Change in TFWP update

Old Jul 5th 2014, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Change in TFWP update

Agree.
Old Jul 6th 2014, 2:55 am
Forum Regular

Milanuk is a jewel in the roughMilanuk is a jewel in the roughMilanuk is a jewel in the roughMilanuk is a jewel in the rough

I dont think trucking companies were abusing the system anyway....
Not many Canadians want to do a long haul.....as we all know :-)

as I could see in many newspapers....food servise companies were the main part who abused the TFWP and this new law is going to affect mainly them....
they still need tousands of drivers here so what is the point of stoping bringing new drivers when they have no chance to find Canadians to do it :-)

It want to see them to calculate the low average wage :-) it will be fun :-)
Old Jul 11th 2014, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

kate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond repute

Me and my husband got this email today from trucking company, cannot believe it, we're nearing completion on selling house ..views anyone??

Unfortunately I do not have good news. Our application was cancelled by
Service Canada. EVERY application that was in the process from every
occupation was cancelled. We were looking into re-submitting our
application but there are some serious new requirements in place now that we
are not able to comply with. As well we only qualify for one foreign worker
the cost of this ONE person went from approximately $2500.00 for 5 names to
over $5000.00 for one. The entire process, system, qualifications and
relations have been over hauled making it next to impossible to hire foreign
employees.

We are hoping our last remaining driver has his PR card by September or he
will have to go home as well and they just bought a home!

I didn't want to jump the gun and let you know our app was cancelled until I
did a little more research and until we considered a reapplication.
However, this has not gone according to plan.

I very much hope that you're able to find something in the meantime and if I
hear of anything at all I will pass along the information to you.

Regards,

<snip>
Old Jul 11th 2014, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kate8kate0
Me and my husband got this email today from trucking company, cannot believe it, we're nearing completion on selling house ..views anyone??

Unfortunately I do not have good news. Our application was cancelled by
Service Canada. EVERY application that was in the process from every
occupation was cancelled. We were looking into re-submitting our
application but there are some serious new requirements in place now that we
are not able to comply with. As well we only qualify for one foreign worker
the cost of this ONE person went from approximately $2500.00 for 5 names to
over $5000.00 for one. The entire process, system, qualifications and
relations have been over hauled making it next to impossible to hire foreign
employees.

We are hoping our last remaining driver has his PR card by September or he
will have to go home as well and they just bought a home!

I didn't want to jump the gun and let you know our app was cancelled until I
did a little more research and until we considered a reapplication.
However, this has not gone according to plan.

I very much hope that you're able to find something in the meantime and if I
hear of anything at all I will pass along the information to you.

Regards,

<snip>
Hello, sorry to hear your news, I'll bet my left nut the " serious new requirements they couldn't comply with" will be they couldn't match the average hourly rate.
As sorry as I feel for you and anybody else in this situation it could be a good thing in the long run, forcing companies to treat drivers better to keep them long term and somehow an overhaul of the wage structure to meet the average hourly wage.
Old Jul 11th 2014, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Milanuk
I dont think trucking companies were abusing the system anyway....
Not many Canadians want to do a long haul.....as we all know :-)

as I could see in many newspapers....food servise companies were the main part who abused the TFWP and this new law is going to affect mainly them....
they still need tousands of drivers here so what is the point of stoping bringing new drivers when they have no chance to find Canadians to do it :-)

It want to see them to calculate the low average wage :-) it will be fun :-)
Do you want to edit this post after reading the following one from kate8kate0 ?
Old Jul 12th 2014, 12:36 am
Forum Regular

Milanuk is a jewel in the roughMilanuk is a jewel in the roughMilanuk is a jewel in the roughMilanuk is a jewel in the rough

kate8

sorry to hear that. I hope you find another way. Didnt hear anything about stoping all LMOs including for trucking companies.
Lets try to contact other companies and you will see if all have the same problem to get LMOs....

Neilg14...as far as I know all the food servis LMOs were put on hold....at least until the end of the year.......
didnt hear anything about trucking companies....
They still need drivers....they will have to sort it out....no drivers....nothing in shops...

I am still optimistic anyway :-) I wish everybody good luck with finding a new job in Canada!
Old Jul 12th 2014, 1:02 am
BE Enthusiast

kate8

sorry to hear that. I hope you find another way. Didnt hear anything about stoping all LMOs including for trucking companies.
Lets try to contact other companies and you will see if all have the same problem to get LMOs....

Neilg14...as far as I know all the food servis LMOs were put on hold....at least until the end of the year.......
They still need drivers....they will have to sort it out....no drivers....nothing in shops...

I am still optimistic anyway :-) I wish everybody good luck with finding a new job in Canada!
Doesn't matter what companies need, they're going to have to up their game to be able to get these LMO's, if they don't, they will suffer with a driver shortage, can be only a good thing in the long run.
AFAIK, the food service's are now able to get LMO's again as long as they stick to the new criteria.
Old Jul 12th 2014, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

I am sure you are right.
Yes, now its up to the companies. Maybe better for all of us as you said...

I didnt know that fast foods can get LMOs again...
Old Jul 12th 2014, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

kate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys, as I say were just nearing completion selling house, and left our jobs! We have our fingers crossed the other companies are going to come through for us!
Old Jul 12th 2014, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Amy1807 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kate8kate0
Thanks guys, as I say were just nearing completion selling house, and left our jobs! We have our fingers crossed the other companies are going to come through for us!
Good luck, really hope it works out for you.
Old Jul 12th 2014, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by neilg14
Hello, sorry to hear your news, I'll bet my left nut the " serious new requirements they couldn't comply with" will be they couldn't match the average hourly rate.
As sorry as I feel for you and anybody else in this situation it could be a good thing in the long run, forcing companies to treat drivers better to keep them long term and somehow an overhaul of the wage structure to meet the average hourly wage.
Thanks Neil, 'Derek's awaiting from the other companies, it's a killer waiting! If u get any info on companies that are applying for Lmia s after this let us know , cheers
Old Jul 12th 2014, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

kate8

Thanks Milan, yes that's all we can do is wait to see now what pans out, we have a shred of optimism, we were so close!! Going to give w&s a call today/ mon ...
Old Jul 12th 2014, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

the thing with the $1000 lmo ...is that i have heard a couple o firms are now offering $750 signing up money to experienced resident/canadian drivers.
,mmm things are getting very strange!
Old Jul 12th 2014, 4:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jamesmc
the thing with the $1000 lmo ...is that i have heard a couple o firms are now offering $750 signing up money to experienced resident/canadian drivers.
,mmm things are getting very strange!
Yep! we will update
Old Jul 12th 2014, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

My friend is applying with Westcan at the moment...
I dont know a lot about his progres but I will ask and once I know I will share it here...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.