British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Trucking (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/)
-   -   class2 driver with MPNP (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/class2-driver-mpnp-915330/)

jocker01 Jul 25th 2018 3:32 pm

class2 driver with MPNP

Hi,
I been nominated by Manitoba and awaiting PR via old paper based application system (about 19 months waiting). I wanted to wait for PR and apply for police in CA (I'm currently working as PC in Thames Valley) but it appears that with will be impossible to get police job while still in UK. I decided to get US visitor visa (I'm Polish and need visa to enter US) and start looking for employer in MB who would offer me a job as truck driver. I obviously don't have trailer experience as such but done assessment drive couple of years ago with a driving school and they told me, that I will have no problem with passing a test. I drove buses for 6 years and 'rigids' for couple of years for an agency to get some truck experience on part-time basis. I'm very confident and skilled driver. I already spoke with few Polish drivers who recommended me few companies to contact. Would anyone of you also recommend me any truck company in Manitoba, ideally south of Winnipeg who would invest some time and offer me a job, please?
Regards
Jocker01

craig25 Jul 29th 2018 1:32 pm

Re: class2 driver with MPNP

Originally Posted by jocker01 (Post 12538381)
Hi,
I been nominated by Manitoba and awaiting PR via old paper based application system (about 19 months waiting). I wanted to wait for PR and apply for police in CA (I'm currently working as PC in Thames Valley) but it appears that with will be impossible to get police job while still in UK. I decided to get US visitor visa (I'm Polish and need visa to enter US) and start looking for employer in MB who would offer me a job as truck driver. I obviously don't have trailer experience as such but done assessment drive couple of years ago with a driving school and they told me, that I will have no problem with passing a test. I drove buses for 6 years and 'rigids' for couple of years for an agency to get some truck experience on part-time basis. I'm very confident and skilled driver. I already spoke with few Polish drivers who recommended me few companies to contact. Would anyone of you also recommend me any truck company in Manitoba, ideally south of Winnipeg who would invest some time and offer me a job, please?
Regards
Jocker01

hi jocker. I am also a bus driver in the UK.Have you found a company yet ?

jamesmc Jul 29th 2018 6:30 pm

now with Pr makes a difference ...so with class2(uk) or Mb 3 or just get class1 lots of jobs available. if you get here in reasonable time frame the big pipeline is coming through southern MBand lots of drivers required . or get on highway construction ..with maple leaf,boreland, nelson river even Lafarge concrete,city mix.lots available

jocker01 Jul 30th 2018 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by jamesmc (Post 12540488)
now with Pr makes a difference ...so with class2(uk) or Mb 3 or just get class1 lots of jobs available. if you get here in reasonable time frame the big pipeline is coming through southern MBand lots of drivers required . or get on highway construction ..with maple leaf,boreland, nelson river even Lafarge concrete,city mix.lots available

Thanks for your reply :D

After getting my US visa (B1/B2) I will be sending my Resume to prospective employers.
I would like to move in the Summer of 2019, as my 10 year old daughter will finish her primary school.
Regards
Jocker01

neilcumming Aug 1st 2018 1:42 pm

I know Bison who are a big company in Canada ,HQ in Winnipeg hire inexperienced class 1 drivers but you have to sign a 2yr contract and drive long haul usually to USA, be on the road 10 to 14 days but if you have PR you would better looking for short haul or local runs especially if you have a child.I worked for Maple Leaf Construction in Winnipeg and they will only hire experienced drivers. South of Winnipeg there is not much only a few small towns and small trucking companies.