Convoy remake?

Old Sep 5th 2007, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

CHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant future
Default Re: Convoy remake?

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
That gal in the XKE aint got no pants on man I just looked down and BINGO there it was..

There what was

Did'nt ya hear me she aint got no pants on...look at her she's just waiting there.

.............Back em down Back em down we got a bear in a plain brown wrapper...

Son of a Bitch...jeeze son of a bitch.

OVER..............
Well one thing's for sure, you aint about to get me behind you Pigpen.......

That was you on th 2way, Cottonmouth............I aint got no 2way, C'mon

His 10 on the floor, stroking the bore, seat cover staring to gain.........

The pupose of the convoy is to keep moving......

And I liked - "help me un-wrap a present?"
Old Sep 5th 2007, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

CHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Big Truck
All the new trucks?!!!!!!!
C'mon Chris apart from Pigpens COE (cabover) "classic" N.Amercian trucks have changed very little visually since the days of Convoy and Smoky and the bandit.
Apart from maybe the KW T2000 and Peterbilt 379 (which are the same truck) I personally can see very little to mark them apart!!
I was thinking of streamliners ect.... Volvo's Pete's........

Also RD's truck was quite low spec, not even any wheel trims!........I did love the look of it after running into "truckers hell" though.......
Old Sep 9th 2007, 12:52 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Truck
All the new trucks?!!!!!!!
C'mon Chris apart from Pigpens COE (cabover) "classic" N.Amercian trucks have changed very little visually since the days of Convoy and Smoky and the bandit.
Apart from maybe the KW T2000 and Peterbilt 379 (which are the same truck) I personally can see very little to mark them apart!!

The KW T2000 and the Peterbilt 379 are definately not the same truck, the KW is the new aero shape and the 379 is the old conventional square shape. the Closest Peterbilt to a KW T2000 is the 387 which is what i have, they look similar on first impression but take a close look and they are very, very different.
Old Sep 11th 2007, 8:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Can any one remmeber the song by Dave Lee Travis,a sought of a piss take on the convoy song,what was it called Convoy GB ??? the other guys name was dipstick i think
Old Sep 11th 2007, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Can any one remmeber the song by Dave Lee Travis,a sought of a piss take on the convoy song,what was it called Convoy GB ??? the other guys name was dipstick i think
Good old Dave Lee Travis was a bit before my time. I only remember him from all the times going out in my Dad's Truck.

Found this though, so it must be somewhere

In 1978, an on-air parody of the US hit "Convoy" (by Laurie Lingo and The Dipsticks) led to a release of the song "Convoy GB" as a single, recorded with fellow DJ Paul Burnett. The song reached number four in the charts and Travis appeared as the song's narrator "Super Scouse" on Top Of The Pops.

His popular quiz "Snooker on the Radio" and in particular the sound effect "quack quack oops" became famous Radio 1 features, and were resurrected for his weekend morning show on Magic Radio.
Old Sep 11th 2007, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

Have just read Wiki's take on Convoy! - I will be reading all of their stuff with a pinch of salt from now on!

RD driving a Kenworth, hauling logs? there are loads more incorrect parts, but I can't be bothered to list them.

"Convoy" is a 1975 novelty song performed by C.W. McCall (pseudonym of Bill Fries) that became a number-one hit in the USA and helped start a worldwide craze for citizens band (CB) radio.

Contents [hide]
1 The song
2 Sequel
3 Remakes
4 Paul Brandt version
5 External links

[edit] The song
The song consists of three different types of interspersed dialog: a simulated CB conversation interspersed with CB slang, the narration of the story and the chorus. It is the story about a fictitious minor trucker rebellion that drives from the west coast to the east coast of the United States without stopping. What they are protesting (other than the then-prevalent 55 miles per hour speed limit) is not stated in the song.

The "conversation" is between two truckers, using their handles "Rubber Duck" and "Pig Pen", but we only hear the Rubber Duck side of the conversation.

