Dream Still Alive

Old Jul 3rd 2013, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Dream Still Alive

Originally Posted by perkinsgap
I have been in Canada 9yrs lived in sk, mb bc, and ab even went back to U.K. for 12weeks and trust me it didnt cost me 25k to come out here if it was me I would move to sk to get PR once that's done you can go anywhere you like I now live in Kimberley bc I own my own truck and love it my wife and kids love it here to it not easy but worth the trouble for sure
So happy for you, it seems all your hard work over the years has paid off.

How do you find living in BC. It's always been our first choice but never an option until now. We have had a few emails back expressing interest in my husband, which made my day as I was expecting to wait weeks or not hear anything at all.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

Red1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dream Still Alive

Hi Karla03

My husband & I first came over in 2010 after just 6 months planning. Up ship & came with very little and our 7 yr old son at the time. We stayed until July 2011 and decided for personal reasons to return to the UK. Some parts had to do with Canada too. However it soon dawned on us that we had made a mistake but just seemed to drift along back in the UK and back to the life we planned to escape.

Then last year we decided, what the heck, lets go back. So we did!! Not alot of people get one chance of coming here but we got 2. We have spent as you can imagine thousands of pounds & dollars on the moves in the space of just under 3 years! but hey whats money.

I know alot of people question whether living in canada is any different then the UK.. well no its not if you let it. We found life here more relaxed, stress free, and more free in the sense of space, home life & the conditions we live in. Not being able to get credit until PR is great in my eyes as what we want we have to pay for or wait.. no chance of running up debt. (not to say you cant get credit, just harder to)

Come with a positive mind, live the life YOU & your family want and you can;t go much wrong. It is hard however being a truckers wife, having no support network, but for me so far all worth it, and more so 2nd time round.

You will get lots of negative people saying it will cost this and that, don't do it, but for each move we never had more then £15k, and we never left the first time for money reasons/problems and so far all good. I know of some families that have experienced problems with income but don't know why & would not want to speculate the reasons either. This is our personal experience and lucky for us we have managed to budget & save while here.

Good luck to you and your family.

Last edited by Red1974; Jul 22nd 2013 at 10:56 pm.