Companies in MB

Old Jun 3rd 2015, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

Amy1807 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Companies in MB

Hello,
On behalf of my better half, can anyone suggest any decent trucking companies to work for in Manitoba?
He doesn't need an LMIA, but they must do long haul.

Thank you kindly

Old Jun 4th 2015, 2:24 am
Forum Regular

Lou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Companies in MB

I work for Flying Eagle at Niverville; they are getting some new trucks at the end of June and will be looking for drivers. It is not the best job in the World, but if it was they wouldn't be looking for drivers. There is a young guy in charge now and he is looking to grow the company again after it went into decline. Most of the trips are into the US; sometimes it is back to Manitoba, sometimes its a triangle.
Old Jun 4th 2015, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Juggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond repute

What kind of experience does he have, flat bed, reefers etc ?
Old Jun 7th 2015, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

Hi, sorry for delayed reply. Think he has found a company..finger crossed it works out.
He has been working reefers.
We'll keep what you say in mind incase it doesn't work out Lou Skannon! Thanks
Old Jun 10th 2015, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

Devonborderline is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Amy,

I'm in the same situation that your husband in the respect that I am also looking for work in Canada. I would love to hear about your experience if possible please? How was the procedure etc? It will be super helpful
Many thanks
John
Old Jun 10th 2015, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Devonborderline
Hi Amy,

I'm in the same situation that your husband in the respect that I am also looking for work in Canada. I would love to hear about your experience if possible please? How was the procedure etc? It will be super helpful
Many thanks
John
I think it's pretty tough out there at the moment.
My partner has a working holiday visa, that is how he has secured this job! Before this though, he was getting no where.
If your after an LMIA I'd definitely say to do a recce over to Canada, ring a few companies, and arrange a few interviews.
Old Jun 10th 2015, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Amy1807
I think it's pretty tough out there at the moment.
My partner has a working holiday visa, that is how he has secured this job! Before this though, he was getting no where.
If your after an LMIA I'd definitely say to do a recce over to Canada, ring a few companies, and arrange a few interviews.
Thanks for your response, I think I might have to apply for a working holiday visa as well, have you used an agent or just via the consulate?
I have applied to many jobs and I am getting the same message back
"
Thank you for your enquiry and your interest in our company. Unfortunately, at this time, we are not participating in the Foreign Worker Program. We will keep your contact information for future openings."
I'm surprised when the country as a massive shortage of drivers.
Old Jun 10th 2015, 8:36 pm
Just Joined

http://overtheroad.imirus.com/Mpowered/book/votr15/i6/p1#12
Old Jun 10th 2015, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your response, I think I might have to apply for a working holiday visa as well, have you used an agent or just via the consulate?
I have applied to many jobs and I am getting the same message back
"
Thank you for your enquiry and your interest in our company. Unfortunately, at this time, we are not participating in the Foreign Worker Program. We will keep your contact information for future openings."
I'm surprised when the country as a massive shortage of drivers.
I take it from your other post you are 40? Unfortunatly the IEC working holiday visa is for 18-30 year olds.
Just check job bank and kijiji daily. Keep an eye out on here too as some of the guys post jobs they find that have lmias. Google 'trucking companies in ....' And ring even if they aren't advertising. Ring instead of email. And if you can go over to canada and network then do.
Good luck
Old Jun 10th 2015, 9:08 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Amy1807
I take it from your other post you are 40? Unfortunatly the IEC working holiday visa is for 18-30 year olds.
Just check job bank and kijiji daily. Keep an eye out on here too as some of the guys post jobs they find that have lmias. Google 'trucking companies in ....' And ring even if they aren't advertising. Ring instead of email. And if you can go over to canada and network then do.
Good luck
Yes I have just realised that I'm finally old in the world of working while holidaying I am planning a couple of weeks in Quebec and Manitoba after the summer so hopefully. Currently working for stobarts but they have no links in Canada.
Good luck to you both !
JOhn
Old Jun 10th 2015, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Juggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond repute

if you call Canada from the UK please take into account the time zones, I'm a recruiter and not as social as i should be if someone calls me at 3am my time !

Canada Time Zone
Old Jun 10th 2015, 9:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Juggernaut1064
if you call Canada from the UK please take into account the time zones, I'm a recruiter and not as social as i should be if someone calls me at 3am my time !

Canada Time Zone
Good point thanks, I won't be harassing anyone before 9am I promess.as a recruiter are you struggling to find drivers at the moment ? What's the solution long term for the industry ?
Regards
John
Old Jun 11th 2015, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Good point thanks, I won't be harassing anyone before 9am I promess.as a recruiter are you struggling to find drivers at the moment ? What's the solution long term for the industry ?
Regards
John
Collapse of oil prices here mean i'm being over run with applications so at the moment i'm cherry picking from a pile of applications.
Old Jun 11th 2015, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

Kiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of light

I am planning a couple of weeks in Quebec and Manitoba after the summer so hopefully. Currently working for stobarts but they have no links in Canada.
Bear in mind that you cannot go and work as a truck driver in Quebec, they have no program for it, neither does Ontario. Your French will also not really help, it will give you 5 extra points above the 20 you get for native English which in the grand scheme of things helps very little as having a job offer is one of the largest contributing factors you can have.

The problem now, since last year is that companies are struggling to get LMIAs which they need to employ you, they are also expensive at $1000 per person, before it was free and then went up to $200 or so before jumping to $1000, regardless of whether it's granted and most aren't being granted so companies aren't bothering. As a foreign driver you will have to prove your industry work experience, it may be very difficult for you to do that with 20yr old African charity work? Also it's work in the last 5 years that is what counts to PNP schemes so only having a civillian commercial licence since October may hinder you but you could still try. Mail Ayr Motor Express in New Brunswick, they said a while back that they thought they might have some LMIAs in April, I think even H&R haven't bothered this year.
Old Jun 11th 2015, 10:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kiowan
Bear in mind that you cannot go and work as a truck driver in Quebec, they have no program for it, neither does Ontario. Your French will also not really help, it will give you 5 extra points above the 20 you get for native English which in the grand scheme of things helps very little as having a job offer is one of the largest contributing factors you can have.

The problem now, since last year is that companies are struggling to get LMIAs which they need to employ you, they are also expensive at $1000 per person, before it was free and then went up to $200 or so before jumping to $1000, regardless of whether it's granted and most aren't being granted so companies aren't bothering. As a foreign driver you will have to prove your industry work experience, it may be very difficult for you to do that with 20yr old African charity work? Also it's work in the last 5 years that is what counts to PNP schemes so only having a civillian commercial licence since October may hinder you but you could still try. Mail Ayr Motor Express in New Brunswick, they said a while back that they thought they might have some LMIAs in April, I think even H&R haven't bothered this year.
Unless Ontario has changed recently you can work a a truck driver there, you just cant get residency as a truck driver.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.