Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

The complete Regs for Class 1 driving test

The complete Regs for Class 1 driving test

Old Oct 26th 2007, 6:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The complete Regs for Class 1 driving test

Gremmie, are there any/many crash boxes in the UK? i suspect not, how did you find them? i would imagine it's the hardest thing to learn here?

When i did my HGV 1,27 years ago, you had to do it with a non Syncro box,that was the law then. There after i drove only 2 other trucks with non Synchro. 1. an antique scammel from blue circle cement,drove approx 100km with that. 2 a White Road commander COE from london to Rimini in Italy and back with 24,000kgs of peaches in the fridge. and that was in 1985/6
Crash boxes went out with Noaha's Ark in the UK,axcept maybe Army trucks
Old Oct 26th 2007, 6:37 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Gremmie, are there any/many crash boxes in the UK? i suspect not, how did you find them? i would imagine it's the hardest thing to learn here?

When i did my HGV 1,27 years ago, you had to do it with a non Syncro box,that was the law then. There after i drove only 2 other trucks with non Synchro. 1. an antique scammel from blue circle cement,drove approx 100km with that. 2 a White Road commander COE from london to Rimini in Italy and back with 24,000kgs of peaches in the fridge. and that was in 1985/6
Crash boxes went out with Noaha's Ark in the UK,axcept maybe Army trucks
Wool, eye disyded two tri righting lycke gremmie too sea watt its lycke.
Kwite lybaraiting akchewelli.
Eye myte du thys orl der tyme
Old Oct 26th 2007, 6:41 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by koogar
LM F AO, funnest ting me ev red in yrs
Old Oct 26th 2007, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by koogar
Bloody hell the first Post i've understood
So clever clogs please correct my mistakes as i cant see any
Old Oct 26th 2007, 6:57 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody hell the first Post i've understood
So clever clogs please correct my mistakes as i cant see any
Lol, it's not really bad mate, only the 'axcept' instead of except.
I must admit to having no idea who Noaha is though
Old Oct 26th 2007, 7:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

When i write it looks like this in my head:
Ihr beide cha mir in diä schuhe blasser,i gib mis beschter mit jede satz das i schriiba,aber ebe es glinkt nid immer. I cha wenigschtens selbe drüber lache,dasi amigs e dürrenand han isch für mich au z lache,ihr sött mi g'höre schwätzer, no schlimmer
Translation:
The pair of you can blow in my shoe's,i do my best with every sentance that i write,not allways sucsesfully tho. I can at least laugh at my self,and that i get muddled some times is a giggle,you should hear me talk,thats even worse
Old Oct 26th 2007, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

as someone who learned on and drove non syncroboxes for15yrs ,last 10 on synchro/ autos it took the smile of my face when on a test drive in ca.
oh thought i was killing it.lol.
have asked local vintage club for any one with leyland /erf. for hr or 2.
so easy to forget.
jamesy
Old Oct 27th 2007, 3:32 am
Forum Regular

paulburt is an unknown quantity at this point

are the thirteen speed they use anything like a twin splitter?
Old Oct 27th 2007, 9:14 am
PREPARED

pete d is an unknown quantity at this point

To pass these test read All of the following inc Buses and Taxis chapters as these are included in the Canadain Class1.
http://www.icbc.com/licensing/lic_ut...commercial.asp
Hi all
how different are the tests depending on what province your in ?

for example would the air brake test in BC be very different from the test in NS ?

Is there any difference between the practical test if you do it in Manitoba or PEI?

Pete
Old Oct 27th 2007, 2:10 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

for example would the air brake test in BC be very different from the test in NS ?
Pete[/quote]

Sorry Pete but i don't know about other provinces. The air brake "test" in NS is 20 multiple choice questions of which you need to get 16 right. I got 19 first time and the one i got wrong was only because i read the question wrong................yes, it is that easy
If you fail, you can take it again, there and then (after paying the fee again of course)
Old Oct 27th 2007, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by paulburt
are the thirteen speed they use anything like a twin splitter?
Paul,
If you used an Eaton twin splitter before,you'll fall in with a Fuller Roadranger with no bother at all!!!
Old Oct 27th 2007, 4:04 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

Originally Posted by Big Truck
Paul,
If you used an Eaton twin splitter before,you'll fall in with a Fuller Roadranger with no bother at all!!!
Splitting isn't the issue, anybody can do that, matching the box speed to the engine speed is. If the 13 spd splitter that paul refers to is a synchromesh box then he could have some adjusting to do and MIGHT find it difficult at first. If it's a crash box then he will have no problem.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by andy_sheila
Splitting isn't the issue, anybody can do that, matching the box speed to the engine speed is. If the 13 spd splitter that paul refers to is a synchromesh box then he could have some adjusting to do and MIGHT find it difficult at first. If it's a crash box then he will have no problem.
It is a crash box and you do have to match the rev's with a "blip" and not using the clutch pedal etc,the stick is just abit different in that it has a three position switch for the gears hence the "twinsplitter" if you can work that out.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 4:17 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

Originally Posted by Big Truck
It is a crash box and you do have to match the rev's with a "blip" and not using the clutch pedal etc,the stick is just abit different in that it has a three position switch for the gears hence the "twinsplitter" if you can work that out.
Oh i think if i can work out a twin stick, each with a splitter then i think i should be able to............
Old Oct 27th 2007, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

paulburt is an unknown quantity at this point

just to clarify, the eaton twin split is a constant mesh box, loved by some hated by others, personally i grew to like mine a lot but just wondered if the 13 speed fuller box which seems the prefered choice over there was simular? i.e clutchless changes?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.