Change in TFWP update

Old Jul 12th 2014, 7:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Change in TFWP update

Originally Posted by kate8kate0
Thanks Neil, 'Derek's awaiting from the other companies, it's a killer waiting! If u get any info on companies that are applying for Lmia s after this let us know , cheers
Yep, will do.
Don't know if it will interest him or not but there was a moving company with LMO's advertising on Kijiji Calgary on 28June (you'll have to go back a few pages).
Old Jul 13th 2014, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

kate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neilg14
Yep, will do.
Don't know if it will interest him or not but there was a moving company with LMO's advertising on Kijiji Calgary on 28June (you'll have to go back a few pages).
Cheers mate will pass it on
Old Jul 13th 2014, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

kate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Milanuk
My friend is applying with Westcan at the moment...
I dont know a lot about his progres but I will ask and once I know I will share it here...
Thanks Milan look forward..
Old Jul 14th 2014, 2:56 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Time for you to stand away and look at the bigger picture as you're not quite past the point of no return , yet .
Consider SK and MB , where you'll be in charge of your own immigration rather then being reliant on the company to move things along on your behalf . Try some of the larger players , they won't be fazed with the recent policy changes , fact is that they still have LMO's or whatever the new term is coming through . Might not be what you want to do , but it's only 18/24 months in this neck of the woods until PR can be obtained .
Old Jul 14th 2014, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
Time for you to stand away and look at the bigger picture as you're not quite past the point of no return , yet .
Consider SK and MB , where you'll be in charge of your own immigration rather then being reliant on the company to move things along on your behalf . Try some of the larger players , they won't be fazed with the recent policy changes , fact is that they still have LMO's or whatever the new term is coming through . Might not be what you want to do , but it's only 18/24 months in this neck of the woods until PR can be obtained .

yep, got to be done, thanks for this, going to get on to them today
Old Jul 17th 2014, 3:29 am
Forum Regular

Red1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond repute

I think what the other problem is now with companies obtaining LMIOs is the fact they have to reduce their existing workforce of foreign workers down to only 30%. I know of a couple of AB companies this is going to cause alot of job loses. Families are being told they can stay until their current TWP runs out & then they may have to return. Sponsorship is also not guaranteed to them by the company either to apply for PNP. Also LMIOs as of June 20th are not being issued to any company, and if fees have been paid then refunds are being issued.

Unfortunately truck drivers are classed as low wage due to the NOC code. Alot of people dispute this but the average drivers wage taken across the whole of canada is taken into consideration, so when calculated it falls under the bracket & the new ruling of low wage areas & ratio's. Unless companies are willing to pay more, either hourly or annually, then the industry will not change. There are companies that do take advantage of drivers, I know this as being a drivers wife. Hopefully there will be some good come out of the changes and companies will be forced to change alot within the industry for the better.

I also have a friend in the UK due to fly out 30th July & is being told by his 'new' employer they do not have an LMIO fr him & they are in discussions with the government! the flights have been paid for, house sold, jobs quit and house secured in AB, now he was offered the job last October and has made all the appropriate plans for the move with his wife, 2 kids & 2 dogs.. he may now not be able to come over, and he has been told they should know before end of July. My heart breaks for the stress they must be going through.

What a shame it has all come to this.
Old Aug 6th 2014, 1:07 am
Just Joined

rednaxela is an unknown quantity at this point

These new rules do seem to be playing havoc with canadian employers.

I've noticed multiple companies on job bank re-advertising for 10-20 vacancies only a few months since the last time.