Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Car Hire and local weather pls

Car Hire and local weather pls

Old Feb 4th 2009, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

scooby109 will become famous soon enoughscooby109 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Car Hire and local weather pls

Originally Posted by dinger24
I know what you mean about the drive, that is a completely different scene to here in the UK.
The open countryside is another complete opposite, the scenery etc and the views like the Highway running parrel to the Railroad and the Huge trains seem to run the length to the horizon
Its just somethings you need to see first hand!
Th roads are chuffing brill mostly, but dont forget I was pottering around in a car not against the clock or trying to sleep on the bunk while some loon drove us to the gates of hell!!!
Old Feb 4th 2009, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Yep
The roads are open and long but traffic free. In Alberta they arent t bad but in Sas they start to go a bit poorer. I havent been much further East so I cant say what they are like but I was told there they get steadily worse as you go East. Any one wanting to entertain us on the road conditions
Old Feb 5th 2009, 9:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

So what was that car before you got ya grubby mits on it Scoob ????
Old Feb 5th 2009, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

I reckon it was a Nissan gremmie says Opel not that it matters seen as you killed it
Old Feb 5th 2009, 9:39 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Yep
The roads are open and long but traffic free. In Alberta they arent t bad but in Sas they start to go a bit poorer. I havent been much further East so I cant say what they are like but I was told there they get steadily worse as you go East. Any one wanting to entertain us on the road conditions
All i can say is that Alberta has the worst roads i have ever driven on. Roads all over Canada are bad and make British roads seem like billiard tables in comparison.
Old Feb 5th 2009, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andy_sheila
All i can say is that Alberta has the worst roads i have ever driven on. Roads all over Canada are bad and make British roads seem like billiard tables in comparison.
Whoa hold on tiger compare the climate here to that of Europe, and especialy the UK,, christ it goes from -50 to plus 40c, so i taking that factor into consideration the roads here are pretty damm good,,,bumby but good
Old Feb 5th 2009, 9:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

There is a lack of road marking too!
Old Feb 5th 2009, 9:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Plenty of undertaking too ....
Old Feb 5th 2009, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes I have seen that a couple of times in fact I remember asking a local about it when we stopped off, as in is it legal, and he said it happend all the time and in general the cops didnt really bother which I kinda doubted
Old Feb 5th 2009, 10:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes I have seen that a couple of times in fact I remember asking a local about it when we stopped off, as in is it legal, and he said it happend all the time and in general the cops didnt really bother which I kinda doubted
I undertook a cop here last year with the truck, he soon woke up. Lucky for me it was the wifeys nieces hubby, we went for a beer afterwards
Old Feb 5th 2009, 10:42 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Whoa hold on tiger compare the climate here to that of Europe, and especialy the UK,, christ it goes from -50 to plus 40c, so i taking that factor into consideration the roads here are pretty damm good,,,bumby but good
I never said there wasn't a good reason for the bad roads, i am well aware as to why the roads are bad but your argument is like saying we (Leeds) are no longer a premiership team because we are crap and our defense leaks like a sieve, both true but the fact is we are still in league 1.
Old Feb 6th 2009, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

scooby109 will become famous soon enoughscooby109 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kb33
I reckon it was a Nissan gremmie says Opel not that it matters seen as you killed it

Kev get first prize

Its a nissan something or other, or maybe I should say it was a nissan

Old Feb 6th 2009, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

deannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant future

Was it a nissan estate, as it is in one now

Deanno
Old Feb 6th 2009, 1:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

It is a nissan noass 1.2 now!
Old Feb 6th 2009, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by andy_sheila
I never said there wasn't a good reason for the bad roads, i am well aware as to why the roads are bad but your argument is like saying we (Leeds) are no longer a premiership team because we are crap and our defense leaks like a sieve, both true but the fact is we are still in league 1.
Since Billy Bremner left you,ve gone down hill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.