Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

canadian maratime trucking

canadian maratime trucking

Old Oct 16th 2015, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

bigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond repute
Default canadian maratime trucking

hello everyone . i have posted on various things on this forum as i want to move to canada through pnp with my 2 year iec working holiday visa so i would not need a LIMA . i am a trucker in the uk . i like the look of the maratimes but hear alot of bad reports about trucking companys in the maratimes . anyone know why the trucking companys in the maratimes get auch a bad name and any one know any good ones . i am in contat with one in PEI ( i will not mention name at the min but pm me for info ) any input or advice is very welcome
Old Oct 17th 2015, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: canadian maratime trucking

Originally Posted by bigreduk
hello everyone . i have posted on various things on this forum as i want to move to canada through pnp with my 2 year iec working holiday visa so i would not need a LIMA . i am a trucker in the uk . i like the look of the maratimes but hear alot of bad reports about trucking companys in the maratimes . anyone know why the trucking companys in the maratimes get auch a bad name and any one know any good ones . i am in contat with one in PEI ( i will not mention name at the min but pm me for info ) any input or advice is very welcome
Hello, I've not worked in NS, NB, PEI etc. but only heard bad things about the industry over there especially PEI.
From what I've read from other drivers that worked there the mileage pay is very low and most of the companies work a triangle over in the East that don't provide many miles.
There's a lot of tipping in the AM then you don't load till the night and have to run with it.
I don't know of any good companies there or heard of any.
The advantage for you is the IEC, you're not stuck to one company.
If you can, come over, do a recce trip without activating your IEC, go around to all the companies you can, choose and set a start date, sort your training and tests out then you are not wasting valuable visa time doing this.
Old Oct 18th 2015, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

bigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the reply neilg14 great info , which other provance would you reccommend for me . i was considdering manitoba , possibly in steinbach but any information is very welcome . would you think i would be better going to larger company like bison , celadon etc or going for a smaller company ? I have been to alberta , bc and saskatoon and ontario and liked them all equally .

bc - pnp is really really long to enter and process , risk of someting happing changeing in company , los of job etc so a bit of a risk

saskatoon only lets long haul drivers apply to pnp if they are working for a LMIA company

alberta - very long waiting times also i believe but not fully sure , contacted alberta and all they daid was they are not accepting pnp untill january or feb 2016

ontariao - nochance

ideally provance does not matter shortness of pnp to get pr does . i would not be happy untill i got settled with pr and most of the time i will not be in the provance that is nominating me a si will be away long haul trucking and only home a few days a month .

any info or advice is welcome .
Old Oct 20th 2015, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigreduk
thanks for the reply neilg14 great info , which other provance would you reccommend for me . i was considdering manitoba , possibly in steinbach but any information is very welcome . would you think i would be better going to larger company like bison , celadon etc or going for a smaller company ? I have been to alberta , bc and saskatoon and ontario and liked them all equally .

bc - pnp is really really long to enter and process , risk of someting happing changeing in company , los of job etc so a bit of a risk

saskatoon only lets long haul drivers apply to pnp if they are working for a LMIA company

alberta - very long waiting times also i believe but not fully sure , contacted alberta and all they daid was they are not accepting pnp untill january or feb 2016

ontariao - nochance

ideally provance does not matter shortness of pnp to get pr does . i would not be happy untill i got settled with pr and most of the time i will not be in the provance that is nominating me a si will be away long haul trucking and only home a few days a month .

any info or advice is welcome .
Would definitely go for Manitoba, for PR. I don't know any companies there apart from the big ones, Bison, TransX, H&R, there are a couple of drivers on this forum from that area, maybe they can help you out with the better companies.
Old Nov 1st 2015, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

garvs11 is an unknown quantity at this point

I worked out of PEI for 2 years if you want any info feel free to ask
Old Nov 2nd 2015, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

Kazmann is an unknown quantity at this point

are you a PR now? what company did you work for?
Old Nov 4th 2015, 3:49 am
Forum Regular

alandoug is an unknown quantity at this point

He worked for Bulk Carriers. I think they have LMIAs now. You could call them?