Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Canada Fuel Prices V US Fuel Prices

Canada Fuel Prices V US Fuel Prices

Old Dec 13th 2007, 6:45 am
BE Enthusiast

bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all
Default Canada Fuel Prices V US Fuel Prices

Hey guys and Gals

Can you explain why the vast difference

Look at this one 1st

Pilot Travel Center
Store No. 461
Address 19325 Essex County Road 42
Tilbury, ON CA N0P2L0
Interstate Hwy 401, Exit 56
Phone (519) 682-1140
Fax (519) 682-9221
Coordinates 42.2641530, -82.4621730

Prices at this Location
Unleaded C$0.969L
Mid Grade C$1.009L
Super C$1.049L
Diesel C$0.979L
Now in the US they charge

Pilot Travel Center
Store No. 114
Address 2449 Genesis Road
Crossville, TN US 38571
Interstate I-40, Exit 320
Phone (931) 787-1901
Fax (931) 787-1905
Coordinates 35.9851800, -85.0115970

Prices at this Location
Unleaded $2.759
Mid Grade $2.859
Super $2.959
Diesel $3.159
Now the US to Canada exchange rate is

1.00 CAD = 0.987737 USD
Not a lot of difference in exchange, but WOW the prices are vast
Old Dec 13th 2007, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

meritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nice
Default Re: Canada Fuel Prices V US Fuel Prices

Originally Posted by bigwheels241
Hey guys and Gals

Can you explain why the vast difference

Look at this one 1st

Now in the US they charge

Now the US to Canada exchange rate is

Not a lot of difference in exchange, but WOW the prices are vast
excuse me am i missing something here.

dont the canadians sell fuel by the liter,the americans sell it by the USgallon.
that may explain the price difference,1 US gallon = about 3.8 liters!!!
Old Dec 18th 2007, 11:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

On the Canadian side of the Ambassador Bridge they post a large sign converting the US price into Canadian and also into litrey-whatnots so Canadians can compare without doing any mental arithmetic

I think the direct comparison was about 77 cents a litre in the US last time I looked. And apparently Michigan has one of the highest fuel prices in the US. I always try and cross on fumes so I can fill up as soon as I'm there
Old Dec 20th 2007, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

meritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nice

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
On the Canadian side of the Ambassador Bridge they post a large sign converting the US price into Canadian and also into litrey-whatnots so Canadians can compare without doing any mental arithmetic

I think the direct comparison was about 77 cents a litre in the US last time I looked. And apparently Michigan has one of the highest fuel prices in the US. I always try and cross on fumes so I can fill up as soon as I'm there
dont you take IFTA in to account ????
Old Dec 20th 2007, 11:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meritor
dont you take IFTA in to account ????
I don't even know what IFTA is, I shouldn't have posted prices as I was talking about petrol and all your big things take that other stuff, don't they?!
Old Dec 20th 2007, 2:39 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

I don't even know what IFTA is, I shouldn't have posted prices as I was talking about petrol and all your big things take that other stuff, don't they?!
Lol..... merry christmas biiiiink. You're a star
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

Darkfaith is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes the IFTA need to be taken in account when it comes to fuel price. What is the IFTA? It's commonly called fuel tax that you pay for travelling into a state with a truck. Let's get an example.

If you drive in Ontario, you will pay a tax for each kilometers driven in that state. So if you run, let's say, 500 km in Ontario, you will pay a certain amount. Now if you fuel in Ontario, they will reimburse you the taxes that are included in you fuel price.

The rate by kilometer that you pay wihile driving in a state is different for every state that you drive. One thing is sure, is that the biggest fuel tax will be found in Ontario and Quebec. So if you take the IFTA in account, you'll find than the fuel is less expensive in Ontario than in Michigan.

I hope than my explanation is not to confusing
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 11:18 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Darkfaith
Yes the IFTA need to be taken in account when it comes to fuel price. What is the IFTA? It's commonly called fuel tax that you pay for travelling into a state with a truck. Let's get an example.

If you drive in Ontario, you will pay a tax for each kilometers driven in that state. So if you run, let's say, 500 km in Ontario, you will pay a certain amount. Now if you fuel in Ontario, they will reimburse you the taxes that are included in you fuel price.

The rate by kilometer that you pay wihile driving in a state is different for every state that you drive. One thing is sure, is that the biggest fuel tax will be found in Ontario and Quebec. So if you take the IFTA in account, you'll find than the fuel is less expensive in Ontario than in Michigan.

I hope than my explanation is not to confusing
Clear as mud thank you
Old Dec 26th 2007, 4:05 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.global-trucker.com/IFTA.html
Old Dec 27th 2007, 10:32 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Hey!!!!! anyone else noticed that biiiiiiiink has been replaced by an equally gorgeous girl with the same name?
Old Dec 28th 2007, 1:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by andy_sheila
Hey!!!!! anyone else noticed that biiiiiiiink has been replaced by an equally gorgeous girl with the same name?
Flattery will get you everywhere I'd say it was back to natural but that'd be grey
Old Dec 28th 2007, 3:45 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Flattery will get you everywhere I'd say it was back to natural but that'd be grey
We must use the same brand
Old Dec 28th 2007, 3:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

I think shes an imposter....or a Russian spy

Andy we dont get Karma for creeping...just for being honest....

Please Biiiiiiiiiiiiink give me karma ppppppppppppppllllllleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssss sseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old Dec 28th 2007, 4:10 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Originally Posted by Gremmie
I think shes an imposter....or a Russian spy

Andy we dont get Karma for creeping...just for being honest....

Please Biiiiiiiiiiiiink give me karma ppppppppppppppllllllleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssss sseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
get back to work you province hopper
Old Dec 28th 2007, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna_D
get back to work you province hopper
Ah ha....see i knew it along..!!!! you and Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiink are both double agents,using the same hair dye gave you away. Such a cheap disguise. Bond will get you both in the end
I prefer to hop women than provinces
Happy 2008....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.