British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Trucking (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/)
-   -   Canada here I COME!!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/canada-here-i-come-832791/)

Slippy May 2nd 2014 8:04 am

Canada here I COME!!!!!
 
Went for an interview last week in Warrington for a job with H&R transport and guess what? I've had an offer of employment for which I have excepted :thumbsup: get in there woop woop!!!! Planning on flying out mid June and I'm proper pooping it lol. Can't wait am dead excited:rofl: any advice on what I need to bring with would be massively appreciated guys....? See yol soon:eek:

neilcumming May 3rd 2014 5:14 pm

Re: Canada here I COME!!!!!
 

Originally Posted by Slippy (Post 11243139)
Went for an interview last week in Warrington for a job with H&R transport and guess what? I've had an offer of employment for which I have excepted :thumbsup: get in there woop woop!!!! Planning on flying out mid June and I'm proper pooping it lol. Can't wait am dead excited:rofl: any advice on what I need to bring with would be massively appreciated guys....? See yol soon:eek:

Well done!If your are planning to apply for PR bring your school records (if you went to school :lol:) ,very important that,job references for the past 10yrs,in fact bring all your documents that you can think of, you might need them and make photo copies.When you get here you can buy a GPS ,maps ,cell phone and long johns ,Scotts are best brand ,seriously.

Slippy May 3rd 2014 6:47 pm

Re: Canada here I COME!!!!!
 
Thanks Neil, GPS (sat nav) any suggestions on the best one to buy and costs? I had a question about phones too buddy? Do I just buy a lil cheapy and buy top up vouchers or would I get a contract?

neilcumming May 3rd 2014 7:17 pm

Re: Canada here I COME!!!!!
 
GPS i got a Tom Tom $130 but its not a truck GPS you just use commonsense.The truck GPS start about $240 up to $500,i think Rand McNally are good .Cell phones I have are pre-paids ,no contract 1 for Canada its Telus and 1 for USA a Trac-phone, the roaming charges will kill you,for me the cell phones are just for emergencies as the truck has satellite system to communicate its up to you if you want a contract but i dont blether on the phone:)

jamesmc May 3rd 2014 7:31 pm

Re: Canada here I COME!!!!!
 
aye ,,as neil says ,also a comfy pair o work boots ,dont forget your sense of humour ..you will need it. and money tae get me a :pwee drinkie.catch up later bud.

neilcumming May 4th 2014 1:21 am

Re: Canada here I COME!!!!!
 

Originally Posted by jamesmc (Post 11244708)
aye ,,as neil says ,also a comfy pair o work boots ,dont forget your sense of humour ..you will need it. and money tae get me a :pwee drinkie.catch up later bud.

James is your buddy coming to MB,if so we go for beers

flat to the mat May 4th 2014 2:18 am

Re: Canada here I COME!!!!!
 
Speak English Jimmy FFS :rofl:
Well done OP , buy your winter gear when you get here , cheaper and better plus you don't have to ship it .

Sats72 May 4th 2014 5:24 am

Re: Canada here I COME!!!!!
 
Congratulations Slippy on the job. Regarding GPS, I just use Google maps on my phone and it works a treat. Although like Neil said, you can't follow it blindly.

Slippy May 4th 2014 11:23 am

Re: Canada here I COME!!!!!
 
Cheers guys, yeh I'm heading to winnipeg cos they asked me in the interview where I'd like to be based and I said winnipeg, it worked out treats cos they need single drivers for that depot:rofl: yeh jimmy sorry for not phoning on Friday but went out for some celebration drinks and it got a bit messy :p lolol. First things on my list is to get a phone sorted out cos am taking you out jimmy first chance I get to get drunk lolol. Think I'll need to get a contract phone, bought myself an iPad to Skype my boys but if for any reason I can't FaceTime them I'll still be able to phone them and not worry about running out of credit. Will phone ya tonight jimmy if that ok?

neilcumming May 4th 2014 7:46 pm

Re: Canada here I COME!!!!!
 

Originally Posted by Slippy (Post 11245326)
Cheers guys, yeh I'm heading to winnipeg cos they asked me in the interview where I'd like to be based and I said winnipeg, it worked out treats cos they need single drivers for that depot:rofl: yeh jimmy sorry for not phoning on Friday but went out for some celebration drinks and it got a bit messy :p lolol. First things on my list is to get a phone sorted out cos am taking you out jimmy first chance I get to get drunk lolol. Think I'll need to get a contract phone, bought myself an iPad to Skype my boys but if for any reason I can't FaceTime them I'll still be able to phone them and not worry about running out of credit. Will phone ya tonight jimmy if that ok?

Im coming for beers too! When Im in Winnipeg!

Slippy May 4th 2014 8:28 pm

Re: Canada here I COME!!!!!
 
Yeh defo Neil lol don't know how we'll plan it but I'm hoping I'll get a weekend off before I hit the road so we'll get something planned for definite yeh:thumbsup:

neilcumming May 4th 2014 8:33 pm

Re: Canada here I COME!!!!!
 

Originally Posted by Slippy (Post 11245753)
Yeh defo Neil lol don't know how we'll plan it but I'm hoping I'll get a weekend off before I hit the road so we'll get something planned for definite yeh:thumbsup:

I sent James my cell phone numbers.Im on the road sometimes 2 weeks at a time but we will work something out !

Slippy May 4th 2014 9:07 pm

Re: Canada here I COME!!!!!
 
When I get over I'll fone Jimmy with my new number and get him to pass it on yeh? Look forward to catching with ya's:eek: lol

neilcumming May 6th 2014 2:52 am

Re: Canada here I COME!!!!!
 

Originally Posted by Slippy (Post 11245797)
When I get over I'll fone Jimmy with my new number and get him to pass it on yeh? Look forward to catching with ya's:eek: lol

Ok sounds good.

Gremmie May 8th 2014 12:21 am

Re: Canada here I COME!!!!!
 

Originally Posted by neilcumming (Post 11247638)
Ok sounds good.


Originally Posted by Slippy (Post 11245797)
When I get over I'll fone Jimmy with my new number and get him to pass it on yeh? Look forward to catching with ya's:eek: lol


Originally Posted by jamesmc (Post 11244708)
aye ,,as neil says ,also a comfy pair o work boots ,dont forget your sense of humour ..you will need it. and money tae get me a :pwee drinkie.catch up later bud.


Sound like the " Broke back truckers" are meeting up....:goodpost:


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:51 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.