Canada here I COME!!!!!

Old May 2nd 2014, 7:04 am
Flying Scotsman

Slippy will become famous soon enoughSlippy will become famous soon enough
Default Canada here I COME!!!!!

Went for an interview last week in Warrington for a job with H&R transport and guess what? I've had an offer of employment for which I have excepted get in there woop woop!!!! Planning on flying out mid June and I'm proper pooping it lol. Can't wait am dead excited any advice on what I need to bring with would be massively appreciated guys....? See yol soon
Old May 3rd 2014, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canada here I COME!!!!!

Originally Posted by Slippy
Went for an interview last week in Warrington for a job with H&R transport and guess what? I've had an offer of employment for which I have excepted get in there woop woop!!!! Planning on flying out mid June and I'm proper pooping it lol. Can't wait am dead excited any advice on what I need to bring with would be massively appreciated guys....? See yol soon
Well done!If your are planning to apply for PR bring your school records (if you went to school ) ,very important that,job references for the past 10yrs,in fact bring all your documents that you can think of, you might need them and make photo copies.When you get here you can buy a GPS ,maps ,cell phone and long johns ,Scotts are best brand ,seriously.
Old May 3rd 2014, 5:47 pm
Flying Scotsman

Thanks Neil, GPS (sat nav) any suggestions on the best one to buy and costs? I had a question about phones too buddy? Do I just buy a lil cheapy and buy top up vouchers or would I get a contract?
Old May 3rd 2014, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

GPS i got a Tom Tom $130 but its not a truck GPS you just use commonsense.The truck GPS start about $240 up to $500,i think Rand McNally are good .Cell phones I have are pre-paids ,no contract 1 for Canada its Telus and 1 for USA a Trac-phone, the roaming charges will kill you,for me the cell phones are just for emergencies as the truck has satellite system to communicate its up to you if you want a contract but i dont blether on the phone
Old May 3rd 2014, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

aye ,,as neil says ,also a comfy pair o work boots ,dont forget your sense of humour ..you will need it. and money tae get me a wee drinkie.catch up later bud.
Old May 4th 2014, 12:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jamesmc
aye ,,as neil says ,also a comfy pair o work boots ,dont forget your sense of humour ..you will need it. and money tae get me a wee drinkie.catch up later bud.
James is your buddy coming to MB,if so we go for beers
Old May 4th 2014, 1:18 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Speak English Jimmy FFS
Well done OP , buy your winter gear when you get here , cheaper and better plus you don't have to ship it .
Old May 4th 2014, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

Sats72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations Slippy on the job. Regarding GPS, I just use Google maps on my phone and it works a treat. Although like Neil said, you can't follow it blindly.
Old May 4th 2014, 10:23 am
Flying Scotsman

Cheers guys, yeh I'm heading to winnipeg cos they asked me in the interview where I'd like to be based and I said winnipeg, it worked out treats cos they need single drivers for that depot yeh jimmy sorry for not phoning on Friday but went out for some celebration drinks and it got a bit messy lolol. First things on my list is to get a phone sorted out cos am taking you out jimmy first chance I get to get drunk lolol. Think I'll need to get a contract phone, bought myself an iPad to Skype my boys but if for any reason I can't FaceTime them I'll still be able to phone them and not worry about running out of credit. Will phone ya tonight jimmy if that ok?
Old May 4th 2014, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Cheers guys, yeh I'm heading to winnipeg cos they asked me in the interview where I'd like to be based and I said winnipeg, it worked out treats cos they need single drivers for that depot yeh jimmy sorry for not phoning on Friday but went out for some celebration drinks and it got a bit messy lolol. First things on my list is to get a phone sorted out cos am taking you out jimmy first chance I get to get drunk lolol. Think I'll need to get a contract phone, bought myself an iPad to Skype my boys but if for any reason I can't FaceTime them I'll still be able to phone them and not worry about running out of credit. Will phone ya tonight jimmy if that ok?
Im coming for beers too! When Im in Winnipeg!
Old May 4th 2014, 7:28 pm
Flying Scotsman

Yeh defo Neil lol don't know how we'll plan it but I'm hoping I'll get a weekend off before I hit the road so we'll get something planned for definite yeh
Old May 4th 2014, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yeh defo Neil lol don't know how we'll plan it but I'm hoping I'll get a weekend off before I hit the road so we'll get something planned for definite yeh
I sent James my cell phone numbers.Im on the road sometimes 2 weeks at a time but we will work something out !
Old May 4th 2014, 8:07 pm
Flying Scotsman

When I get over I'll fone Jimmy with my new number and get him to pass it on yeh? Look forward to catching with ya's lol
Old May 6th 2014, 1:52 am
BE Forum Addict

When I get over I'll fone Jimmy with my new number and get him to pass it on yeh? Look forward to catching with ya's lol
Ok sounds good.
Old May 7th 2014, 11:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neilcumming
Ok sounds good.
Originally Posted by jamesmc

Sound like the " Broke back truckers" are meeting up....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.