Rubber Duck (driving a Kenworth with a load of logs) is at the "front door" (the leader) of three eighteen-wheelers (tractor and semi-trailer) when he realizes that they have a convoy. Following the Rubber Duck is an unnamed trucker in a "cab-over Pete with a reefer on" (a refrigerated trailer, hauled by a Peterbilt truck configured with the cab over the engine), while Pig Pen brings up the rear in a "Jimmy" (GMC truck) hauling hogs.

The convoy begins June 6th on "I-one-oh" (I-10) just outside of "Shakytown" (Los Angeles, California, known by that name due to its frequent earth tremors). By the time they get to "Tulsatown" (Tulsa, Oklahoma), there are eighty-five trucks in the convoy and the "bears" (police) have set up a road block and have a "bear in the air" (police helicopter) monitoring the situation. By the time they get to "Chi-town" (Chicago, Illinois), the convoy has been joined by a "suicide jockey" (truck hauling explosives) and "eleven long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus", and the police have called out "reinforcements from the 'Illinoise' (Illinois) National Guard". The convoy crashes another road block when crossing a toll bridge into New Jersey, and by this time they have "a thousand screamin' trucks" in all.

Several times during the song, Rubber Duck would complain about the smell of the hogs that Pig Pen was hauling, and he kept asking Pig Pen to "back off" (fall further behind). By the end of the song, Pig Pen has fallen so far back that when Rubber Duck is in New Jersey, Pig Pen has only gotten as far as Omaha.

[edit] Sequel
Old Sep 11th 2007, 10:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CHRISRICHES
Good old Dave Lee Travis was a bit before my time. I only remember him from all the times going out in my Dad's Truck.

Found this though, so it must be somewhere

In 1978, an on-air parody of the US hit "Convoy" (by Laurie Lingo and The Dipsticks) led to a release of the song "Convoy GB" as a single, recorded with fellow DJ Paul Burnett. The song reached number four in the charts and Travis appeared as the song's narrator "Super Scouse" on Top Of The Pops.

His popular quiz "Snooker on the Radio" and in particular the sound effect "quack quack oops" became famous Radio 1 features, and were resurrected for his weekend morning show on Magic Radio.
Been searching youtube but cant find it anywhere:curse::curse: its sooooooooo funny....thanks any way m8,,,,,are you so young that you dont even know who DLT (the hairy cornflake) is you young whipper snappers
Old Sep 11th 2007, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

Been searching youtube but cant find it anywhere:curse::curse: its sooooooooo funny....thanks any way m8,,,,,are you so young that you dont even know who DLT (the hairy cornflake) is you young whipper snappers
I will try and find something at work tomorrow

I remember the "quack quack oops" but the song he did was a year before I was born! don't know what a "hairy cornflake" is though!

I can't remember if it was DLT or Steve Wright that did sad stories on the radio too?
Old Sep 11th 2007, 10:51 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

I will try and find something at work tomorrow

I remember the "quack quack oops" but the song he did was a year before I was born! don't know what a "hairy cornflake" is though!

I can't remember if it was DLT or Steve Wright that did sad stories on the radio too?
That was Simon Bates with "our tune"
Old Sep 12th 2007, 4:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by andy_sheila
That was Simon Bates with "our tune"
Todays youth dont no what they've missed Havent listend to Radio1 in over 20 years
Old Sep 12th 2007, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

Todays youth dont no what they've missed Havent listend to Radio1 in over 20 years
I feel too old to listen to Radio1, I listen to Radio2 - but I think it's the new Radio1 from years ago? although as I'm 28 it's a bit embarrassing telling my friends I like Radio2
Old Sep 12th 2007, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future

I feel too old to listen to Radio1, I listen to Radio2 - but I think it's the new Radio1 from years ago? although as I'm 28 it's a bit embarrassing telling my friends I like Radio2
My husbands the same, he's 31.
Old Sep 12th 2007, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

Found it, here you go Gremmie - enjoy!

http://members.tripod.com/~Cybertrucker/convoygb.htm
Old Sep 12th 2007, 11:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

luv ya babe
Old Sep 13th 2007, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

luv ya babe
I think I've pulled

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.