Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

correct airbrake video for Alberta????

correct airbrake video for Alberta????

Old Jun 20th 2014, 11:15 am
Flying Scotsman

Slippy will become famous soon enoughSlippy will become famous soon enough
Default correct airbrake video for Alberta????

Hi there folks, sorry not been on here for a while but i'm revising for my tests next week!!!! Yip the time has flown in, i'm heading over this Thursday to start my training in Lethbridge for my new job with H&R i've been watching loads of videos on you tube about this airbrake test and its slowly but surely sinking in lol BUT there are soooooo many videos and almost everyone is different (WTF) does anyone out there know the best one for me to watch??? Some dont chock the wheels others do, some do the incab inspections in the middle of the airbrake test others dont, some put the seat belt on immediately some dont aaaaaaaarrrrrrrggggggghhhhhh sounds like the sunscreen song hahahah any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated, if the hair on my head wasnt shaved i'd have pulled it all out by now!!!!!
Old Jun 20th 2014, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

grant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nice
Default Re: correct airbrake video for Alberta????

Originally Posted by Slippy
Hi there folks, sorry not been on here for a while but i'm revising for my tests next week!!!! Yip the time has flown in, i'm heading over this Thursday to start my training in Lethbridge for my new job with H&R i've been watching loads of videos on you tube about this airbrake test and its slowly but surely sinking in lol BUT there are soooooo many videos and almost everyone is different (WTF) does anyone out there know the best one for me to watch??? Some dont chock the wheels others do, some do the incab inspections in the middle of the airbrake test others dont, some put the seat belt on immediately some dont aaaaaaaarrrrrrrggggggghhhhhh sounds like the sunscreen song hahahah any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated, if the hair on my head wasnt shaved i'd have pulled it all out by now!!!!!
hi slippy, I cant help you with the videos but I was interested to know why you chose hit and run considering the not so nice comments that have been put on here. a friend of a friend has just gone over with them and has just done a mentor round trip from lethbridge to California and seems very happy with them. Im getting the impression they are good if you want to get the miles in and are single, what's your opinion?
Old Jun 20th 2014, 3:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Your instructor will show you the correct way , the way the examiners want to see it done . Don't worry over it .
Old Jun 20th 2014, 5:47 pm
Flying Scotsman

Hey Grant, never been one to listen to others, would rather witness it for myself buddy, I've heard equally good and bad things about H&R but hey they've taken me on and paid my flights so I'll go and give it a bash, find out for myself. I've heard there are a lot worse out there and the good thing about working out of MB after 6 months if the company aren't very good to work for you just move onto another company with LMO's but in Alberta ya canny do that. I'm not one for giving up though, they have given me a chance so I'll stay loyal unless it's horrendously bad then you gotta do what gotta do!!! There trucks are pretty new the people in human resources are brilliant so I think I'll get on just dandy. Ya canny afford to be picky bud just take what comes up yer other option is to fly over for a few weeks (recce) and go a hunting but I've looked into that and it requires ALOT of planning mate and expense. So grab what ya can duuude.
Old Jun 20th 2014, 5:51 pm
Flying Scotsman

Cheers flat to the mat, was just trying to jam as much in as possible cos a couple of guys I know have just been through it one of which failed it!!! So I'm getting a bit sweaty over it lol
Old Jun 20th 2014, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

grant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nice

Hey Grant, never been one to listen to others, would rather witness it for myself buddy, I've heard equally good and bad things about H&R but hey they've taken me on and paid my flights so I'll go and give it a bash, find out for myself. I've heard there are a lot worse out there and the good thing about working out of MB after 6 months if the company aren't very good to work for you just move onto another company with LMO's but in Alberta ya canny do that. I'm not one for giving up though, they have given me a chance so I'll stay loyal unless it's horrendously bad then you gotta do what gotta do!!! There trucks are pretty new the people in human resources are brilliant so I think I'll get on just dandy. Ya canny afford to be picky bud just take what comes up yer other option is to fly over for a few weeks (recce) and go a hunting but I've looked into that and it requires ALOT of planning mate and expense. So grab what ya can duuude.
yer I make you right about the listening to others, im not a sheep im a free man haven't they by law gotta pay for your flights and accommodation anyway? I fancy mb myself aswell because of the que in alberta at the mo to get your pr. and I think a lot of it is to do with your attitude to adapting to the Canadian way, if you go over there with the attitude im English and we do it like this your not gonna get very far lol well I hope it all goes well for you and who knows might bump into you next year.
Old Jun 20th 2014, 6:02 pm
Flying Scotsman

Yeh defo mate it's there way or the plane home way lol cheers buddy I'll give it my best, I've got some useful contacts if you want to PM me at a later date? Good luck dude.
Old Jun 20th 2014, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

Yeh defo mate it's there way or the plane home way lol cheers buddy I'll give it my best, I've got some useful contacts if you want to PM me at a later date? Good luck dude.
Ok cool I'll keep that in mind thanks
Old Jun 22nd 2014, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Why are you watching videos ??? I thought you've never been one to listen to others, would rather witness it for myself so which is it
Old Jun 22nd 2014, 11:59 pm
Flying Scotsman

Whit???? Gremmie wtf are you on duuuude!!!! These videos are suppose to be educational, when I say I don't listen to others I mean I don't listen to shit talk from people like you duh!!! Who's being thick now goodbuddy??? I know your statement states " I speak my mind, if you don't like it don't read it" well get the f**k off my thread cos I don't want to read your sh*t!!! Ok duuuude??
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 3:43 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Whit???? Gremmie wtf are you on duuuude!!!! These videos are suppose to be educational, when I say I don't listen to others I mean I don't listen to shit talk from people like you duh!!! Who's being thick now goodbuddy??? I know your statement states " I speak my mind, if you don't like it don't read it" well get the f**k off my thread cos I don't want to read your sh*t!!! Ok duuuude??
Don't start boys !!!! Gremmie , get back to your desk and stop s##t stirring . Slippy , it's not your thread it's the internet and a public forum , forget watching videos it'll all be thoroughly explained when you get here . Word of friendly advice , you might not like how trucking works over here but just keep your head down and do your job , seen too many who think they know better than the dumb arsed Canadian way and want to change procedures , you won't and it'll end in tears . Seen it too many times .If you get stuck with the theory or air give me a pm anytime .
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 6:34 am
Flying Scotsman

Thanks flat to the mat, I intend in doing exactly what I'm told buddy, I really don't have a problem with that
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 3:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Whooo Just like the good ole days
Old Jun 25th 2014, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

Smudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really nice

Like Kb told me three years ago nobody fails their tests!!!!
Old Jun 25th 2014, 1:09 am
Flying Scotsman

Is that rite smuggler...? It's the extra costs for if I fail that's bothering me buddy...? Only taking $6200 and $3500 of that is for my training and accommodation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.