Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Company's currently hiring with LMO's ?

Company's currently hiring with LMO's ?

Old Feb 28th 2013, 12:39 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Company's currently hiring with LMO's ?

Originally Posted by Srinivask
How many days will take for LMO process? How many years we will get the LMO?
I can sought you one tomorrow , along with a Canadian license and FAST card . Total cost $10,000 CDN , payment via Fargo as usual or you can ask cousin Najip but his prices have risen
Old Feb 28th 2013, 11:25 am
Just Joined

ladytrucker105 is an unknown quantity at this point

just been reading through this forum between you guys and hope you dont mind me butting in as am looking to come over to canada this year but my question to you wise truck drivers is would it be better to get your Lmo yourself or find and employer that provides that for you? many thanks:-)
Old Feb 28th 2013, 12:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Richie83
The cost varies I was charged around $1200 CAD for my LMO and then the work permit cost me $150 once I landed. Not sure if some employers pay for the LMO, and also the flight over.
Given that it's free for the employer to apply for the LMO, it's outrageous that you had to pay $1200 for it!
Old Feb 28th 2013, 12:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladytrucker105
just been reading through this forum between you guys and hope you dont mind me butting in as am looking to come over to canada this year but my question to you wise truck drivers is would it be better to get your Lmo yourself or find and employer that provides that for you? many thanks:-)
It's not something you can apply for yourself, only an employer can apply for a LMO.

HTH.
Old Feb 28th 2013, 12:26 pm
Just Joined

Srinivask is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks. I want to know total cost for LMO process? one consultant asking me 500$ Canadian Dollars for the Visa assistant fee.so Just i wondered . only visa processing is 500$? thanks for your reply.
Old Feb 28th 2013, 12:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Thanks. I want to know total cost for LMO process? one consultant asking me 500$ Canadian Dollars for the Visa assistant fee.so Just i wondered . only visa processing is 500$? thanks for your reply.
As above, there is NO cost for the LMO. It's free for the employer to apply for.

There is a fee of $150 for the TWP, but that's all you should have to pay for. You don't need to hire a consultant to do a LMO application (as the employer has to do it anyway), there's no need for a consultant just for that.

Just checking, but are you referring to trucking jobs? You're asking about IT in other threads, so if you're not a trucker then it would be better to post your visa related queries in the main Canada forum.

Good luck.
Old Feb 28th 2013, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

Srinivask is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your reply. I am new to this form. I am asking for IT related. I am not related trucking etc. Can you send me link for main Canada form.

Thanks.
Old Feb 28th 2013, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

ladytrucker105 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you christmasoompa for your reply and yes it is trucking that im referring too:-)
Old Feb 28th 2013, 12:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Thanks for your reply. I am new to this form. I am asking for IT related. I am not related trucking etc. Can you send me link for main Canada form.

Thanks.
Go to the main page for the forum, then go down to 'Canada' and click on that. You can then post your questions there, any visa related queries should be put in the immigration section, and any lifestyle type questions in the main part of the forum.

HTH.
Old Feb 28th 2013, 1:29 pm
Just Joined

Richie83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Given that it's free for the employer to apply for the LMO, it's outrageous that you had to pay $1200 for it!
Yes at the time it seemed all worth it, but the owner operator I worked for turned out to be a con man and was only interested in ripping people off and destroying family's in order to fund his own luxurious lifestyle, speedboats latest pickups, quads, holidays to vegas, cruises etc....
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

heydon1983 is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought it was illegal for the person or company whose hiring you on a lmo to charge you for it as the lmo will outline the employers responsibilitys and what they have to provide to who ever they are hiring mine stated that the company had to provide a person on an lmo with a return flight to country of origin couldnt charge me for any of the training i needed to do the job ie godi pst and the other tickets i needed for the oil patch even if i left the company to go work for someone else on an lmo they had to pay me the same rates as they would a canadian in the same job as mine/ if you have a company trying to charge you for the lmo my advice would be to politly tell them to shove it find some goverment branch to report it to so they cant rip anyone else off and find myself another company who is looking to recruit abroad and isnt going to screw you over i was lucky the company i came over to work for have been brilliant to me helping every stage of the way they are also sponsoring my pr application to keep me here.
I would keep looking as not all companys are not the same.
best of luck
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.
Holy cow an IT guy that cant navigate around a simple forum like this one... this has to be a wind up poster come on am i the only one that can see this..
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

cukks is an unknown quantity at this point

hes from india..abit backward..
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 1:05 pm
forever blowing bubbles

arniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud of
Cool Re: Company's currently hiring with LMO's ?

Probably works in a call center for a British bank
Old Apr 13th 2013, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

nofrills is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by heydon1983
I thought it was illegal for the person or company whose hiring you on a lmo to charge you for it as the lmo will outline the employers responsibilitys and what they have to provide to who ever they are hiring mine stated that the company had to provide a person on an lmo with a return flight to country of origin couldnt charge me for any of the training i needed to do the job ie godi pst and the other tickets i needed for the oil patch even if i left the company to go work for someone else on an lmo they had to pay me the same rates as they would a canadian in the same job as mine/ if you have a company trying to charge you for the lmo my advice would be to politly tell them to shove it find some goverment branch to report it to so they cant rip anyone else off and find myself another company who is looking to recruit abroad and isnt going to screw you over i was lucky the company i came over to work for have been brilliant to me helping every stage of the way they are also sponsoring my pr application to keep me here.
I would keep looking as not all companys are not the same.
best of luck
Hi Heydon1983
What company brought you to Canada if you don't mind me asking?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.