers at all to finding a driving job to come to.even if that means sitting my coach license,look forward to any reply,thanks for your time
cheers
Ed
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 9:04 am
Just Joined

ricadi is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=oilsands;5990845]Thought I would post this in case anyone was looking for info regarding driving jobs - Bus and Coach:

Hi
Have you got any contact details for this. Can I rent accomodation? many thanks
Ric
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

mcurtis_1999 is an unknown quantity at this point

It is through a Company called Diversified who are actually based up at Fort McMurray - I wouldn't hold out for this one though, I contacted them by telephone after not hearing anything back after several emails shortly after Oilsands advertised the job and spoke to, from what I can gather, is their HR/Ops guy who as soon as I said I was intending to move to Canada informed me that they "were not hiring any foreign drivers".

But who knows.... maybe things have changed
Old Feb 16th 2009, 12:13 pm
Just Joined

dtr74x is a jewel in the roughdtr74x is a jewel in the roughdtr74x is a jewel in the roughdtr74x is a jewel in the roughdtr74x is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Driving jobs in Canada

please give me details of this job as i am very interested in this job

thanks dave
Old Feb 16th 2009, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

mcurtis_1999 is an unknown quantity at this point

They are above.......
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 11:23 am
Just Joined

trucker7 is an unknown quantity at this point

yes i would be very interested in this job i have been a class 1 driver for twenty years now and i want a change andy.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by trucker7
yes i would be very interested in this job i have been a class 1 driver for twenty years now and i want a change andy.
I have a feeling that seeing as this job was posted over a year ago it might just have gone by now....

....but you never know eh..
Old Mar 5th 2009, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
I have a feeling that seeing as this job was posted over a year ago it might just have gone by now....

....but you never know eh..
Oh bum why did you tell them, i realy enjoyed reading some of the begging letters
Old Mar 5th 2009, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Oh bum why did you tell them, i realy enjoyed reading some of the begging letters

Shhhhh

coz I am applying there.....

So I would appreciate any information on this job please.

I can drive trucks and buses and motorbikes and tanks and forklifts and the misses round the bend.

any help is thank you'd in advace of my getting jorb.

Last edited by DAVIE_MAC; Mar 5th 2009 at 8:50 pm.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
Shhhhh

coz I am applying there.....

So I would appreciate any information on this job please.

I can drive trucks and buses and motorbikes and tanks and forklifts and the misses round the bend.

any help is thank you'd in advace of my getting jorb.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.