Default Car Transporters

Hi all have been a trucker for 15 yrs+ last five as a car transporter driver

Been thinking of the 'Big Move' for a while my question is

Does anyone know of a Car transporter company that hires Brit's

Cheers

Hrbie
Old Jan 27th 2009, 1:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Transporters

Originally Posted by hrbie
Hi all have been a trucker for 15 yrs+ last five as a car transporter driver

Been thinking of the 'Big Move' for a while my question is

Does anyone know of a Car transporter company that hires Brit's

Cheers

Hrbie

Very bad move at the moment I have a few friends who drive car transporters for a living and every one of them is being laid off next week.

GMC have temporarily stopped production and the others have scaled back by huge amounts.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 2:03 pm
Just Joined

hrbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply but i was thinking more of Canada as its nigh on impossible to get a sponsor in US
i do believe its the same all over for the manufacturers stopping production

Hrbie
Old Jan 27th 2009, 3:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reply but i was thinking more of Canada as its nigh on impossible to get a sponsor in US
i do believe its the same all over for the manufacturers stopping production

Hrbie
Youre flogging a dying horse there pal... look elsewhere in the industry
Old Jan 27th 2009, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

And most cars in Canada come from the USA i think you will find
Old Jan 27th 2009, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

One can but try. I have already lined up an interview with Siemens
Old Jan 27th 2009, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

One can but try. I have already lined up an interview with Siemens
They dont to my knowledge to Auto transport
Old Jan 27th 2009, 5:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

I think you are confused with the European company that haul cars ?

Not here sadly
Old Jan 27th 2009, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

in reply to both siemens don't haul cars never heard of siemens in europe apart from the lighting people

its siemens aka kindersley/edge etc etc
Old Jan 27th 2009, 11:07 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Hrbie.
Hope you find what you're looking for.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 5:19 am
BE Enthusiast

bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all

in reply to both siemens don't haul cars never heard of siemens in europe apart from the lighting people

its siemens aka kindersley/edge etc etc
http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q/pr?s=SIE.DE

http://www.siemens.cz/siemjet/en/hom...Main/index.jet
Old Jan 28th 2009, 9:44 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the info big wheels I had the opportunity to go to Aus in 2001 but turned it down big regret
Old Jan 31st 2009, 1:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

thundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nice

hi hrbie
my OH was a transporter driver for over 10 yrs upto a couple of years ago, now trains the drivers to load etc

we looked for transporter companies, mainly in Ontario, and found it quite hard to get any info, a lot of companies don't seem to have websites, certainly didn't find any that were offering PNP/PR etc. we also didn't see that many transporters on the road when we did our recce in Oct 2007. However, it did seem they do more covered transporters over there so wouldn't have noticed them so much!
when i get home I'll see if I've still got any of the links i found at the time.

how do you fancy strapping down cars in -40degrees though??

out of interest who do you currently work for in the UK?
Old Jan 31st 2009, 1:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=thundercat600;7233238]how do you fancy strapping down cars in -40degrees though?? QUOTE]

Who wants to strap anything down in -40, but someone will have too, hence its only us desperate enough to get out of the UK that are going for these jobs
Old Jan 31st 2009, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

spockil is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=dinger24;7233247]
Originally Posted by thundercat600
how do you fancy strapping down cars in -40degrees though?? QUOTE]

Who wants to strap anything down in -40, but someone will have too, hence its only us desperate enough to get out of the UK that are going for these jobs
it may be -40 but think about the long hot summers of +30 and add in the humiditity it feels more like +40

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.