Canadian trucks

Old Apr 11th 2011, 10:18 pm
forever blowing bubbles

arniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud of
Default Canadian trucks

hi guys looking for some info (again ). Im an English truck driver moving to Toronto area in late Oct , who carries the usual cab crap around with him ie fridge , gas stove, twatnav , 12v kettle etc etc. My question is (it might sound a silly one ) will i need any of it in a Canadian truck ? I suppose i could bring all my stuff with me anyway but is there any need too , seems pointless bringing it if i dont need it. Do the trucks there have fridges already fitted like most new trucks in the UK have now, are the trucks there 12v or 24v like here ,if they ard 24v do they have droppers fitted so you can run your satnav or kettle for you nice cuppa ? Thanks in advance for your help
Old Apr 11th 2011, 10:33 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Canadian trucks

Originally Posted by arniedog View Post
hi guys looking for some info (again ). Im an English truck driver moving to Toronto area in late Oct , who carries the usual cab crap around with him ie fridge , gas stove, twatnav , 12v kettle etc etc. My question is (it might sound a silly one ) will i need any of it in a Canadian truck ? I suppose i could bring all my stuff with me anyway but is there any need too , seems pointless bringing it if i dont need it. Do the trucks there have fridges already fitted like most new trucks in the UK have now, are the trucks there 12v or 24v like here ,if they ard 24v do they have droppers fitted so you can run your satnav or kettle for you nice cuppa ? Thanks in advance for your help
You're likely to get more responses if you post this in the Trucking Forum.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=118
Old Apr 11th 2011, 10:39 pm
forever blowing bubbles

arniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Steve_P View Post
You're likely to get more responses if you post this in the Trucking Forum.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=118
ok thanks do i have to write it all out again or can it be moved ?
Old Apr 11th 2011, 10:42 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arniedog View Post
ok thanks do i have to write it all out again or can it be moved ?
I can move it...
Old Apr 11th 2011, 10:45 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

...and just like magic here it is in the trucking forum.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 10:48 pm
forever blowing bubbles

thanks guys
Old Apr 11th 2011, 10:59 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Surely the answer though is "depends on the truck"...
Old Apr 11th 2011, 11:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink View Post
Surely the answer though is "depends on the truck"...
Typical MOD, knows absolutly nothing about it
Ok firstly trucks here are all 12 volt, most have plugs fitted allready so you can have your electrical toys running. Some companies spec the trucks with fridges some dont, some have apu's which supply heat/cold and extra volts etc. The best thing to do is check with the company you drive for. Not all companies give a dedicated truck either, who are you driving for ? And you do know you have to take the Class 1 test too.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 6:44 am
forever blowing bubbles

Originally Posted by Gremmie View Post
Ok firstly trucks here are all 12 volt, most have plugs fitted allready so you can have your electrical toys running. Some companies spec the trucks with fridges some dont, some have apu's which supply heat/cold and extra volts etc. The best thing to do is check with the company you drive for. Not all companies give a dedicated truck either, who are you driving for ? And you do know you have to take the Class 1 test too.
hi gremmie, yes i did know i have to retake test ive been ringing around and have found a few places around Toronto and prices vary from $1000 -$5000. I should think the higher price is for beginners (i hope lol ). I havent got a job yet as ive already got my pr as we applied through family sponsership. I have rung a couple of firms one being erb who told me to get my license and come and see them, another was challenger who said they could help me throughmy test but at a cost of approx $1600 and also help me change my UK license for an Ontario one for $75 , although i thought you could do this yourself for $0 ? My son who lives in Toronto says he is going to ask around for me too . Do you know anything about the above companies at all gremmie, do they good names for treating their staff well ? Thanks for your help
Old Apr 12th 2011, 1:39 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by Gremmie View Post

Considering I apparently "know nothing about it", you said pretty much what I said!