Car Transporters

Old Jan 31st 2009, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Transporters

[QUOTE=spockil;7233599]
Originally Posted by dinger24
it may be -40 but think about the long hot summers of +30 and add in the humiditity it feels more like +40

A friend of mine drives a transporter for a company called 'Accurate' ... It gets so cold the rams freeze up on the transporter, he has to wait sometimes all day for it to be repaired and free'd up ... thats a whole day unpaid ! How many mileage less days can you afford ?
He ran behind me very early thursday as I was nearing my house for the weekend, his transporter holds 9 cars but he only had 3 on because there is not enough work for all the drivers to keep going, he had 2 other guys from the same company behind him, all with 3 cars on to make it fair, all going to the same dealer from the same yard ????
He thinks the job is folding next week.
Not that I have any real sympathy for him, I once got him the best driving job in the world and he threw it to transport cars
Now he wants his job back but his old boss say's hard f**kin luck
Old Feb 1st 2009, 6:17 pm
Just Joined

hrbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Thundercat600 any links you might have may come in handy. I use to work for a company called silver arrow logistics out of portbury dock then worked for a local car dealer.
what your OH doing now.
Pat I can tell you why your mate is on the transporters its because it one of the highest paid jobs in the industry mostly clean work and a lot of fun
well worth doing if you get the chance
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 1:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hrbie
Hi Thundercat600 any links you might have may come in handy. I use to work for a company called silver arrow logistics out of portbury dock then worked for a local car dealer.
what your OH doing now.
Pat I can tell you why your mate is on the transporters its because it one of the highest paid jobs in the industry mostly clean work and a lot of fun
LOL .... You don't understand Herb
he was driving transporters for years, heard about by job and asked for a job.
My company is a tanker fleet. He got a minimum weekly wage even if he sat at home of $1200 (us). If he delivered more than 4 loads in a week he got more . If there was no work he still got the minimum
He left to go back to car transporting only 5 months ago because he said 'People will always need cars' ... as opposed to foods yer know
Now he found out his weekly wage is far lower than on my company and he wants his old job back ! .... Too late ! he blew it

All he had to do was hook a hose up to a tank 4 times a week to get a wage including bonuses came to $65,000 a year minimum.

When I was made redundant from Fed Ex in the 90's I had an interview with Eurofleet back in Thrapston, I did a training day and changed my mind ! Climbing up there and pissing about with ratchets and things in the cold didn't appeal to me

Last edited by Patrick Hasler; Feb 2nd 2009 at 1:21 am.
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 4:24 am
BE Enthusiast

bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all

I use to work for a company called silver arrow logistics out of portbury dock
lol funny as Brit European took that over and when I 1st arrived in UK, I worked for them to gain UK road exp, Brit just run down silver arrow like they used it as a tax dodge.
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

thundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
When I was made redundant from Fed Ex in the 90's I had an interview with Eurofleet back in Thrapston, I did a training day and changed my mind ! Climbing up there and pissing about with ratchets and things in the cold didn't appeal to me
eurofleet, then inchcape now camden in islip is where my OH works! has been driver-trainer for the last 3-4 years but used to be a driver!!
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

thundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nice

hrbie, here are some of the links I've still got, maybe some will be of use to you...

ontario-directory-auto-transport

Hansens

Canada transport

thought I had a few more but must have deleted them as we're no longer planning to go to Ontario and OH doesn't necessarily want a transporter job

hope you find something
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thundercat600
hrbie, here are some of the links I've still got, maybe some will be of use to you...

ontario-directory-auto-transport

Hansens

Canada transport

thought I had a few more but must have deleted them as we're no longer planning to go to Ontario and OH doesn't necessarily want a transporter job

hope you find something
havent heard from you in a long while, hey and i gave you the Hansens link so dont lose it...
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=spockil;7233599]
Originally Posted by dinger24
it may be -40 but think about the long hot summers of +30 and add in the humiditity it feels more like +40
40plus or 40minus, some days i'm really glad i've got my air-conned office lol
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gremmie
havent heard from you in a long while, hey and i gave you the Hansens link so dont lose it...
better memory than me! and it's about the only ON transporter lnk i've still got

been lurking mainly, not much to add these days, currently in limbo - OH has PR but no movement on the house sale so here we still are coping with a couple of inches of snow in the midlands! lol
Old Feb 5th 2009, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Saw my friend from Accurate this morning ..... They are all laid off from Friday or transfer to Massachusettes depot while the remaining strocks of cars last there.
Old Feb 5th 2009, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Its getting difficult every where now and I dont think we will see any change for at least another 9 months maybe a year.
We need to remember this is someones living that has ceased!:curse:
Old Feb 16th 2009, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

walon1973 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi hrbie

Im also working as a TP driver for the past 15 years out of sheerness.... Im currently looking at siemens as a possiblility, looking at HWT or kindersley..

Have not sent off application yet as im not in a positon yet to drop everything.

I have searched quite a bit and cant seem to find any car hauliers at all.

Do you have an interview date set up in sasktoon yet?

I know of 4 ECM drivers already out there and an ex colleague is working for triangle at the moment.

Let me know how you get on.
Old Feb 16th 2009, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

hrbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Will do mate. I have not set a date as yet for any interviews as i am still waiting for references and the like to all come in but as soon as they are all done I'll be over there

Whats the work like at the moment with Walon
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

walon1973 is an unknown quantity at this point

Will do mate. I have not set a date as yet for any interviews as i am still waiting for references and the like to all come in but as soon as they are all done I'll be over there

Whats the work like at the moment with Walon
Im based on the vw contract and the work is still steady but we had a 40% reduction in drivers a couple of months ago.. were ok for now.. taking temps on next week as not enough drivers left...

Hows the work on silver arrow?
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

chris12 is an unknown quantity at this point

what your OH doing now.

Silver arrow were bought out by ontime automotive i believe and Tupe applied most went on the Volvo contract when ontime lost Hyundai.
Why didn't you go over to ontime.

And it aint the highest paid job in trucking anymore. I worked on the merc contract out of wellesbourne for 5 years and went back to pulling Chocolate for more money. also done petrol too that money is shit too.

All the best in your quest to drive over here in Canada...

Last edited by chris12; Feb 23rd 2009 at 11:14 pm. Reason: spelling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.