Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

The complete Regs for Class 1 driving test

The complete Regs for Class 1 driving test

Old Oct 24th 2007, 11:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default The complete Regs for Class 1 driving test

To pass these test read All of the following inc Buses and Taxis chapters as these are included in the Canadain Class1.
http://www.icbc.com/licensing/lic_ut...commercial.asp
Old Oct 24th 2007, 11:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The complete Regs for Class 1 driving test

And here is the Alberta book on taking your class1
http://www.infratrans.gov.ab.ca/INFT...frontcover.htm
Old Oct 25th 2007, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

Nice find dude
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:58 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Nova Scotia links:

http://www.gov.ns.ca/snsmr/rmv/licence/liupgrad.asp

http://www.gov.ns.ca/snsmr/rmv/licence/

Air brake manual (online)
http://www.gov.ns.ca/snsmr/rmv/licen...ake_manual.asp
Old Oct 25th 2007, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

RodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of light

Cheers again Andy

My OH has a lot of reading to do this weekend
Old Oct 25th 2007, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

RodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Andy

I wonder if you can answer something thats bugging me a bit.

OH has his UK Class 1 (Artic), he has a TWP so will start work, do training and take his test for Class 1 in NS.

I have a Class 2, Rigid license in the Uk, I can't work for 6 months or until PNP is approved, but I have to exchange my license within 90 days. If I'm reading all the info, we have correctly, if I want to keep my HGV license I need to also pass my test for Hgvs' within this time frame?

Eventually, sooner rather than later, I want to get my Class 1, so if I have to pass a test to keep my Class 2 or NS equivalent, paying for this myself, would it be more prudent to go straight for my Class 1. and Am I allowed to do this without having to jump through a million and 1 Hoops?

Rosie
Old Oct 25th 2007, 9:00 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RodRos&Co.
Cheers again Andy

My OH has a lot of reading to do this weekend
Your'e welcome Ros, the airbrake manual looks daunting but the test is easy, 20 multiple choice questions and you have to get 16/20, it really is easy if you read the manual, not so much study it, just read it.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 9:08 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

Hi Andy

OH has his UK Class 1 (Artic), he has a TWP so will start work, do training and take his test for Class 1 in NS.

I have a Class 2, Rigid license in the Uk, I can't work for 6 months or until PNP is approved, but I have to exchange my license within 90 days. If I'm reading all the info, we have correctly, if I want to keep my HGV license I need to also pass my test for Hgvs' within this time frame?

Eventually, sooner rather than later, I want to get my Class 1, so if I have to pass a test to keep my Class 2 or NS equivalent, paying for this myself, would it be more prudent to go straight for my Class 1. and Am I allowed to do this without having to jump through a million and 1 Hoops?

Rosie
The short answer is take your class 1 when you get here, your class 2 is equivilent to a class 3 here and as far as i know you wouldn't be able to just exchange it.
Is Rod being trained by a company? Are you? I will pm you my email address as i could save you a lot of money.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 9:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Andy

Rosie
To the best of my knowledge,YOU can do your Class1 + airbrake, no hoops,just apply same as hubby
Old Oct 25th 2007, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cheers Lads

Andy got your email addy
Old Oct 26th 2007, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Doomed to be stuck in the West Midlands forever!!!!
Twink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to all

Hi

Am I reading this correct but, OH has HGV 1, so if we move to NS, does he have to take another driving test??????
HELP !!!!
Old Oct 26th 2007, 4:24 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Twink001
Hi

Am I reading this correct but, OH has HGV 1, so if we move to NS, does he have to take another driving test??????
HELP !!!!
He'll have to take another class one test, yes.
As far as I know, you have to do that in any province.
I presume his car licence is just an exchange.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Twink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by koogar
He'll have to take another class one test, yes.
As far as I know, you have to do that in any province.
I presume his car licence is just an exchange.
Hi,
Yep car licence would be an exchange.
Just finding one prob after another at mo !!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanx
Old Oct 26th 2007, 4:43 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

Originally Posted by Twink001
Hi,
Yep car licence would be an exchange.
Just finding one prob after another at mo !!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanx
I admit i haven't checked lately but unless they have changed the rules in the last 2 years, you will have to take your car test as well.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

How much does the HGV test cost??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.