Canada here I COME!!!!!

Old May 20th 2014, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

nwtrucker will become famous soon enoughnwtrucker will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Canada here I COME!!!!!

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
In your third post you never mentioned C&J , just NB and Day and Ross , enough to set alarm bells ringing in their own right let alone combined
To this day I'll never forget the Taliban D and R driver who undertook me using the shoulder on a 2 lane section of the yellowhead , yee bloody haw !
Lol, Oh thats an everyday occurence bud. I just shake my head at them now as their struggling to keep the trailer out of the ditch!
Old May 20th 2014, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Neil1x
So what are you implying? D&R drivers are pushed past the limit or they take any old driver who can point the truck in the right direction or what? Not trying to wind anybody up but I'm not going to know anything about them till I get over there and doing the job..
If they are giving you an LMO take it,work for them til you get your PR then you can go work for another company .
Old May 20th 2014, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nwtrucker
Lol, Oh thats an everyday occurence bud. I just shake my head at them now as their struggling to keep the trailer out of the ditch!
Blimey , didn't know if you were still here . DJ working out for you ?
Old May 20th 2014, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

nwtrucker will become famous soon enoughnwtrucker will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
Blimey , didn't know if you were still here . DJ working out for you ?

Lol still here and got through a crazy second winter! DJ's was good for me, got a brand new volvo after 6 months, started on hoppers then did tankers for 6 months....but, for being away all week in all weathers I just did not feel I was being adequately compensated. I do not want to diss them as I got great experience with them but it is very tough as a company driver to make a living, especially starting from scratch as we did. A couple of guys have come over and had to go back as they could not bank enough to survive!
However, some owner ops are doing very well!! So, Im quietly looking at going o/o. In the meantime, I got a city job hauling sand and gravel....better pay and home every night.....a no brainer for me!! PR is just around the corner=options! Hope your well and looking forward to BBQ season
Old May 20th 2014, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

Neil1x is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jamesmc
I was told D&Rs own trucks are ran on elogs.they are owned by mc cain foods.so no prob BUT a lot of their smaller contractors and o/os drive like madmen!!balls to the wind,,they would try to get past you anytime any place. just my look at things
My take on that is let them go. I'll catch them up at the next drop. I drive at my pace ( which is not hanging about ) but if someone wants to go. quicker then come on by. Btw flying out June 2nd :-)))
Old May 20th 2014, 8:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nwtrucker
Lol still here and got through a crazy second winter! DJ's was good for me, got a brand new volvo after 6 months, started on hoppers then did tankers for 6 months....but, for being away all week in all weathers I just did not feel I was being adequately compensated. I do not want to diss them as I got great experience with them but it is very tough as a company driver to make a living, especially starting from scratch as we did. A couple of guys have come over and had to go back as they could not bank enough to survive!
However, some owner ops are doing very well!! So, Im quietly looking at going o/o. In the meantime, I got a city job hauling sand and gravel....better pay and home every night.....a no brainer for me!! PR is just around the corner=options! Hope your well and looking forward to BBQ season
We're currently looking for a driver on cryo tankers working 4 on 4 off if you're interested , good money and benefits
Old May 21st 2014, 11:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Neil1x
My take on that is let them go. I'll catch them up at the next drop. I drive at my pace ( which is not hanging about ) but if someone wants to go. quicker then come on by. Btw flying out June 2nd :-)))
not much good on trans canada in west ON ..its single track wae overtaking lanes ..or three wide when they want.
my advise is take the job come over get licence and if its bad move to another lmo job,easier when over here.
hope it goes well though.jimmy.