Companies in MB

Old Jun 12th 2015, 12:17 am
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Companies in MB

Originally Posted by Kiowan
Bear in mind that you cannot go and work as a truck driver in Quebec, they have no program for it, neither does Ontario. Your French will also not really help, it will give you 5 extra points above the 20 you get for native English which in the grand scheme of things helps very little as having a job offer is one of the largest contributing factors you can have.

The problem now, since last year is that companies are struggling to get LMIAs which they need to employ you, they are also expensive at $1000 per person, before it was free and then went up to $200 or so before jumping to $1000, regardless of whether it's granted and most aren't being granted so companies aren't bothering. As a foreign driver you will have to prove your industry work experience, it may be very difficult for you to do that with 20yr old African charity work? Also it's work in the last 5 years that is what counts to PNP schemes so only having a civillian commercial licence since October may hinder you but you could still try. Mail Ayr Motor Express in New Brunswick, they said a while back that they thought they might have some LMIAs in April, I think even H&R haven't bothered this year.
Don't mail anyone, you'll never get an answer, call companies instead.
Don't bother with Ayr Motors, you'll earn more collecting & recycling bottles from the garbage bins.
H&R have a few LMIA's for drivers in Canada already, that need them.
Old Jun 12th 2015, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

Kiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of light

TBH, i mailed a lot of companies and rang others and received something approaching a 90% response rate, I would imagine the content of what you email them will greatly affect whether or not you receive a reply. I generally called companies that appeared to have a low online presence, such a poor, old or very basic website as this to me indicated they were not likely to to communicate online as well as over the phone. Worked for me.
Old Jun 18th 2015, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

Amy1807 is an unknown quantity at this point

Do any of you know if you HAVE to drive long haul to qualify or MPNP. It's doesn't state you do on the website, any occupation can apply, but wondering whether they may reject the application because they're not short of them...
Old Jun 18th 2015, 2:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Juggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond repute

The last i heard they do insist you at least cross provincial boundaries, That's changed from when i arrived, you had to run USA lol
Its a small price to pay to get residency.
Old Jun 18th 2015, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

Devonborderline is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks to all for those valuable responses. I have to agree that emails don't get many answers ( 2 out of 10)?but again I guess my resume doesn't really show glory compare to an experienced Stobart driver with 20 years behind him. Australia and New Zealand have all ready removed Truck drivers from their needed skilled workers list. Hard time to live the dream hey?
Old Jun 18th 2015, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Juggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Devonborderline
Thanks to all for those valuable responses. I have to agree that emails don't get many answers ( 2 out of 10)?but again I guess my resume doesn't really show glory compare to an experienced Stobart driver with 20 years behind him. Australia and New Zealand have all ready removed Truck drivers from their needed skilled workers list. Hard time to live the dream hey?
There is also the down turn in the oil industry which has caused a flood of drivers looking for work outside the oil patch. There is a shortage of EXPERIENCED drivers here but i think for the time being the supply of foreign drivers has all but being turned off for now.
Just keep plugging away and you may get lucky !
Old Jun 19th 2015, 12:10 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Devonborderline
If living the dream were that simple everyone under the sun would be trying it , and ruining it . If you really want the experience it will bear fruit . As has previously been posted there are loads of AB guys desperate to pay bills at the moment so immigrants might have to wait until the oil patch kicks in again . Bide your time and keep trying .
Old Jun 22nd 2015, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

I was at the AMTA Truck Rodeo the last weekend and talked to the H&R Trucking recruiter, seems they have some LMIAs so might be worth a shot ?
Old Oct 19th 2015, 1:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juggernaut1064
I was at the AMTA Truck Rodeo the last weekend and talked to the H&R Trucking recruiter, seems they have some LMIAs so might be worth a shot ?
How was Lyndon
Old Mar 5th 2016, 6:07 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gremmie
How was Lyndon
How's it going, you old goose?
Old Mar 7th 2016, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gremmie
How was Lyndon
Was just Hutch i saw.
Old Jul 3rd 2016, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by koogar
How's it going, you old goose?
very well thanks, and your self