Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Calgary trucking jobs from UK

Calgary trucking jobs from UK

Old Aug 25th 2012, 1:48 pm
Just Joined

simoncdl is just really nicesimoncdl is just really nicesimoncdl is just really nicesimoncdl is just really nicesimoncdl is just really nicesimoncdl is just really nicesimoncdl is just really nicesimoncdl is just really nicesimoncdl is just really nicesimoncdl is just really nicesimoncdl is just really nice
Default Calgary trucking jobs from UK

I have a possible interview with a good company in Regina who are willing to do all the paperwork, flights etc and get me over to drive a truck etc etc.
My wife and I really like the sound of Calgary though and were wondering if there were reputable companies hiring there.
Would love to earn a fortune every day and be home every night but realistically speaking i realise that it might mean time away from home. I'm willing to do that but not to the ridiculous extent that i become another warm body behind the wheel. Those in the business will know what i mean.
I have a U.S. Passport and about 10 years of experience as an owner operator before returning to the UK in 2007
My wife was born in Canada and therefore has a Canadian passport
Any more info on request regarding my driving experiences.
Thanks for any help
Old Aug 26th 2012, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calgary trucking jobs from UK

Try googling Kijiji - Calgary - Jobs - Drivers/Security -then Truck Driver in the search bar, 342 jobs on there yesterday, then start contacting companies, explaining what you're after.
Alternatively www.jobbank.gc.ca. Put in Alberta - Calgary - Truck Driver.
AFAIK you are limited on the work you can do depending on visa you get, other drivers on here will explain far better than me, also the provinces SK/MB are from what I read easier to get into, get your PR then move to AB.