British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Trucking (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/)
-   -   Driving jobs in Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/driving-jobs-canada-517636/)

ronis sister Jul 11th 2008 2:46 pm

Re: Driving jobs in Canada

[QUOTE=vickysteve;6559111]

Originally Posted by ronis sister (Post 6553596)

I'm really pleased that you don't have to charge people...I wish we had deep enough pockets to do that but everything costs money! If we didn't charge people we couldn't afford to keep the web site running, we couldn't afford to spend days running people around town, printing costs, postage costs, basic equipment loan, home deposit loan etc.. We have never had any complaints about the amount we charge, we are told all the time what a fantastic service we provide.

Sorry Vicky did not mean any disrespect, but to me, helping another Brit to settle here is a pleasure, if I can make their arrival less stressful than our's was I will, I cannot put a price on peace of mind for these families and to me the small amount of money I spend is worth it, I can understand why you charge but it is like putting a price on friendship, Anyway well done for your help for the new guy's

pippin13 Jul 17th 2008 7:35 am

Originally Posted by bigwheels241 (Post 6401169)
Have a UK driver who wants to apply......sent you a PM

could you please e-mail me details about this job, who i can contact etc...
I've been a coach driver for 15 years in the uk and europe.

many thanks [email protected]

tonyrleach Sep 2nd 2008 1:32 pm

IM also looking for bus/coach work in Canada
I have Full PCV Licence and a CPC holder.
Any info would be great.

Thanks

Tony

[email protected]

scaniajzo Sep 7th 2008 6:37 pm

[QUOTE=ronis sister;6560593]

Originally Posted by vickysteve (Post 6559111)
Sorry Vicky did not mean any disrespect, but to me, helping another Brit to settle here is a pleasure, if I can make their arrival less stressful than our's was I will, I cannot put a price on peace of mind for these families and to me the small amount of money I spend is worth it, I can understand why you charge but it is like putting a price on friendship, Anyway well done for your help for the new guy's

Hi ya ronis sister !!!!

I guess you have been asked this a million times but my wife and son are now ready to commit ourselfs to living in the beautifull country aka CANADA !

We havw now sold our house in the uk and are presently living in our caravan .... which is cool but its now time to kick ourselfs up the arse and start living instead of dreaming.

I am 40 years old have held my lgv class one for 13 years, my wifes 31 who is a nursery nurse and my sons 9.

Any info you have as i spent some time researching RJ Hoffmans but they seem to have dissapeared !!.... Have you heard of a company called SIEMANS ????

any way any information greatly recieved,

IVOR & SHARON

ronis sister Sep 7th 2008 8:25 pm

[QUOTE=scaniajzo;6759140]

Originally Posted by ronis sister (Post 6560593)
Hi ya ronis sister !!!!

I guess you have been asked this a million times but my wife and son are now ready to commit ourselfs to living in the beautifull country aka CANADA !

We havw now sold our house in the uk and are presently living in our caravan .... which is cool but its now time to kick ourselfs up the arse and start living instead of dreaming.

I am 40 years old have held my lgv class one for 13 years, my wifes 31 who is a nursery nurse and my sons 9.

Any info you have as i spent some time researching RJ Hoffmans but they seem to have dissapeared !!.... Have you heard of a company called SIEMANS ????

any way any information greatly recieved,

IVOR & SHARON

Siemans is a big company, don't know any one who works for them, you will hear good and bad about all companies depends on the person youare talking to, moving to Canada is about being prepared, make sure you ain't got your rose tinted glasses on, it's not all plain sailing and can be stressful, whatever money you think you need bring more!!!!

scaniajzo Sep 7th 2008 8:38 pm

[QUOTE=ronis sister;6759355]

Originally Posted by scaniajzo (Post 6759140)
Siemans is a big company, don't know any one who works for them, you will hear good and bad about all companies depends on the person youare talking to, moving to Canada is about being prepared, make sure you ain't got your rose tinted glasses on, it's not all plain sailing and can be stressful, whatever money you think you need bring more!!!!

so a ball park figure just to survive for say 6 months would be ???

cheers IVOR

dazbobaby Sep 7th 2008 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by oilsands (Post 5990845)
Thought I would post this in case anyone was looking for info regarding driving jobs - Bus and Coach:

Fort Mcmurray - Day shifts (Home every night) - 3-4 hour morning run and 3-4 hour afternoon run.

