Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Canada Trucking companys hiring brits

Canada Trucking companys hiring brits

Old Jul 15th 2015, 11:41 am
Just Joined

Jonash11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Canada Trucking companys hiring brits

Hi just joined and would like some info. looking to move over to Canada with my family (wife and 2 kids 1y and 3y) wanted to know the best way to get over there and what HGV Trucking company's are hiring on the LMIA. Also what sort of funds would u need out there to start ur life i.e. Flight cost to get over, rent, and car etc. any help would be grate Thanks guys
Old Jul 15th 2015, 11:52 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canada Trucking companys hiring brits

Originally Posted by Jonash11
Hi just joined and would like some info. looking to move over to Canada with my family (wife and 2 kids 1y and 3y) wanted to know the best way to get over there and what HGV Trucking company's are hiring on the LMIA. Also what sort of funds would u need out there to start ur life i.e. Flight cost to get over, rent, and car etc. any help would be grate Thanks guys
Hi, and welcome to BE.

Not many companies with LMIA's at the moment, but if you search the forum you'll find mention of one or two, and there's a thread in the Job Offers section from Gladstone Transfers too.

As for money, this thread may be useful - http://britishexpats.com/forum/canad...canada-735341/ Bear in mind it's quite an old thread, but it should give you some useful figures at least.

HTH and best of luck.
Old Jul 18th 2015, 1:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canada Trucking companys hiring brits

Not many trucking companies hiring foreign drivers at the moment due to the rule changes and the economy has gone a bit tits up due to the drop in oil prices.As a result of that alot of drivers got laid off in the oilfields in Alberta .
Do you know what province you want to go to?
Canada is expensive ,I think it cost me about 10,000 pounds to move here and that was just with my son.