British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Trucking (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/)
-   -   cars (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/cars-692655/)

spockil Nov 7th 2010 8:19 pm

cars

well iv found out is easier to buy a house than a car as i apparantly dont have credit to but a car. its kinda crazy lol

Gremmie Nov 8th 2010 1:29 pm

Re: cars

Originally Posted by spockil (Post 8967600)
well iv found out is easier to buy a house than a car as i apparantly dont have credit to but a car. its kinda crazy lol

Me too, funny that:confused: CIBC gave me a $300,000 Mortgage no problem, but when i asked for a car loan,:rofl::rofl::eek:

Chicken lights and chrome Nov 20th 2010 6:17 am

I got the car loan first:cool: Mind you I put 5k down, it may have helped.

spockil Nov 21st 2010 8:36 pm

yip bank said we can give you mortgage but cant give you loan for car:frown: but o well lol

hughes3005 Nov 21st 2010 9:52 pm

A house is an asset!!, that is over inflated and is more secure than are car, which is scrap after a few years..Still i am pleased i dont have a mortgage for $300 000 Some one is doing well in the sale's department :).$2000 a month
Never mind cheap workers should make up the rest....

bobthedog Nov 22nd 2010 4:30 am

Have you been drinking, Hughes?

You were pleading poverty a while ago. Had you seen Gremmies house then maybe you would understand a little better.. Although, looking at how rabidly anti Canada you are, I somehow doubt it.

My mortgage is $140k. Not exactly huge, is it?

It is ironic that you, who admits to coming here to work for 14cpm, can criticise the rest of us, who would never have been so stupid.

hughes3005 Nov 22nd 2010 7:35 am

Robthedog I was explaining the reason why you cant get a car loan and get a mortgage.
You're house or home and land is an asset and can be repossessed and resold with out the banks loosing out.
On the other hand if you buy a car for lets say $15000 New you have interest on that car say %10 you pay $17000 for a vehicle with plastic bumpers and after 5 years that car is not worth a meal @ Tim Horton's..
Me on the other hand would save up and pay cash for a Five year old car for lets say $2000.
And you robthedog:rofl: you are left with paying off lets say $10000 outstanding for a Foam Bumper for another 5 years :thumbsup:

bobthedog Nov 22nd 2010 5:47 pm

Erm, WTF are you talking about? My cars are not new, but they are mine.

If the postulation you make is so, then how come our latest new member got his finance? Besides, according to you, we don't earn enough to live, so how have we afforded anything at all?

Gremmie Nov 22nd 2010 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by bobthedog (Post 8997343)

If the postulation you make is so, then how come our latest new member got his finance? Besides, according to you, we don't earn enough to live, so how have we afforded anything at all?

Just ignore the idiot Bob:o

hughes3005 Nov 23rd 2010 4:04 am

Originally Posted by bobthedog (Post 8997343)

WTF Robdog i was mealy giving you a scenario and hypothesising,it's not in my remit to cast aspersions.
Remember i am a Failure with over 20+ years Truck driving and it was my Negligence and Incompetence for not being a Bottomless pit of Money.I would have liked to subsidised Canadian trucking company's with my cheap labour but i just run out of $$$$:eek::ohmy:
The cheapest cars are to be found in Ontario you can pick up a bargain their:thumbsup:

flat to the mat Nov 23rd 2010 4:10 am

What chance did this person ever have in Canada? Still struggles to tie his laces FFS,and a great advert for the British.

hughes3005 Nov 23rd 2010 10:20 am

Originally Posted by flat to the mat (Post 8998418)
What chance did this person ever have in Canada? Still struggles to tie his laces FFS,and a great advert for the British.

You Dont have a chance with Trolls that repeat irrelevant tripe that Only Helps trucking Inc Company's.
Especialy with the like's of your ILK...
And by the way Canada Has,as A Bad name and the More people find out That the PNP Sucks,Due to the Length of Time it Takes.
In my opinion "Canada is DRY Don't Go":thumbdown:

bobthedog Nov 23rd 2010 10:26 am

Originally Posted by hughes3005 (Post 8998408)
The cheapest cars are to be found in Ontario you can pick up a bargain their:thumbsup:

You left yours in Ontario, did you?:rofl:

There may well be cheap cars there, but to get there, get a temp registration, drive back, get it safetied and then start driving it seems a waste of time. No wonder, if that is how you view things, you couldn't make a go of it here.

Your 20+ years of driving.. Was it on trunking, or tipper? I can't see you were ever independant enough to have coped overseas..

By the way, the word you meant was probably "merely", but mealy and you seem to fit together well enough. You strike me as a bit mealy mouthed.

So come on, tell us. How do we help trucking companies? I came here to drive a truck. I have settled here. My PNP was done and dusted 10 months after I arrived. How does the PNP suck?

Canada has a bad name with you. That is because the only troll here at the moment is you. You couldn't make the grade. You are not up to scratch. You took too long to find your feet.

Yet you blame the country for your own failings. Now then, consider that the UK have allowed all and sundry to enter, and then consider that you seem quite comfortable there. Then consider that you probably would never have been accepted here. You are clearly second or even third grade. It is your own doing. Get over it.

DAVIE_MAC Nov 23rd 2010 1:10 pm

And by the way Canada Has,as A Bad name and the More people find out That the PNP Sucks,Due to the Length of Time it Takes.
Ludicrous statement.

I had my PR as follows:

Arrived May 09
Applied PNP Oct09 (approved within 2 weeks) - Could have applied in Aug however Son in UK messed us about getting info to us so it was a family delay not PNP

PR application sent Nov 09

Landed PR - 25 July 10

If you take into consideration the family situation detailed above we could have landed April 10 less than a year from start to finish.

How much quicker do you really want or need?? Some are slightly quicker some slightly longer whats the big deal.

You could always sit in the UK and apply via the skilled worker route and wait 4yrs however I doubt you would make the points criteria.