Will train to get licence.

Guaranteed $210.00 per day. Working 24 days on, 4 off, but plenty of overtime if wanted.

In addition, every drivers receives a Fort Mcmurray Living Allowance of $1050.00 per month

In total that equates to around $70-80k per year without OT. Some of the top seniority drivers are on $100-$130k per year.

PM me if you would like any details.

I've not read any of the responces, so forgive me if I screw it up :eek:
I've heard many rumours of Fort McMurry regarding living quarters and living expenses. Sure it sounds like a lot of money, and for anywhere else in Alberta it's excellent, but seeing as there's a huge quantity of money being banded around, living expenses go through the roof, (locals charge what the want for goods and services).
Please tell me I've been talking to the wrong people - Brother-in-law and my sister in Edmonton, who have been there for 3 years.

daral lewis Sep 12th 2008 3:38 pm

hi there i live in wales in uk and would like to move to canda and work there i currently have a truck driving license and the job you posted i was very interested in please could u send me details if i can apply for this and am eligible or for anything else thankyou
daral lewis

matt_trombley Sep 22nd 2008 1:41 am

To whom it may concern:

My name is Matt Trombley. I am a 25 years old with no ties (wife, kids) who is looking of a change in work location. effective: immediatley

I have been working as a sub-contractor for 2 1/2 years for a delivery service know as Kyte Delivery located in the Comox Valley, B.C.

Basic Duties involve transporting goods such as : food, smokes, beer, flowers, car parts, ect (basically anything and everything) through-out the community.

I enjoy driving very much and currently work on average between 90-100+ hours per week. I do not mind working long hours.

Please respond back if interested

thank you for your time,

mt

daral lewis Sep 24th 2008 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by oilsands (Post 5990845)
Thought I would post this in case anyone was looking for info regarding driving jobs - Bus and Coach:

Fort Mcmurray - Day shifts (Home every night) - 3-4 hour morning run and 3-4 hour afternoon run.

Will train to get licence.

Guaranteed $210.00 per day. Working 24 days on, 4 off, but plenty of overtime if wanted.

In addition, every drivers receives a Fort Mcmurray Living Allowance of $1050.00 per month

In total that equates to around $70-80k per year without OT. Some of the top seniority drivers are on $100-$130k per year.

PM me if you would like any details.

hi would like to apply for this job my email address is [email protected]

steve1717 Oct 7th 2008 4:34 pm

Sounds a nice little job ..is it as easy as just going there ..can we just exchange our hgv licenses.for canadien ..i dont want to move permanently but a year or two would be nice

bigwheels241 Oct 7th 2008 10:06 pm

Oilsands hasnt been on-line for a long time - pointless posting in this post....

The oilsands original posters public timeline is:

Last Activity: May 30th 2008 6:21 pm

Tomcatvf84 Nov 2nd 2008 6:56 pm

Hi all, I've just read through this post and can't find the answer I want. Can anyone tell me if there is work in Canada for Class 2 drivers?, and what sort of pay rate I can expect?. The driving market in the UK is dead at the moment, most of the work is going to eurpean drivers who have moved into the uk, thus all the agency's are paying basic rate.

dinger24 Nov 2nd 2008 7:28 pm

Hi
Your looking for Class 2 driving jobs? to be honest I cant remember what class 2 is, is it upto 7.5 T with no trailer? I think that in European talk is Cat C?
Any way you need to read the bit at the top in reference to the Must read trucking thread. The blue background bit.
I am pretty sure that most provinces in Canada are looking for Class 1 (C+E)

Tomcatvf84 Nov 2nd 2008 7:38 pm

No class 2 is rigid, I've just given up driving an 18t recover truck.